Front Air Dam Removed

RangersLeadTheWay

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
Looks amazing, thanks for taking the time to shoot these pics for me. :)

I wonder why people were having issues with a gap between their skid plate and bumper then... hmm
No problem! I would’ve taken a better picture, but if I had opened up my garage door, the wife would’ve probably thought I was escaping the house for good ?

Pretty sure the gap people are referring to comes from the non FX4 skid plate. When you remove the air dam, there is definitely a gap… It covered up completely when you swap it out with the FX4 version though.

Dairychuk

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford ranger
No problem! I would’ve taken a better picture, but if I had opened up my garage door, the wife would’ve probably thought I was escaping the house for good ?

Pretty sure the gap people are referring to comes from the non FX4 skid plate. When you remove the air dam, there is definitely a gap… It covered up completely when you swap it out with the FX4 version though.
The fx4 skid plate is still purchasable through ford?

any noticeable drop in MPG with the air dam removed?

RangersLeadTheWay

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
The fx4 skid plate is still purchasable through ford?

any noticeable drop in MPG with the air dam removed?
You should be able to purchase through Levit Town Ford or your local dealer (although LTF will probably be the cheaper option). Sometimes you will find them in the user marketplace on here, or you can always try your luck with EBay.

While my MPG did go down with the removal of the air dam and addition of the FX4 skid plate, I have 32” tires and leveled 2.5” in the front. Those definitely bring it down cumulatively, but it’s not a drastic change. I made up for it with small things such as the CAI, exhaust, and tune. Hope this helps!

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
So, that light color thing above the bash plate that FX4 bumpers have is only appearance plastic or is it heavy metal?
Sponsored