2021 order time frame?

Muffin1

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silver STX 4X4 SC
When do you get your order number and vin? Just ordered one today and received the confirmation email but no numbers.
A lot of when you get those pieces of info depends on what you ordered a S'crew or S'cab,
the S'crews are being produced at a higher rate than the other body style, for a number of reasons.
The email is just a confirmation that you order is in the queue but not picked up, so depending on your options and body style will dictate when you get the vin#.
A order# should have been provided when you got your preview order printout from the dealer,
it's usually a combo of 4 digits/letters.
Sponsored

Last edited:

miken

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 HPR Ranger Lariat, 2021 Mustang Mach-E
When do you get your order number and vin? Just ordered one today and received the confirmation email but no numbers.
When I ordered mine back in September, got the email confirmation the same day and the VIN with potential build date 1 month after.

Muffin1

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silver STX 4X4 SC
When I ordered mine back in September, got the email confirmation the same day and the VIN with potential build date 1 month after.
Yes and mine was about 3 or 4 weeks also i agree shoulda put that in my above post for him.

acormier7

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT Supercab (on order)
Occupation
Tool and Die Maker
Ordered my 21 in September and received it in January 22. XLT 301A disappointed about ford deleting items from 301 A group
What did they delete? I didnt think there was much in the 301A package.

Grussell

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat 4X4 Screw, 17 Escape Titanium
Occupation
retired fire fighter
Now it shows estimated delivery of 1/12/2022
And just like that, it's groundhog day again! Now the estimated delivery shows 1/20/2022. When will this nightmare end? Ordered late March 2021, Ford accepted the order on April 21, 2021. Ford has been showing it as BUILT on 10/23/2021. Does it really take 3 months to ship?

1100am Update:
After exchanging a few emails with the dealer's GM, he is implying the factory may have "lost" this 2021 Ranger and they are ordering me another 2022 Ranger just in case my original Ranger is not found.

Last edited:

Muffin1

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silver STX 4X4 SC
And just like that, it's groundhog day again! Now the estimated delivery shows 1/20/2022. When will this nightmare end? Ordered late March 2021, Ford accepted the order on April 21, 2021. Ford has been showing it as BUILT on 10/23/2021. Does it really take 3 months to ship?

1100am Update:
After exchanging a few emails with the dealer's GM, he is implying the factory may have "lost" this 2021 Ranger and they are ordering me another 2022 Ranger just in case my original Ranger is not found.
You know when i was following & reading your earlier posts about the delivery delay, i had thought to myself that something was fishy it just doesn't take that long and other members were getting their trucks delivered without the ridiculous transit wait you were experiencing, i imagined that it was damaged to some extent during movement on off the train or some situation like that, and it was being repaired and they were just making up a story to you.
But 'may have lost' it just doesn't get lost, so was it stolen from a holding lot or damaged? I guess that don't have to reveal what really happened but I'm betting they know, somebody knows and what would be the big deal to tell you upfront, well good luck on the next one,
but certainly, what a debacle this has been.

airish1531

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT sport 4x4
Occupation
Auto damage inspector
Vehicle Showcase
What did they delete? I didnt think there was much in the 301A package.
In my 2019 301A i had power mirrors, parking sensors, ford even deleted the cleats for passenger floor mats weather techs are useless

Last edited:

TheDo114

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor XLT
In my 2019 301A i had power mirrors, parking sensors, ford even deleted the cleats for passenger floor mats weather techs are useless
I just got my 2021 tremor 301A and I have the parking sensors and the power mirrors but no cleats for the passenger floor mats.

Grussell

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired fire fighter
Verifiable truth has been spoken by the dealership's GM, he did order me a new Ranger since the 21 Ranger ordered in April 2021 and October 2021 built Ranger is now MIA. I received an email from Ford acknowledging the new order. This is a step up since it was the first email I have ever received from Ford.

Now the waiting game begins anew!

kpgreenwell

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro 2021 Lincoln Corsair 2022 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Electronic Technician
Verifiable truth has been spoken by the dealership's GM, he did order me a new Ranger since the 21 Ranger ordered in April 2021 and October 2021 built Ranger is now MIA. I received an email from Ford acknowledging the new order. This is a step up since it was the first email I have ever received from Ford.

I feel for you. I have been watching your post and felt bad for your wait. I have been waiting also since Aug. 24th. when I ordered a 2021 Ford Lariat 501a Spray in bed liner Scab Carbonized Gray. My order got canceled on Oct. 28th and reordered a 2022. I changed the color to Cactus Gray and added the tow package at that time. My Ranger went in as a priority 10 from my Dealer. I checked a couple of weeks ago with my Dealer about deleting the spray in bed liner but his reply was I can't now, Ford moved my order to a Priority 2 . Good news maybe but still no build date or Vin #.

Pinski66

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus

I have been following your story, hoping that you got your ranger. I'm glad they ordered you a 22 and I hope they make it right.

Canuckian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Crew Cab Lariat Blackout
New member. Thought I would add my experience to the list here. Ordered a 2021 grey lariat 501a Fx4 with blackout package and tow on Sept 30. Notified by dealer Nov 16th it was moved to a 2022. No updates past that, though I am hopeful from the reports of others who ordered at that time that build will be late Jan or early Feb. That being said, it is a lariat with a box liner, so I suppose that is 2 strikes against. Also, ordering from western Canada….

Really looking forward to having a truck again. It has been nearly 18 years since my Sonoma extended cab got written off, and I have been driving cars and suvs since.

Grussell

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired fire fighter

Yet another update. The MIA Ranger has been found. The delay was caused by a "Powertrain" shortage which has been corrected. According to Ford, the truck has now been marked as "HOT" with the carrier and Ford says it is now expected to be delivered 1/14 to 1/20.

Last edited:

Grussell

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired fire fighter
Yet another update. The MIA Ranger has been found. The delay was caused by a "Powertrain" shortage which has been corrected. According to Ford, the truck has now been marked as "HOT" with the carrier and Ford says it is now expected to be delivered 1/14 to 1/20.
Ford tracker still showing the Ranger is awaiting shipping however, the salesman sent me text a few minutes ago to let me know I am back in the making car payments business. Ranger rolled off the truck during the 3pm hour.

I'll go pick it up tomorrow afternoon just in time for snow moving in this weekend.

1642195799313.png

1642195828928.png

1642195865675.png

Last edited:

BrassSlinger

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Velocity Blue Tremor Lariat,2017 Honda Civic
Occupation
Technician
Ford tracker still showing the Ranger is awaiting shipping however, the salesman sent me text a few minutes ago to let me know I am back in the making car payments business. Ranger rolled off the truck during the 3pm hour.

I'll go pick it up tomorrow afternoon just in time for snow moving in this weekend.

1642195799313.png

1642195828928.png

1642195865675.png
Awesome,congrats the wait is over. Bet you dont sleep good tonight.
Sponsored