Time frames

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
I would appreciate any information on the following....

Does the truck actually enter "In Production" before the sticker is made and will notice of it appear as part of tracking?

How long before the actual build date does the truck switch from "In Processing" to
"In Production"?

How long after the actual build date does it go to awaiting shipping, etc.

Ford is now claiming that I have 35 days to delivery,
I am told it will be built the week of April 29th ( probably May 4th)

May the 4th be with me!

th?id=OIP.jpg
Sponsored

Claudess

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I would be nice to have a sticky thread on the ordering and pricing section on this type of info.

For all of us constantly checking the tracker and the Window Sticker link and getting the "No Sticker Yet" message.

1) How long before entering production does the window sticker become available? This would save a lot of window sticker checking if I knew they don't make it until X days before production for example.

2) How long does In Production last. Typical, short and long and I think there was a two month worst case.

3) What are the average ship times to various parts of the country? States ?

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I would be nice to have a sticky thread on the ordering and pricing section on this type of info.

For all of us constantly checking the tracker and the Window Sticker link and getting the "No Sticker Yet" message.

1) How long before entering production does the window sticker become available? This would save a lot of window sticker checking if I knew they don't make it until X days before production for example.

2) How long does In Production last. Typical, short and long and I think there was a two month worst case.

3) What are the average ship times to various parts of the country? States ?
1 - My window sticker showed up 8 days before my blend date, but my truck did not finish production until 3 days later.

2 - The blend date is the date when all the parts come together. I think production actually starts before the blend date, as I think it takes about 3 days to complete a truck.

3 - This is a good question and I don't think there is a good answer - the tracker says 12-28 days, but it seems like there are some crazy variations. Mine spent more time sitting than moving during transit and I'm still waiting for the final trip from the rail yard to the dealer.

It is a difficult wait for sure.

Anyone else correct me if I said anything wrong.

Ric

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Timeline for my truck:

Ordered 11/13 - Estimated delivery date 5/2

The dash represent a whole lot of waiting, frustration, and eventually, loss of all optimism.

Good luck!

dmeyer302

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Escape, 2016 Odyssey
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Just got my window sticker today, and the tracker went from "Processing" to "In Production" at the same time. Blend date 4/17, estimated delivery 5/8.

Claudess

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Just got my window sticker today, and the tracker went from "Processing" to "In Production" at the same time. Blend date 4/17, estimated delivery 5/8.

Hmm, I guess all I had to do was post this question! My window sticker just showed up over night using the link. (Was not available at 9pm and is available now at 3 am) The tracking site does not include the link to the window sticker yet.

Blend date of 4/18/2019 and Delivery Still at 5/12/2019. SuperCap. So in my case the window sticker showed up 6 days prior to blend.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
For reference, here is my timeline - my truck was just delivered overnight, and I'm hoping to pick it up on Sunday:

Ordered at Dealer 12/22/2018
Accepted at Ford 12/26/2018
ROVP Approved 12/28/2018
VIN Assigned 1/18/2019
Window Sticker Available 3/8/2019
Blend Date 3/16/2019
Production Complete 3/19/2019
Shipped by truck from plant to Rail Yard in Woodhaven, MI 3/23/2019
Shipped via train from Woodhaven, MI 3/29/2019
Arrived in Portland Railyard 4/9/2019
Delivered via truck to Dealer 4/12/2019

ExChief45

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Chrysler Concorde
Occupation
Gas System Operations - Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
Unless you get hung up with production issues, I think the biggest variable is transportation. My time line is similar to RedlandRanger, I ordered a few days before him but I was able to pick mine up on March 30. I think I was just lucky there was a train heading east at the right time and my truck didn't sit long before being delivered to my dealer. As they say timing is everything, unfortunately we control none of it.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Unless you get hung up with production issues, I think the biggest variable is transportation. My time line is similar to RedlandRanger, I ordered a few days before him but I was able to pick mine up on March 30. I think I was just lucky there was a train heading east at the right time and my truck didn't sit long before being delivered to my dealer. As they say timing is everything, unfortunately we control none of it.
In all fairness, the Ford tracker was reasonably accurate for me - it still took longer than I thought it would, but the only change was that my delivery date got moved back 5 days about a month ago, but it ended up getting delivered one day early. My biggest complaint was the time it took to schedule my build, although it seems that is happening quicker now. As you see from my schedule above, it was almost a month from the time I submitted my order (and got ROVP approved) until it got scheduled (VIN assigned). It was my understanding that ROVP orders were supposed to be scheduled the week after they were approved. That would have cut down my timeline by about 3 weeks.

I'm just excited to get my truck and drive it!

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered on 1/2. My son who works for Ford said it would be 6 months. So, I was excited to see my truck built on 3/14. But, then the snow and rain came and the transportation system (which sucks on a good day) blew up. When I see people ordering now I cringe. I would never want to go thru this again. I have learned a lot from this web site but somethings I didnt want to know. :eek::whew::tumbleweed:

OP
OP
Floyd

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
I ordered on 1/2. My son who works for Ford said it would be 6 months. So, I was excited to see my truck built on 3/14. But, then the snow and rain came and the transportation system (which sucks on a good day) blew up. When I see people ordering now I cringe. I would never want to go thru this again. I have learned a lot from this web site but somethings I didnt want to know. :eek::whew::tumbleweed:
I ordered one day after you. My truck MAY be built in May (ROVP approved:LOL:)
Still in processing.

RIRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Vehicle Showcase
For reference, here is my timeline - my truck was just delivered overnight, and I'm hoping to pick it up on Sunday:

Ordered at Dealer 12/22/2018
Accepted at Ford 12/26/2018
ROVP Approved 12/28/2018
VIN Assigned 1/18/2019
Window Sticker Available 3/8/2019
Blend Date 3/16/2019
Production Complete 3/19/2019
Shipped by truck from plant to Rail Yard in Woodhaven, MI 3/23/2019
Shipped via train from Woodhaven, MI 3/29/2019
Arrived in Portland Railyard 4/9/2019
Delivered via truck to Dealer 4/12/2019
I ordered one month after you and it arrived at my dealer one day before yours. Our production and shipping dates are the same except my truck sat at the rail yard for over a week before being transported to my dealer. The Ford tracker was pretty accurate, estimating delivery between 4/8 and 4/14.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered one month after you and it arrived at my dealer one day before yours. Our production and shipping dates are the same except my truck sat at the rail yard for over a week before being transported to my dealer. The Ford tracker was pretty accurate, estimating delivery between 4/8 and 4/14.
Although it would be nice to have more info on the "in transit" part of the tracker (like "where is it now"), the tracker was accurate for me as well. My delivery date ETA got changed once over a month ago, but it was finally delivered one day sooner than the ETA - so I can't complain about that. I think the biggest complaint on the tracker is those odd situations that people have had - to know WHY it has been sitting "in production" for weeks. And also so that it would update the ETA appropriately when those odd things occur.

Ric

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Although it would be nice to have more info on the "in transit" part of the tracker (like "where is it now"), the tracker was accurate for me as well. My delivery date ETA got changed once over a month ago, but it was finally delivered one day sooner than the ETA - so I can't complain about that. I think the biggest complaint on the tracker is those odd situations that people have had - to know WHY it has been sitting "in production" for weeks. And also so that it would update the ETA appropriately when those odd things occur.
I totally agree. I had to push hard to get answers about the delays. I made great friends here who made the wait bearable. I reached out to my dealership to let them know I expect them to expedite the pick up of my truck when it hits the rail yard. It’s not the dealerships fault my build was delayed, but they should move fast on what they can control.

RIRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Vehicle Showcase
I totally agree. I had to push hard to get answers about the delays. I made great friends here who made the wait bearable. I reached out to my dealership to let them know I expect them to expedite the pick up of my truck when it hits the rail yard. It’s not the dealerships fault my build was delayed, but they should move fast on what they can control.
Not sure the dealer can control the pickup of your truck from the rail yard. Mine sat at the rail yard for 8 days and the dealer said there was nothing they could do. They had no control over United Road's schedule for pickup. In fact, they have a customer who's truck has been waiting for pickup for the past two weeks. My truck was picked up even though it came in after their's. As far as I know, that truck is still sitting at the rail yard. :shock:
Sponsored