OP
OP
Frio

Frio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Picked it up Wednesday evening and pretty much closed the place. After about 250 mixed miles, that of which 150 of were high speed interstate type driving, over the last couple days, me very much likey!

Went back Thursday afternoon to have them apply the GlassCoat interior/exterior protection then took this pic.
PXL_20210513_190229796.jpg

Linex application scheduled for next Friday and yes, the DAMPER will be here today!! (as well as a few other small things). Just ordered the AVS Bugflector II and Husky Weatherbeater mats.

Will be coordinating with a member here on meeting up to buy his OEM running boards soon too. I was up in the air on running boards but my wife insists on it.

When I spoke with the guy to make the Linex appointment I asked him if they sell the UnderCover ArmorFlex tonneau. The answer was no but then he said they have a Linex branded version. Costs a few bucks more but also comes with a "lifetime" warranty. Anyone have experience with this cover?

So far not sure any of the programmable/tech items are an issue for me, again, so far. All updates worked just fine over WIFI; SYNC3 and maps updated to latest I know of quickly and without issue. Also, I've hardly noticed the auto stop/start and even when I have it hasn't bother me. Am going to hold off on Forscan for now but suspect it'll get ordered soon anyway, just so it's available when I do decide something needs to change :).

More to come.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Picked it up Wednesday evening and pretty much closed the place. After about 250 mixed miles, that of which 150 of were high speed interstate type driving, over the last couple days, me very much likey!

Went back Thursday afternoon to have them apply the GlassCoat interior/exterior protection then took this pic.
PXL_20210513_190229796.jpg

Linex application scheduled for next Friday and yes, the DAMPER will be here today!! (as well as a few other small things). Just ordered the AVS Bugflector II and Husky Weatherbeater mats.

Will be coordinating with a member here on meeting up to buy his OEM running boards soon too. I was up in the air on running boards but my wife insists on it.

When I spoke with the guy to make the Linex appointment I asked him if they sell the UnderCover ArmorFlex tonneau. The answer was no but then he said they have a Linex branded version. Costs a few bucks more but also comes with a "lifetime" warranty. Anyone have experience with this cover?

So far not sure any of the programmable/tech items are an issue for me, again, so far. All updates worked just fine over WIFI; SYNC3 and maps updated to latest I know of quickly and without issue. Also, I've hardly noticed the auto stop/start and even when I have it hasn't bother me. Am going to hold off on Forscan for now but suspect it'll get ordered soon anyway, just so it's available when I do decide something needs to change :).

More to come.
Congrats on finally getting your Ranger! I know it was a stressful wait especially with the chip shortage, now it's time to drain the bank account. lol You can always add the LED nightlight to disable A/S/S if you find you don't like it.

Oh...Welcome to the club! ?

The Kool Damper Klub.jpg

OP
OP
Frio

Frio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Congrats on finally getting your Ranger! I know it was a stressful wait especially with the chip shortage, now it's time to drain the bank account. lol You can always add the LED nightlight to disable A/S/S if you find you don't like it.

Oh...Welcome to the club! ?

The Kool Damper Klub.jpg
Whoa! little fast on the trigger... it's not installed yet.

BUT, I now have the free t-shirt so who's really the winner here?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Whoa! little fast on the trigger... it's not installed yet.

BUT, I now have the free t-shirt so who's really the winner here?
Ordering it is half the battle. One you get it no way you can resist installing it. ?

I'd say we're both winners...Now I don't have to spend time converting you and can go back to my project Al @Texasota. ?

OP
OP
Frio

Frio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Ordering it is half the battle. One you get it no way you can resist installing it. ?

I'd say we're both winners...Now I don't have to spend time converting you and can go back to my project Al @Texasota. ?
This is hard to type... I'm shaking. I have delayed the install until after Linex is done Friday. Had it all sprawled out on the undampered taligate then it hit me, I must resist (I was not injured releasing the Kraken). I need to see if this thing has the power to move things in the garage so I can open the fridge! Very important, I'm optimistic.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
This is hard to type... I'm shaking. I have delayed the install until after Linex is done Friday. Had it all sprawled out on the undampered taligate then it hit me, I must resist (I was not injured releasing the Kraken). I need to see if this thing has the power to move things in the garage so I can open the fridge! Very important, I'm optimistic.
It's to late the hardest part is done and over with which is buying the damper. Now your fate is set so no point in resisting anymore. It's only a matter of time now but eventually you'll look like the rest of us. o_O

skinny-guy-genetics.jpg

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, 2023 Escape PHEV
Yes, resist! You do not need that silly thing. Return it and use the money for something useful.

Last edited:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Yes, resist! You do not need that silly thing. Return it and use the money for something used.
Silly? You spent $30K+ for a truck and the heaviest thing you haul in your Ranger Al are a couple M&M's. ? ?

OP
OP
Frio

Frio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat

Yes, resist! You do not need that silly thing. Return it and use the money for something useful.
Resistance is futile.
PXL_20210522_214317440.jpg

Linex was done yesterday. Couple of really cool dudes there and they did an excellent job IMHO keeping all holes I asked to keep clean, well, clean.

PXL_20210521_222028019.jpg

Tomorrow OEM running boards (picked from @Jimbo this morning) will be going on. Instead of doing it today I wasted the afternoon watching the Pens get waxed :sadface:. The damper was a frustration reliever ?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I'm in such a good mood today I'm giving you another shirt! ?

Plus I know when Al @Texasota sees this it'll just make him angrier. :angry: ?

The Kool Damper Klub.jpg
Sponsored