First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unicycle.
Occupation
I make electricity
Here is a post about my 2021 Ranger order. Just a reference of time frame to look back on at a later time for anyone interested in the process. This is the first special order I have done. If the options I wanted were available on a Ranger on the lot of my local dealer I would be driving it today. I had to special order it because what I wanted was not available in 4 states.

I will add to this post as updates are available.

9 Feb 2021 - order date with dealer
18 Feb 2021 - VIN# issued, scheduled build date 22 March 2021
5 March 2021 - scheduled delivery to Las Vegas dealer on 25 April
12 March 2021 - Ranger in production (window sticker link available)
13 March 2021 - Window sticker available to view today.
15 March 2021 - Scheduled dealer delivery date now 17 May 2021 on web.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Megawatt

Megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unicycle.
Occupation
I make electricity
First issue is I wanted the super cab with 6’ bed. As a comparison one dealer in town had 38 super crew Rangers and only 2 super cabs (XL model). Very rare to find super cabs in the state and I even checked Arizona, Utah, and the LA California area.

Must have FX4
Must have keyless entry.

Lots of good looking colors for 2021 so I was very flexible there but ended up with carbonized grey. Cyber orange is beautiful but I thought years from now the flashy color might be a fad for me. Cactus grey was the color I would choose for a 4door Bronco but for a truck I figured I would have to explain my color choice of cactus grey to others. Carbonized grey works for me and was even suggested by the wife as a mans color for a mans truck.

The default on the B&P for a carbonized grey ranger with leather seats is black leather. I wanted a lighter interior so I ordered the stone leather. Better when it’s 115F outside every Summer and lighter color is easier is see inside the cab.

I can’t hear so good so the 10 speaker B&O sound system is not going to be a benefit to me so I don’t need the 501 tech package. I can spend the $2000 upgrade on a lift kit.

I don’t care for the navigation when Apple car play and google maps works great. So i saved on navigation a B&O sound system and will put savings to lift and wheels.

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
31 Ford-20 Ranger Lariat FX4- 19 Ranger Lariat 4x2
Occupation
retired mechanic
First issue is I wanted the super cab with 6’ bed. As a comparison one dealer in town had 38 super crew Rangers and only 2 super cabs (XL model). Very rare to find super cabs in the state and I even checked Arizona, Utah, and the LA California area.

Must have FX4
Must have keyless entry.

Lots of good looking colors for 2021 so I was very flexible there but ended up with carbonized grey. Cyber orange is beautiful but I thought years from now the flashy color might be a fad for me. Cactus grey was the color I would choose for a 4door Bronco but for a truck I figured I would have to explain my color choice of cactus grey to others. Carbonized grey works for me and was even suggested by the wife as a mans color for a mans truck.

The default on the B&P for a carbonized grey ranger with leather seats is black leather. I wanted a lighter interior so I ordered the stone leather. Better when it’s 115F outside every Summer and lighter color is easier is see inside the cab.

I can’t hear so good so the 10 speaker B&O sound system is not going to be a benefit to me so I don’t need the 501 tech package. I can spend the $2000 upgrade on a lift kit.

I don’t care for the navigation when Apple car play and google maps works great. So i saved on navigation a B&O sound system and will put savings to lift and wheels.
Joe, unless they made change for 2021 the B&O system does come in the super cab anyhow.

OP
OP
Megawatt

Megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unicycle.
Occupation
I make electricity
I would have no problem paying for a Lariat with every option available. I would only be spending about $2000 more than what my build will be if I did that. But I am in no hurry, I have multiple cars and motorcycles so I had the luxury of ordering exactly what I want To carry me into retirement.

So this is my first order for exactly what I want (and need).
yeah, I know I ordered a Lariat FX4 with 90% of the options available.

OP
OP
Megawatt

Megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unicycle.
Occupation
I make electricity
Joe, unless they made change for 2021 the B&O system does come in the super cab anyhow.
yes, if you order the 501A tech package. I ordered the 500 tech package. No B&O in the 500.

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired mechanic
yes, if you order the 501A tech package. I ordered the 500 tech package. No B&O in the 500.
For 19 and 20 models it lists it in the 501a package but its not. They gave me $500 because I complained about it. Bret

OP
OP
Megawatt

Megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unicycle.
Occupation
I make electricity
For 19 and 20 models it lists it in the 501a package but its not. They gave me $500 because I complained about it. Bret
ok. But this post is about a 2021 order. Don’t know why you want to talk about a 2020 order option. That’s a memory today that is not available in 2021.

E36FCCCF-7E1C-4381-8BCF-A3BA4FC5E44F.png

Here is the ford.com B&P that shows the B&O is part of the 501a package In 2021. I don’t need the B&O, I saved the $$ and will apply it for a Icon lift.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
It is kind of confusing. In the 2021 Build & Price Configurator on Ford's website there is no qualifier stating that the B&O system is available only on the SuperCrew 501A high package. When you scroll down to the Interior options, the B&O system shows as included. But If you configure a SuperCab Lariat w/501A, it's not there. It is also poorly worded in the Dealer Guide. To me it reads that the B&O is included on both, S/Cab and S/Crew, but only with 6 speakers in the S/Cab and 10 in the S/Crew.

Attachments

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired mechanic
ok. But this post is about a 2021 order. Don’t know why you want to talk about a 2020 order option. That’s a memory today that is not available in 2021.

Here is the ford.com B&P that shows the B&O is part of the 501a package In 2021. I don’t need the B&O, I saved the $$ and will apply it for a Icon lift.
Just to clarify for others who think th

Just to clarify for others who might expect it and not get it.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
when i went on the B+P, it seemed sketchy on a few fronts.
things werent jivving the way you would expect.

so all i can say, is i hope everyone who makes an order gets what they wanted and pays for what they get. I'm not convinced things are accurate at this point.
Hi RP,

I think there might be a Canadian to English/English to Canadian refinement needed, eh?

Walkman

First Name
Walker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT, wife’s car 2017 Edge Titanium
Occupation
Retired
Dealer told me no B&O in 2021 Supercab Lariat, no matter what package you order. Only available in super crew.

OP
OP
Megawatt

Megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unicycle.
Occupation
I make electricity
Just to clarify for others who think th

Just to clarify for others who might expect it and not get it.
Cheers cape. I’m tracking now. ?

Trustable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
If you dont mind me asking, how did you see the updates, was it on the ford website, or did your sales guy send stuff to ya? Just put my order in today and am trying to figure it out.

OP
OP
Megawatt

Megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unicycle.
Occupation
I make electricity
If you dont mind me asking, how did you see the updates, was it on the ford website, or did your sales guy send stuff to ya? Just put my order in today and am trying to figure it out.
1. You have to know your VIN
2. https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking#/

3. I get very good emails from the lady that did my ordering so she keeps me informed as updates come. But the linky is a customer interface.

Trustable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
1. You have to know your VIN
2. https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking#/

3. I get very good emails from the lady that did my ordering so she keeps me informed as updates come. But the linky is a customer interface.
Thanks! I'm assuming sales guy will send me my vin once ford accepts the order. He said he was gonna keep me updated on it all, but I'm kind of a weirdo about tracking things, so this is great news.
Sponsored