RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure the dealer can control the pickup of your truck from the rail yard. Mine sat at the rail yard for 8 days and the dealer said there was nothing they could do. They had no control over United Road's schedule for pickup. In fact, they have a customer who's truck has been waiting for pickup for the past two weeks. My truck was picked up even though it came in after their's. As far as I know, that truck is still sitting at the rail yard. :shock:
Yeah, I don't think they have any control over UR pickup schedule. I'd sure love to know where mine went for almost 24 hours - it was loaded one day, and took like 20 hours to go 30ish miles. All of the other deliveries for the dealer that I looked at took like 2-3 hours - mine took almost a day.

The "sitting and waiting" part of the transit was the hardest for me.
Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Focus ST 2018 F150 Lariat
Yeah, I don't think they have any control over UR pickup schedule. I'd sure love to know where mine went for almost 24 hours - it was loaded one day, and took like 20 hours to go 30ish miles. All of the other deliveries for the dealer that I looked at took like 2-3 hours - mine took almost a day.

The "sitting and waiting" part of the transit was the hardest for me.
I drive past a house every once in a while that has a semi full of new vehicles parked in front of it. Maybe your truck was loaded on a truck at the end of the day, the driver, who may live between the rail yard and the dealership, took his rig home for the night and finished the delivery the next morning.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That is certainly a possibility. It was loaded at like 6am - seemed like most of the deliveries were loaded in the middle of the night - but then were delivered early in the morning to the dealer - except for mine. :crackup:

Loaded 4/11/2019 6:02:43 AM
In Route 4/11/2019 9:02:45 AM
Delivered 4/12/2019 2:43:21 AM

I learned that you can't assume ANYTHING when it comes to delivery - you won't know when it gets there until it actually shows up at the dealer. I was all set to pick it up on Thursday, but it didn't arrive until Friday. And now I have to wait until tomorrow to pick it up. But somehow this waiting is easier than the rest of it was. I know it is there and I will get to see it tomorrow.

Ric

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
That is certainly a possibility. It was loaded at like 6am - seemed like most of the deliveries were loaded in the middle of the night - but then were delivered early in the morning to the dealer - except for mine. :crackup:

I learned that you can't assume ANYTHING when it comes to delivery - you won't know when it gets there until it actually shows up at the dealer. I was all set to pick it up on Thursday, but it didn't arrive until Friday. And now I have to wait until tomorrow to pick it up. But somehow this waiting is easier than the rest of it was. I know it is there and I will get to see it tomorrow.
I missed the way to track the truck pick up and delivery to the dealership. How do I do that? Thanks in advance.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Mason2019

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I ordered mine on 1/22/19 and it shows it as order processing still. The build date is scheduled for the week of 4/22 with delivery on 5/8. So it looks like the time lines for most of us match up around 3 to 4 months. Luckily I don't have to wait for rail car transport like some of you since I am in SE Michigan not far from the plant.

I work in the industry and we produce some of the parts at my work, namely the bash plate on the FX4 and the rumor is they are have some issues with getting parts for the higher level trims like the Lariat so they are taking longer to schedule and produce..

RIRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Vehicle Showcase

It will be like Christmas morning when you were a kid. Good Luck sleeping tonight! :clock::wink:

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It will be like Christmas morning when you were a kid. Good Luck sleeping tonight! :clock::wink:
I know, right? :crackup: Hopefully I will be able to sleep tonight, but I am having flashbacks to when I was 6 on Christmas Eve!
Sponsored

Reactions: Ric