Megawatts 2021 order

Frio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Good and bad news.......

Tracking site show May -17 delivery to dealer.
Dealer sends me factory proof Ranger made yesterday. So first thing is order delivery dates can be very conservative.

took a 18 hr road trip in Honda two time zones away. Short story is Honda had to be traded in for new Ranger in Texas right now to be able to drive home.

Bad news- new Lariat FX4 is black (not primary choice)

Good news - Excellent trade in on car for truck. Interest rate low at 2%. And I found only Lariat Scab in town. I searched 15 dealers from Ok to Tx. Only a total of two available.

More later
Wow, quite the change of events. Congrats on the new ride!
Sponsored

egilbe

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Somewhere between ME and AZ, depends on the season
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat with BAP, Tow and FX4
Occupation
Semi-retired, lazy bum/tramp, formerly Sys admin in a toxic work environment
Wow, quite the change of events. Congrats on the new ride!
So you special ordered a new Truck and bought one off the lot? If your truck is finished, it's waiting for transport to the dealer, could be anywhere from 4 days to two months.

OP
OP
Megawatt

Megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unicycle.
Occupation
I make electricity
So you special ordered a new Truck and bought one off the lot? If your truck is finished, it's waiting for transport to the dealer, could be anywhere from 4 days to two months.
I’m 1300 miles away from home and need a vehicle today to get home. The car that brought me here can not take me and my family home. My special order is waiting to get on a rail car at some time in the future that nobody knows when that will happen. What would you do?

I can’t wait 4 days to 60 to get my ride. So I am missing your point about my special order being 4-60 days away.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I’m 1300 miles away from home and need a vehicle today to get home. The car that brought me here can not take me and my family home. My special order is waiting to get on a rail car at some time in the future that nobody knows when that will happen. What would you do?

I can’t wait 4 days to 60 to get my ride. So I am missing your point about my special order being 4-60 days away.
Hi Joe,

I am of the opinion that you do what you have to do. I have always told my wife that we make the best decision we can with the Data we have in hand. If it shows we did not make the best decision, no regrets as we do not operate on speculation. Been burned by speculating on events only to be proved wrong...So make the best decision you can with the information you have on hand...you done well, JMO!

best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Sheepdog

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger SuperCrew 4x2 XL
Occupation
Retired police officer
After a LOT of searching, we thought we were going to have to order one too, but two days ago, we tripped over a unicorn only about 90 miles away.

OP
OP
Megawatt

Megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unicycle.
Occupation
I make electricity
After a LOT of searching, we thought we were going to have to order one too, but two days ago, we tripped over a unicorn only about 90 miles away.
sweet! I have been enjoying my Lariat.

Very impressed with what the engineers have done. I figured 10th gear would rarely be used. 83mph cruise control, 2% uphill grade and 15-20 mph wind hitting at 2 o’clock direction and the truck didn’t drop a gear. And was getting 18.2gpm. Coming from a wrangler that got 16mpg, has me smiling.
Sponsored