First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unicycle.
Occupation
I make electricity
Thanks! I'm assuming sales guy will send me my vin once ford accepts the order. He said he was gonna keep me updated on it all, but I'm kind of a weirdo about tracking things, so this is great news.
Cool, we can compare build to delivery times since they are only a couple weeks apart. I just wanted to get mine out of the way before the Broncos go into full production since they are built at the same plant. I get the feeling they will put more emphasis on the more profitable Bronco after April And slow down Ranger output.
Sponsored

Trustable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Cool, we can compare build to delivery times since they are only a couple weeks apart. I just wanted to get mine out of the way before the Broncos go into full production since they are built at the same plant. I get the feeling they will put more emphasis on the more profitable Bronco after April And slow down Ranger output.
Yup! Exactly why I wanted to get mine in asap. Before they build the black diamond I was gonna get lol. Once I hear from sales guy tommorow or next week I'll probably put together a thread of my build, not really planning anything huge for it though. Just some accessories. Im following this thread though so I can see when you get yours. You gonna put a level and bigger tires on it?

OP
OP
Megawatt

Megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unicycle.
Occupation
I make electricity
..... You gonna put a level and bigger tires on it?
I modify most of what I own, eventually. I will wait three months to make sure this truck has no issues or quirks that might prevent long term ownership before putting $$ into it.

I will not go bigger than 33” tires Because it will stay 3.73 gears.

2.5 shocks and lift only a couple inches.

Shockworks rock sliders already ordered.

Trustable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
I modify most of what I own, eventually. I will wait three months to make sure this truck has no issues or quirks that might prevent long term ownership before putting $$ into it.

I will not go bigger than 33” tires Because it will stay 3.73 gears.

2.5 shocks and lift only a couple inches.

Shockworks rock sliders already ordered.
I was definitely looking into those rock sliders, but having never drilled into a vehicle frame before, it makes me nervous. Excited to see how yours turns out, since it seems I'll eventually have those modifications.

OP
OP
Megawatt

Megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unicycle.
Occupation
I make electricity
@Megawatt, mind if I tag along in this thread? I ordered Feb 17 and am still waiting for a VIN. Figured I could add another data point with tracking a recent order, along with @Trustable's
No problem at all. Be interesting if model type has any bearing on build day. I read on Bronco forum from a line worker at MAP that what comes down the line is not always the same.

I always thought there would be a day of common models ie, 40 black XLT 4 doors built after another to keep parts the same for easier building commonality.

That guy said it’s common to see different configurations, doors, color etc built one after another. More to do about parts availability and less about paint color or trim.

OP
OP
Megawatt

Megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unicycle.
Occupation
I make electricity
I was definitely looking into those rock sliders, but having never drilled into a vehicle frame before, it makes me nervous. Excited to see how yours turns out, since it seems I'll eventually have those modifications.
My understanding is only one new hole needed on only one rail. And it can be after the slider is bolted down because the other bolts will hold the slider in place. One hole on the bottom of the frame, then bolt it up and all done.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Congratulations Joe, it sounds like a very nice Ranger you have ordered. Like you I wanted a SuperCab, and I had the same problem. There just wasn't any the way I wanted, and they were few and far between also. So I just ordered what I wanted. Took 13 long weeks to get it on the lot, but it was well worth the wait.

Frio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
I read on Bronco forum from a line worker at MAP that what comes down the line is not always the same.

I always thought there would be a day of common models ie, 40 black XLT 4 doors built after another to keep parts the same for easier building commonality.

That guy said it’s common to see different configurations, doors, color etc built one after another. More to do about parts availability and less about paint color or trim.
Yeah, I always thought petty much the same. Really is an impressive feat of logistics when put in those terms.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
No problem at all. Be interesting if model type has any bearing on build day. I read on Bronco forum from a line worker at MAP that what comes down the line is not always the same.

Hi Joe

Nope.... mixed bag on the line unless there is a special batch build, like National Park Service and you see all the Kelly Green trucks all over the place...all the same.

Otherwise they are a mixed bag of wheel bases, engines, trans etc and cab style....Not so much for Ranger with the powertrain and only two cab configurations...

best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

OP
OP
Megawatt

Megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unicycle.
Occupation
I make electricity
Vehicle order tracking website now has

“Welcome!
Your 2021 Ranger LARIAT is estimated to be delivered to Ford Country. in 51 days.”

That would be about 75 days from order to on the lot timeframe for 2021.

Post #1 updated timeline

Last edited:

Frio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
I'm about two and a half weeks from ordering (Feb17) and still no VIN. Was really hoping to take delivery by the end of April but not looking so good.

Congrats on getting this far!

OP
OP
Megawatt

Megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unicycle.
Occupation
I make electricity
I'm about two and a half weeks from ordering (Feb17) and still no VIN. Was really hoping to take delivery by the end of April but not looking so good.

Congrats on getting this far!
My VIN had to come my dealer email. I still never received VIN info from Ford directly. But now that I have VIN I can see updates online and not have to bother dealership as often.

Frio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
My VIN had to come my dealer email. I still never received VIN info from Ford directly. But now that I have VIN I can see updates online and not have to bother dealership as often.
Yeah, I've been in touch with my sales person who said he'd check daily. I'll be touching base again Monday to make sure he's still on it.

Trustable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Nice! Sales guy said I probably wouldnt get a vin for 2 weeks after order, so one more week. Ill be emailing him this week regardless about it.
Sponsored