Frio's 2021 custom order

Frio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Was tagging along in @Megawatt's order thread but since his plans have changed a little figured I'd start my own.

Went to a nearby CVS for the first Covid shot a couple hours ago which is right up the road from the dealer. Stopped by and they were able to provide the build date. It's a bit disappointing.

Ordered placed 2/17/2021
VIN received 03/20/2021 (probably issued earlier in the week)
Build date 04/26/2021 (This might be the build week, not entirely sure yet.)

I was really hoping to be a little further along as I have some family coming into town at the end of April. Oh well. The stalking will continue for a while longer I suppose.
Sponsored

Dr.Me

First Name
Daven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
You just have to be patient. It will get here after many agonizing weeks..... Who am I kidding, I couldn't wait for my order and went and found and bought one off the lot. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
I pretty much did the same, when I saw the ETA(6 months) it was a no brainer, went to 3 dealerships until I found exactly what I wanted. Ironically it was at the first dealership I went to, but they didn't log it into their inventory, was hiding way back in the lot.

OP
OP
Frio

Frio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
As hard as it is I'll be sticking it out and waiting. :facepalm:

I'm not getting anything special. Lariat 2WD tech and tow package. Just couldn't find one in the color I wanted. There were some that almost matched these specs but decided not to settle, hence the wait. Been here before and it's never easy.

Megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unicycle.
Occupation
I make electricity
Did you order the bed liner? That will add a couple days.

OP
OP
Frio

Frio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Did you order the bed liner? That will add a couple days.
I did not. Actually the closest we could find had the factory bed liner and I declined it for that reason. Not willing to pay for it without any kind of warranty and the dealer wasn't moving any more. Thanks to this forum I was aware of the warranty delete on the liner. This one also also had the OEM running boards but that wasn't a show stopper. Linex and after market steppers are the plan.

Sheepdog

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger SuperCrew 4x2 XL
Occupation
Retired police officer
Dang, my Porsche convertible arrived about six weeks or so after I ordered it, and it was coming from Stuttgart Germany...

Last edited:
OP
OP
Frio

Frio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
OP
OP
Frio

Frio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
First delay added...

Ordered placed 2/17/2021
DELAYED - Build date 04/26/2021 (This might be the build week, not entirely sure yet.)
Build date 04/28/2021

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
First delay added...

Ordered placed 2/17/2021
DELAYED - Build date 04/26/2021 (This might be the build week, not entirely sure yet.)
Build date 04/28/2021
Sounds like they assigned you an actual date now where the first one was the build week. You shouldn't have to worry about the chip shortages with your build date so close.

OP
OP
Frio

Frio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Sounds like they assigned you an actual date now where the first one was the build week. You shouldn't have to worry about the chip shortages with your build date so close.
Good point. Didn't think of it that way initially but makes sense. Sure hope you're correct on the chip shortage.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Good point. Didn't think of it that way initially but makes sense. Sure hope you're correct on the chip shortage.
I've been reading a lot of post about the chip shortage over on the Bronco forum. While nothing's guaranteed I would think your build date would've been pushed out further if the chips were the reason. Just speculating of course but they have already cut production of the F150, their biggest money maker. I would think yours would've been delayed before those? ?‍♂ Hopefully you made the cut off point. I think us with Bronco orders are going to see more delays which will push some to cancel their orders.

OP
OP
Frio

Frio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
The window sticker came available this morning so I'm going to assume the scheduled build date will hold. ?

Ordered placed 2/17/2021
DELAYED - Scheduled build date 04/26/2021 (This might be the build week, not entirely sure yet.)
Scheduled build date 04/28/2021
Window sticker available 04/21/2021

Ranger Tremor

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Tremor
I did not. Actually the closest we could find had the factory bed liner and I declined it for that reason. Not willing to pay for it without any kind of warranty and the dealer wasn't moving any more. Thanks to this forum I was aware of the warranty delete on the liner. This one also also had the OEM running boards but that wasn't a show stopper. Linex and after market steppers are the plan.
Can you elaborate on the warranty delete for the liner? Or link the thread you read about it in. Thanks!

OP
OP
Frio

Frio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Can you elaborate on the warranty delete for the liner? Or link the thread you read about it in. Thanks!
Can't remember which thread I first read about this but it got my attention enough to ask the dealership I was working with to confirm. The manager there did just that saying there was no warranty on the factory spray in bed liner.
Sponsored