rltriumph

First Name
Bob
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Pipefitter
I got ahold of a sales manager on phone, and request assistance from a fleet inventory manager (per some of your recommendations).
They are putting together a contract tonight/tomorrow, after giving me an initial MSRP quote.

1) If I have an X-plan PIN, should I mention this before the contract is sent out, or after it's sent out? Or does it not matter?
(There are a few options on where to get the PIN from, including from a friend who currently works at Ford, and another generous source)

2) On these forums people have suggested avoiding the first 500-600 vehicles of a new model. Given the covid shutdown, would you treat the situation the same as a new model, and wait a bit to order 2021? Or (in your opinion) fine to get an early vehicle? I have the option of ordering tomorrow for the first batch of 2021s.

3) For anyone else considering Costco Auto: they replied that they haven't certified 2021 Ranger yet, and probably won't until early 2021. So I wasn't able to continue with Costco; they were responsive, though.
The first 500-600 would be for a vehicle built in a plant that had a complete retool. The ranger line was retooled prior to the ‘19 model year. Any work being done between model years now will be strictly for maintenance. When a plant is retooled the time frame is short. The subcontractors who design and build the lines with everything involved (robots, cooling lines for tooling and the protective cages) are built offsite and completely disassembled, transported to the assembly plant and put together in a matter of weeks. The lines were run offsite to set up everything and they actually produce a fair amount of vehicles. Some are press vehicles some are display’s and a bunch go right from the temp assembly right to the rail yard.

Lost19Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 PKG
Occupation
Sales
If your in willing to drive to the Central Valley, I worked at big valley Ford for 6+ years. I’m still great friends with the owner and all sales managers plus I’ve bought my last 4 Ford there.
Let me know if you need someone there I’ll be happy to get you in contact with someone that is happy to earn your business.

JimJa

First Name
Jim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger Lariat, '18 Focus RS, '17 Escape Titanium
This is pretty well known, but just in case...

Every Ford dealer can check the availability of any Ford vehicle that has not sold. Its physical location, and the options on that vehicle are available to your dealer. He just has to bring it up on his computer. If you are interested in an 2021 this is a good way to go. Be advised, the ordering dealer retains the "hold back" so your dealer may not offer as good a deal as you'd like -- and your dealer has to go and get the vehicle (or perhaps you can) or have it shipped.

A vehicle remains on this list until money changes hands. The dealer may have a down payment so the vehicle may not be available.

I did this with my '18 RS. Production had stopped and within 30 seconds my dealer found the closest one which was 300 miles away. This one was in WI, but he also found one in Chicago and another in St. Louis, both of which he deemed were too far away. I wasn't charged for the truck to get it.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
1) good news !

2) at this stage in the model run I wouldn't be concerned. More importantly, the last 9 months or so have reinforced my belief in that old maxim, "do it while you can". None of us know whats around the corner.

Enjoy your new Ranger !
Amen!:oops:

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement