Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FX4 (RIP), 21 Tremor, 20 Edge ST, Couple HD's
Occupation
Trophy Husband / "Sanitation Worker" / Army Vet
Update:
Called the shop last night because I still haven't heard anything, but they couldnt give me any information. ?

.... woke up to this text message...

So I'm guessing this means they're not totalling her.

Screenshot_20230510_105929_Chrome.jpg

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Update:
Called the shop last night because I still haven't heard anything, but they couldnt give me any information. ?

They have a threshold they use to determine the value to loss ratio. Yours is definitely under it and they feel there won't be many supplements that could drive up the costs. Just for reference mine was just over $24,000 in damages but it was also older (2019) than yours so I was right under the limit. My total loss adjuster said I was $2,000 under but he knew there was going to be several very expensive supplements so totaling it was the right thing to do. I'd try and call them again and have them give you a breakdown so you know exactly what's being done. Hopefully all the parts are available and you're not without it to much longer.

OP
OP
LT Dangle

LT Dangle

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Update:

Screenshot_20230510_105929_Chrome.jpg

So.... spoke with the owner of the body shop. The quote is including a full frame replacement... which will take him 3 weeks to get. The bed and tailgate are on "indefinite backorder". He said even if he had all the parts now, in house, it's at least a 3-4 week repair.

So he's waiting on the insurance company to make a decision about what they're going to do.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
So.... spoke with the owner of the body shop. The quote is including a full frame replacement... which will take him 3 weeks to get. The bed and tailgate are on "indefinite backorder". He said even if he had all the parts now, in house, it's at least a 3-4 week repair.

So he's waiting on the insurance company to make a decision about what they're going to do.
I know mine said one thing they took into consideration was the length of time it could take to get parts. Maybe they'll end up totaling it if they think it could take to long.

To bad I didn't take my tailgate off you could've had it. Besides the hood it was the only good part left on the truck. ?

OP
OP
LT Dangle

LT Dangle

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I know mine said one thing they took into consideration was the length of time it could take to get parts. Maybe they'll end up totaling it if they think it could take to long.

To bad I didn't take my tailgate off you could've had it. Besides the hood it was the only good part left on the truck. ?

That's exactly what he said. The length of time to get the parts and complete the repair is likely going to be too long for them to want to pay. But we'll see what happens.

JasonTremor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor XLT
Rental costs for a car will add anywhere from 1500 to 2000 to that in a best case scenario. Indefinite backorder on parts would likely make that more.

JasonTremor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor XLT
Maybe go ahead and drop a hint about pursuing a diminished value claim if they intend to fix it. That would add at least 5k to the payout total for insurance I would think.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Maybe go ahead and drop a hint about pursuing a diminished value claim if they intend to fix it. That would add at least 5k to the payout total for insurance I would think.
IIRC you can only go after diminished value if it's fixed. I asked about this because was worried if they repaired mine it would now be worth a lot less because of the Carfax report on it. I was planning on trading it in for a Raptor and at the time my most recent Carvana quote was almost $34K.

OP
OP
LT Dangle

LT Dangle

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
UPDATE:

It only took three weeks and several phone calls, but I was just told theyre finally going to deem my baby a total loss. 😭😭😭😭

No numbers yet, but I guess it's time to start really shopping around. 😒

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
UPDATE:

It only took three weeks and several phone calls, but I was just told theyre finally going to deem my baby a total loss. 😭😭😭😭

No numbers yet, but I guess it's time to start really shopping around. 😒
Well, on the bright side you don't have to worry about getting it back and it not being done right. I think in the end for the piece of mind it's better this way. As much as I loved my '19 Saber I didn't want it back after being hit like that. Hopefully you can find something close by but if not I have a good transporter (based in FL) I used for my Jeep. are you looking for another Lariat? I can look through my bookmarks to see if the ones I saved are still available. Several were on the east coast too.

OP
OP
LT Dangle

LT Dangle

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Well, on the bright side you don't have to worry about getting it back and it not being done right. I think in the end for the piece of mind it's better this way. As much as I loved my '19 Saber I didn't want it back after being hit like that. Hopefully you can find something close by but if not I have a good transporter (based in FL) I used for my Jeep. are you looking for another Lariat? I can look through my bookmarks to see if the ones I saved are still available. Several were on the east coast too.
Well..... It just so happens that a dealer not far from me has a white 501a Tremor incoming from the factory. So I'll have to give them a call and see what they say. (1st choice)
To say that I'm uneasy about doing a long distance deal would definitely be an understatment. (3rd choice)
A friend has very good connections with a chevy dealer by me who (allegedly) will give me a good deal on one of the new Colorados. (Although, I also hate the notion of buying the first year of any new/redesigned model) On paper, it does seem quite nice and I have had positive experience with GMs in the past. (2nd choice)

Idk what I'm going to do yet.. still pulling my eyebrows out one at a time 🤬🤬🤬😖😖
Sponsored