First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Whitewater Rafting Guide
I really dont want to have to get a new truck but I seem to have a bit of a unicorn at the moment (Lariat, 501A, FX4). Ive started doing some searching just in case, but it seems most dealers who have rangers within 100 miles of me are all XL or XLT's.
When I bought my Ranger a month and a half ago there weren’t any Lariat’s at my local dealer. I expanded my search a bit and found the truck I wanted (also a Lariat, 501A, and FX4, with the Jungle Splash Edition as well in my case) up in Salt Lake. I would have driven up to buy it if I had to, but my local dealer was able to work a trade with the other dealership and had the truck down here two days later.

Glad everyone came through OK.
Sponsored

Milton Lee

First Name
Milton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Lariat 4X2
Occupation
Retired USN F14 Tomcat fixer
No, you will be amazed at the toughness of these trucks. So glad you and your wife are ok, but I have a friendwas rear ended and $20,00.
I am glad a
My tablet is giving me a fit today. I'm trying to say, I'm glad you and your wife are ok. I have a friend who were rear ended while waiting at a crosswalk, they were at a dead stop when struck, over $25,000.00 in damage and the insurance paid for the repair. They cut the bed and rear off the frame off and replaced it, like new and it is good as new. He still drives it to this day, just wanted to give you some hope. Good luck with it.

Muffin1

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silver STX 4X4 SC
It's a amazing how vehicles after a crash that doesn't appear to bad from the outside become 'throw away' vehicles
Could be replacement parts cost, labor etc. and/or the Ins Co's are to easy to throw in the towel i know a lot of variables but what a shame your truck doesn't look like a total at first glance,
best to ya.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
It's a amazing how vehicles after a crash that doesn't appear to bad from the outside become 'throw away' vehicles
Could be replacement parts cost, labor etc. and/or the Ins Co's are to easy to throw in the towel i know a lot of variables but what a shame your truck doesn't look like a total at first glance,
best to ya.
Part of it is how the vehicles are designed/built to protect us. They are designed to absorb, disapate the crash energy away and around us. The vehicle literally gives up its life to protect us.

Even though the damage doesn't appear great there is small structural damage all over. Even with a rear impact there maybe damage in the front section because the forces were diverted around the passenger compartment.

The reason you walk away with barely a stiff neck is because the truck did its job.

Muffin1

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silver STX 4X4 SC
yea good explanation makes sense, just kinda hard to look at a vehicle that s totaled when 80% of it still looks fine,
So more vehicles totaled in the junkyard is better than more people totaled in
the graveyard, that's a good tradeoff.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
best to ya.
One other thing to add the Lee's post is the high cost of parts and the constraints right now. Mine was actually $2K under their threshold they use to determine it a total loss. My loss adjuster told me that he knew there would be several additional supplements with mine which would've easily added up to thousands more. He also said that with many parts still scarce they don't want a vehicle sitting around for months on end while they're paying out for a rental too.

OP
OP
LT Dangle

LT Dangle

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FX4 (RIP), 21 Tremor, 20 Edge ST, Couple HD's
Occupation
Trophy Husband / "Sanitation Worker" / Army Vet
Part of it is how the vehicles are designed/built to protect us. They are designed to absorb, disapate the crash energy away and around us. The vehicle literally gives up its life to protect us.

Even though the damage doesn't appear great there is small structural damage all over. Even with a rear impact there maybe damage in the front section because the forces were diverted around the passenger compartment.

The reason you walk away with barely a stiff neck is because the truck did its job.

you arent kidding, it felt more like a hard bump then a "crash". I didnt think it was anywhere near as bad until I got out and saw the other car.

UPDATE:
I met with the owner of the shop last night. He took one look at the truck and then the two photos of the suspension (post 1) and made a bit of a face... *sigh* ...but wouldnt give me much more than "well know for sure after a more in depth look". So I brought her home and cleaned out all my stuff and most all of my add-ons, fearing the inevitable. She was dropped back off this morning for a full estimate. I'll keep you all posted.

***dont worry everyone, despite the tailgate damage, no dampers were harmed during this accident***

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
you arent kidding, it felt more like a hard bump then a "crash". I didnt think it was anywhere near as bad until I got out and saw the other car.

UPDATE:
I met with the owner of the shop last night. He took one look at the truck and then the two photos of the suspension (post 1) and made a bit of a face... *sigh* ...but wouldnt give me much more than "well know for sure after a more in depth look". So I brought her home and cleaned out all my stuff and most all of my add-ons, fearing the inevitable. She was dropped back off this morning for a full estimate. I'll keep you all posted.
Glad you were able to get it in there and have them start looking at it quickly. Mine took almost 2 weeks before they could dig into it. Just the initial walk through (they had looked at it the day before) he was already up to just over $12K in damages. Once they got the bed off and put it on the lift it was closer to $25K.

***dont worry everyone, despite the tailgate damage, no dampers were harmed during this accident***
:whew:Oh thank God! Now I'll be able to sleep tonight knowing 2 dampers (mine and yours) survived a crash.:giggle:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Dude, I feel for you. It totally sucks. Going through my crap now. ?
Darn, sorry to hear about yours too. Well they say things happen in 3's so here's hoping no one else here has any accidents for the rest of '23.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Thanks ?
It's seriously been a rough month for me.
Trust me I understand! Mine happened on 4/4/23 and I'm still dealing with it. If you don't mind me asking what happened? I understand if you don't want to mention/talk about it. Hopefully yours is resolved soon because it is A LOT of added stress. Good luck!

Edit: I just saw your thread. :frown:

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
I still remember last year when I had my run in with the cow..... Thanks to the service provider State Farm was using at the time(and still is) was causing issues where the tow company was not getting paid and the tow company would not stop calling me........

Once an individual in the insurance office realized they got it handled and that was the last straw for my Ranger. Still unfortunate that I don't have it, but I have been enjoying no vehicle payments for the last year

OP
OP
LT Dangle

LT Dangle

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FX4 (RIP), 21 Tremor, 20 Edge ST, Couple HD's
Occupation
Trophy Husband / "Sanitation Worker" / Army Vet
going through another post and Dave reminded me that I should be thinking about factory parts I may want to grab if I have to let her go. I have a 2021..... what should I be swiping??

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
I am also glad to hear that everyone is OK.

My old Rangers seemed to attract rear end collisions. I even added a hitch-mount brake light and it still got hit. I had the theory that the higher tail/brake lights were not in the line of sight of some drivers. I think that some people drive like they walk, staring at the ground a few feet ahead of them. :frown:

Greg
Or looking at their damn phones!!!!!!!
Sponsored