First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
You can get the manual in the Off Road or Pro model as well, though it's apparently pretty rare.
No manual transmission is available in an Access Cab, except in the Sport.
Sponsored

Last edited:

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
All good stuff but should Toyota Execs bother to read this thread they would probably have a good laugh as sales nos is where the rubber meets the road or what really matters and the Ranger has a long way to go before they are even halfway to the Taco sales figures. And maybe Toyota is planning to go turbo on the Taco like they are doing with the Tundra, so an updated powertrain could be in the works. as an ex sales professional it's the numbers that matter and from a corporate perspective the profit margin - likely Taco is a cash cow with dated power train, cramped interior, drum brakes but at the top of the mid truck sales heap by a wide margin.
Well, that's relevant mostly if you're buying a truck based on "what is best for profits at toyota". If you're buying a truck for you, who GAF if the toyota execs are happy with the money they're making?

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
Well, that's relevant mostly if you're buying a truck based on "what is best for profits at toyota". If you're buying a truck for you, who GAF if the toyota execs are happy with the money they're making?
Well have worked sales and sales mgmt for many yrs - just giving another perspective, in the high tech space yrs back used to be as saying "no one gets fired for buying IBM" so Toyota continues to sell a lot of Tacomas, despite a dated design, take my word for it that's a position a lot of companies would love to be in. So I for one care that Toyota execs are happy, maybe they even get big bonuses for a masterful job at marketing. I was just out in my Ranger and saw 2 brand new Tacos, temp plates and all and the owners looked to be very happy. Good for them.

Calmdown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 tri-pearl white
Occupation
IT Technician
hardly would call my post preaching.
You seem to have some issues with taking alliteration as a literal statement.

When I say "whatever snaps your strap-on" that's an alliterative statement and not a literal one. Think "if that's what works for ya."

When I say "warrant the pulpit you're preaching from", that's an alliterative statement and not a literal one. Think "don't be a hypocrite."

But looking back at the whole "Die off" and "don't teach this ignorance"... yeah, that sounds a whole lot more Southern Baptist and a whole lot less Episcopalian so maybe the alliteration has potential to be more literal than originally intended.

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
Reminds me of A Few Good Men...to wit for myself:

I'm an educated man, but I'm afraid I can't speak intelligently about consonants...:angel:

Calmdown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 tri-pearl white
Occupation
IT Technician
whatever the fuck you said. i don't have a dictionary nor do i have a thesaurus. keep baffling me with your big words i don't give a shit.
the term used before was utter rubbish and has no place in todays society. anymore, nor should it ever.
when other nasty words upset me, i'll be sure to point them out too. and you can come back with this big words again. I dont care.
Man, I way over-estimated your conversational capabilities.

Here, let me explain this to you with crayons.

LOTS WORDS USED THEN BAD NOW. LOTS WORDS USED NOW BAD LATER.

IF YOU WANT SAY BAD WORDS BAD NOW, JUST MAKE SURE YOU USE BIG BRAIN THING AND NOT USE WORDS THAT BAD LATER OK?

Basically don't be a fucking hypocrite and use language that singles anyone out. Because what you think is alright today may just be the "don't spread such ignorance" getting tossed in your face a few times around the sun.

It's not complicated. Have a good day, shithead.

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
Man, I way over-estimated your conversational capabilities.

Here, let me explain this to you with crayons.

LOTS WORDS USED THEN BAD NOW. LOTS WORDS USED NOW BAD LATER.

IF YOU WANT SAY BAD WORDS BAD NOW, JUST MAKE SURE YOU USE BIG BRAIN THING AND NOT USE WORDS THAT BAD LATER OK?
I think you misspelled 'IT' in your occupation, it's A$$

F150stxguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Because of my profession, I'm a hands on, prove it to me with facts and data kind of person. When shopping for a truck, I test drove a Tacoma, Colorado, Ranger, and Frontier. From a personal perspective, the Nissan felt cramped, cheap, and "plasticy". The Tacoma, because of it's flat floor, felt like I was driving in a county fair bumper car. Extremely uncomfortable. The Ranger and the Colorado were both extremely comfortable, rode and drove nice, and while both interiors won't be winning any awards for craftsmanship, both had decent interiors and option packages. At this point it was Ford and Chevy/GMC tied for 1 with Toyota and Nissan at the end of the bench.

Now the facts: STANDARD The Ranger tows more, hauls more, gets better fuel mileage, and, not that speed matters but is flat out quicker than either the Toyota or Nissan and felt quicker than the Chevy. Only the Colorado/Canyon are pretty damned close to the Ranger with regard to the above specs. For me, the difference was in the crash test results between the Colorado and the Ranger. The offset drivers crash tests were identical between the two. The passenger offset crash tests however, were not. The Chevy earned very low marks for "massive trauma to both passenger lower legs in the event of an offset impact". That was the deal breaker. I bought the Ranger because it was a better engineered truck, best equipped for what we use trucks for. Period.

I've heard most of the Tacoma owners' arguements as to why their truck is the best. After everything is shot down, they ususally attempt a hail Mary with "yeah, but, the Tacoma has better resale value". My response varies from "It's not a Ferrari, I didn't buy my truck as an investment, I bought it to use it" to "Huh...there must be a whole lotta dumb-asses willing to overspend for a sub-par used truck." Besides, it's kinda hard to take a vehicle seriously when the name of their performance division is a homophone of excrement. Marketing fail...
Agreed. If I couldn’t get a Ranger my next choice would be the Colorado.

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
hey not to hijack the thread but has anyone seen the latest Toyota commercial showing I think a Tundra, Tacoma and 4runner driving in a circle stirring up dust ? Wondering if the Tundra is a 2022, if so the new front end seems to look ok, they have a female driving the Tacoma or 4Runner or maybe both, I think that's clever of Toyota, if it's the Tacoma the seating position is perhaps more comfortable for the fairer sex ?

ppfd

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tremor
Occupation
RN/Paramedic
Bought an '09 Tacoma back in '12 or '13. Wanted to try one and wanted a manual transmission. Found a good deal on the about at a dealer.
I had more recalls on that Tacoma than I ever had on any Ford I owned. Gas milage was horrible 16-18 mpg in a v6. I average 19-20 in my present 5.0 crew cab f150.
Rust on the frame even though Toyota says they fixed that major issue.
Uncomfortable ride after a few hours, not to mention you feel like your sitting on the floor.
The truck just sounded 'hollow" Closing the doors felt like closing the screen door on your house, just thin feeling.
I will say until they changed to that gutless car engine, the 4.0 was a breeze to work on and the oil filter location was the best I have ever seen. Right on top of the engine.

I almost bought an '18 as I like a manual trans.

Tacoma owners are almost like a cult, and that whole ReSaLe and lasting a million miles, yawn.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
You seem to have some issues with taking alliteration as a literal statement.

When I say "whatever snaps your strap-on" that's an alliterative statement and not a literal one. Think "if that's what works for ya."

When I say "warrant the pulpit you're preaching from", that's an alliterative statement and not a literal one. Think "don't be a hypocrite."

But looking back at the whole "Die off" and "don't teach this ignorance"... yeah, that sounds a whole lot more Southern Baptist and a whole lot less Episcopalian so maybe the alliteration has potential to be more literal than originally intended.
I never met an IT guy.... that wasn't just like this guy ^^^^^

Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.