Former Tacoma Owners Club

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, 2023 Escape PHEV
Now if they did a hybrid version that got 30+ MPG (4x4) that might be compelling.....
Especially if that hybrid Ranger had serious 120 volt outlets that could be used to supply power for your house during a power outage.
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I just about fell out of my chair when I saw this. I paid way less for my 2011. Mine is in good shape too and it had 76k miles when I purchased it back in March.

They gave me $31,435.00 for my 2016 trade. Obviously they play with the numbers but I don't care how they show it just what's the bottom line. A couple days later I noticed they had it for sale at $31,600.00,checked their web site 2 weeks after and it was gone. When I go by there next time I'm going ask my sales guy what they got for it but either way someone over payed!

JimG_AZ

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4
They gave me $31,435.00 for my 2016 trade. Obviously they play with the numbers but I don't care how they show it just what's the bottom line. A couple days later I noticed they had it for sale at $31,600.00,checked their web site 2 weeks after and it was gone. When I go by there next time I'm going ask my sales guy what they got for it but either way someone over payed!
I absolutely agree with you that they play with the numbers on a trade. They obviously had less in it than the $31,435 they offered you for it. Back in March, after the insurance company declared my Mustang was a total loss, I visited both Bell Road Toyota a Right Toyota about purchasing a 2019 Tacoma, 4x4, double cab, v6, auto, TRD Sport. I just dug up the final offer that Bell Road Toyota sent me where they would sell the Taco for $34,487 + TTL.

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SOLD. 2005 S2000
Occupation
Accountant
I got $36k for my '17 Tacoma TRD Pro when I traded it in on my Ranger. Got the Ranger for $41k. The Ford dealer put my old Tacoma on their lot for $40,999. It was there for a couple months and finally disappeared so I don't know if they sold it to some sorry sucker or if they sold it at auction. It had a whole bunch of problems though.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I got $36k for my '17 Tacoma TRD Pro when I traded it in on my Ranger. Got the Ranger for $41k. The Ford dealer put my old Tacoma on their lot for $40,999. It was there for a couple months and finally disappeared so I don't know if they sold it to some sorry sucker or if they sold it at auction. It had a whole bunch of problems though.
Wow - and people complain the Rangers are overpriced. 41 grand for a (basically) 3 year old mid sized truck. That is truly nuts.

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Accountant
Wow - and people complain the Rangers are overpriced. 41 grand for a (basically) 3 year old mid sized truck. That is truly nuts.
Yep exactly. With 26,000 miles on it, they were asking $2k less than MSRP when it was brand new. Had squeaky brakes, worn out driver's seat, derpy shifting and an Entune system that liked to randomly reboot.

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SCrew Ranger XLT, FX4, Hot Pepper Red, Tow PKG, Chrome Appearance PKG, Technology PKG
Occupation
Cyber Junk
I had a 2001 TACO TURD extended cab back in 2006-9, came lifted 2-3" with 33" wheels, 60k-ish miles. I ended up having to replace both front wheel hubs/bearings and the carrier bearing on the drive-line, the strut mounts were toast and the K&N filter ruined the MAF sensor that ruined the catalytic converters. I can't say that any of the issues were relative to Toyota because of the lift and mods by the previous owner. When it got stolen, I really hoped that they wouldn't find it.... Well they didn't, at least for about a year until someone was caught driving it in good ole Mexico. It was a money pit for me.

I rented a base level Taco 4 banger automatic earlier this year and it was terrible. I've driven older 4 cylinder tacos with manual and don't recall them feeling like a rigid oversized toy with no power. Most of the time I rent full sized trucks when traveling for work all over the country, Ford and Ram with National. The ranger is so much better sized for my life at home. I quite enjoy Twin Turbo 3.5 while renting.

Roofhopper

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
HVAC Service Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve seen a ton of Tacos in my rear view since getting the new Ranger :sunglasses:

Ranger Danger

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger FX-4 Off-Road BLK PKG Cactus Gray
Occupation
Stay at home puppy daddy
2020- Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Horsepower 265 hp
Torque 265 lb-ft
Towing Capacity 6,400 pounds

Angle of Approach 32 Degrees
Angle of Departure 23.5 Degrees
Ramp Breakover Angle 21 Degrees
Ground Clearance 9.4 Inches

2019- Ford Ranger 4x4
Horsepower 270 hp
Torque 310 lb-ft
Towing Capacity 7,500 pounds

Angle of Approach 28.7 Degrees
Angle of Departure 25.4 Degrees
Ramp Breakover Angle 21.5 Degrees
Ground Clearance 8.9 Inches

STATS found here for a direct comparison:
https://www.cjponyparts.com/resources/ranger-vs-tacoma

Ranger Danger

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Stay at home puppy daddy
I'm just gonna say, after dealing with the child nonsense over on TW ..."The Toyota Tacoma has become something of an institution." you can say that again! :clap:

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Accountant
I'm just gonna say, after dealing with the child nonsense over on TW ..."The Toyota Tacoma has become something of an institution." you can say that again! :clap:
That Tacoma forum is easily the worst forum I have been a part of in all my years of internetting. Seems crazy but it is totally true.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
That Tacoma forum is easily the worst forum I have been a part of in all my years of internetting. Seems crazy but it is totally true.
I'd have to say it ranks very high as one of the worst forums I've been part of. Believe it or not my local gun forum back east was worse. I honestly don't think there are any Mods there and if there are they're just as bad. Lucky for us we no longer have to deal with that insane asylum anymore. :puke::crazy:

Ranger Danger

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Stay at home puppy daddy
I'd have to say it ranks very high as one of the worst forums I've been part of. Believe it or not my local gun forum back east was worse. I honestly don't think there are any Mods there and if there are they're just as bad. Lucky for us we no longer have to deal with that insane asylum anymore. :puke::crazy:
I tried... my last post there for a long time to come now..

I like to see improvements, not a fanboy of any brand. If I offended anyone "post trolls" by pointing out what I felt would be improved on the Tacoma, I'm sure there is a "SAFE SPACE" or "SENSORY" room here on TW for you.

The moment I called out diff in power, ride, comfort, features or anything that is a tangible improvement, I get the nonsense posts. Have something of value to add next time.

Thread...
https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads...uble-cab-6-off-road-4x4.627949/#post-21483815
Sponsored