jsphlynch

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL
The "new" Nissan Tacoma.

Looks EXACTLY like one, IMO. Especially in that gray.

Link to Autoblog.

Yeah, it makes a bit more HP, and a bit less torque. But that HP comes in all up top and the torque curve wont be as good as a turbo motor. Always been a fan of the Pro4X model, I was looking at them before I realized the Ranger was a better truck. But I've always known how good a turbo engine is compared to a similar output non-turbo motor.
Here's a link to another Autoblog article that includes a handy (if incomplete for now) table of the revealed specs for the Frontier versus the rest of the segment.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
I personally believe it will take sales away from the Titan primarily. Also having a forum like this makes a big difference loyalty wise. I hope folks will buy American ?? to help us all.
The Nissan Frontier, Altima, NV, Titan and Pathfinder are all built in Canton, Mississippi, which is in America

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
The Nissan Frontier, Altima, NV, Titan and Pathfinder are all built in Canton, Mississippi, which is in America
IIRC there is still a stiff 25% tariff imposed on trucks that are not built in N America, making it cost prohibitive not to build in NA plants.

l0rdv8r

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.reddit.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2018 VW Atlas
Occupation
CTO @ NASA
While that is leaps and bounds better looking than the current generation frontier, I still love my blue oval and would take it over that anyday :)

landiscarrier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat, Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
It's an improvement over the old style but it still seems lost....looks like they tried to make a Nissan Tacoma and they interior is a bit strange in my opinion....but still better than the old one! I think I'll be sticking with my Ranger!

wmadoty

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Technology Manager
They said they are using a 9 speed exclusively.
I love my truck and will not be getting rid of it. I am aware I am on a Ranger forum. Even thought I love it, I think the Ranger is a little too big and the Frontier looks to be smaller. If this was out there when I purchased my truck, after a good test drive, I might have went with it. This might be a good option for those wanting a smaller truck. I could see it getting a few percent of Ranger sales.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
I love my truck and will not be getting rid of it. I am aware I am on a Ranger forum. Even thought I love it, I think the Ranger is a little too big and the Frontier looks to be smaller.
The standard length of the new frontier is 210.2 inches, long is 224.1. So yes, .6 inches shorter than the ranger--if you get the short one. It's also .3 inches narrower.

It does have a bed that's 2.1 inches shorter in short configuration and .5 inches longer in long configuration, and 1.4 inches shallower.

wmadoty

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Technology Manager
The standard length of the new frontier is 210.2 inches, long is 224.1. So yes, .6 inches shorter than the ranger--if you get the short one. It's also .3 inches narrower.

It does have a bed that's 2.1 inches shorter in short configuration and .5 inches longer in long configuration, and 1.4 inches shallower.
So it is not significantly smaller and I would not consider it. Ford is coming out with a small truck, the Maverick. I did not like the specs on that one. It will not impact Ranger sales.

MTB-BRUH

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Base
Occupation
Shop Manager
After a second look I actually dig the outside, interior is a bit funky though. I’d be curious to test drive it and see how it feels. Important areas for me are powertrain, towing and overall how much abuse a truck can take. So far the Ranger has been awesome

Sashimi_Moto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 E450 C-Class, 2019 Ranger Lariat 501A FX4
I love it. I'm also a fan of Japanese vehicles. I think for folks that want to be in the truck market that are drawn to Japanese quality/reliability - this gives them a pretty damn good alternative to the Tacoma and it's hefty "Toyota Tax" - especially when buying pre-owned.

If they nail the interior quality and it performs close enough or better to the Tacoma then it will provide serious competition. Depending on how it's priced, it will likely be stiff competition for the Ranger as well. This refresh was LONG overdue.

u wish u could ride

First Name
robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 xlt in blue
Occupation
building maintenance
nice looking truck.if i was looking for a new one and the driving position was like our ranger, and the engine pulled like ours , and price right. i would for sure chek it out .I am only loyal to myself not brands.I do think it looks like tacoma maybe a bit nicer front.