Why the interior hate?

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I'm sure others have mentioned it, my only gripe is all the buttons are smooth, so adjusting the A/C requires eyes off the road. Even worse, they don't illuminate at night. I've never quite gotten use to the fact I can switch to the hvac screen on the monitor to do these.
I saw this earlier and thought to myself that I was sure mine did.

Saw this again and just checked now: mine illuminate. Is this not typical?

IMG_0983.jpeg

Also, check out that illuminated shifter console :rockon:

IMG_0984.jpeg
Sponsored

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
I never thought bad about the controls, I just use the screen, it seems to easy to me.Then you can make adjustments on the steering wheel. You have three options to control the AC. I only use the push buttons to turn it on or off. For me its a waste of space and could of added a nicer screen with other features.

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
Eh…. My 2009 jetta has soft touch plastic and still looks great. Guessing peoples miles may vary but it has 125k miles and my dashboard still looks new, no gummy sticky or tearing
Same with my 2013 VW; soft touch that doesn't seem to have worn at all. I will say it's a bit of a bitch to clean because it's textured. I'm looking forward to surfaces that don't collect lint so much.

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase

IMG_0983.jpeg

IMG_0984.jpeg
Maybe I am idiot and I turned down my illumantion down somehow, I'll have to double check.

One of my favorite quotes: "Never attribute something as malicious that can be explained by stupidity."

HA!

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
You have three options to control the AC. I only use the push buttons to turn it on or off. For me its a waste of space and could of added a nicer screen with other features.
Dash console, screen, and ....?

I don't recall my steering wheel having AC controls, only gauge menu, stereo, phone options and cruise control.

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
The plastics could be a little nicer, but I think their biggest complaint is just that it’s a little dated. Look at the 2020 F150 xlt interior vs the new 2021 xlt. It’s night and day. The F150 xlt interior is in another league compared to Ranger lariat, but it shouldn’t be when the price of the two vehicles are not that far off from each other.
I’m guessing the 6gen ranger will be taking cues from the F150 updates and the bronco.
I'm betting the same. Or the Maverick. Or a hot mess of both.

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Also I dislike the chrome trim.

I can easily remedy all of that with some vinyl wrap. Cept the vent trim, that looks a bit trickier, I may have to carefully disassemble and paint those.

Changing all my "silver" trim to a satin black has been on my to-do list for quite some time. All those pieces pop off easy enough tho.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4

I don't recall my steering wheel having AC controls, only gauge menu, stereo, phone options and cruise control.
You can also use voice control as long as you don't have a smartphone connected (it will use Siri/Google Assistant for voice when your smartphone is connected)

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
You can also use voice control as long as you don't have a smartphone connected (it will use Siri/Google Assistant for voice when your smartphone is connected)
Oh wow never knew that. Cool.

Apples

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
Hum, let's see.... Niggling little issues? Why isn't the red numeral display for the Sports mode gear setting bright enough to see in daylight? Why does the high pressure fuel pump make that annoying sound? Where are the transmission gear paddles? Darn noisy cooling fan! Etc.

Hum let's see... The things that just work! The auto adjusting rearview mirror. The automatic headlight dimmer. One of the few new vehicles with a real horn when you need it. One of the best rearview cameras around. Apple Play that works like it should! Etc.

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Hum, let's see.... Niggling little issues? Why isn't the red numeral display for the Sports mode gear setting bright enough to see in daylight? Why does the high pressure fuel pump make that annoying sound? Where are the transmission gear paddles? Darn noisy cooling fan! Etc.

Hum let's see... The things that just work! The auto adjusting rearview mirror. The automatic headlight dimmer. One of the few new vehicles with a real horn when you need it. One of the best rearview cameras around. Apple Play that works like it should! Etc.
I thought about getting some vinyl lettering made for "Ludicrous Speed!" to put below the gear shifter. haha

ludicrous-speed.gif

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Oh wow never knew that. Cool.
Here's a Youtube of how to use the voice controls for climate.

I was going to copy/paste the climate commands but there are quite a few and a picture (or video) is worth a thousand words.

The link should start at the point where they discuss using voice.

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military

Voice control on the steering wheel. I also have a manual control for the buttons on the steering wheel. That makes it 4 ways for mine. I think I unlocked that through Forscan though.

slm

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XLT Supercab (on order)

IMG_0983.jpeg

IMG_0984.jpeg
Someone, please tell the illumination isn't something that has been removed after the 2019 model year...

Ranger_Pawl

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Supercab
Occupation
- Draftsman
this is like the 89th thread on bitching about the Ranger.

I bought a middle of the road truck....i am happy with the product as purchased.
I guess I might have blue collar expectations. it's a Ford FFS. not a Bently.
This is like the 89th time you've bitched about people bitching about their Rangers. :)
Sponsored