What’s with all the Ranger hate reviews?

newmantjn

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer
That is all old stuff.
do not know how that applys to reviews.
I realize that. The point was that the reviews changed from: "why don't you just give us what we are asking for?" to "why did you give us what we asked for?"

G’sgt350

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2016 Shelby GT350
Vehicle Showcase

doug910

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger, '02 BMW 540i
Occupation
Engineer

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
Hi Thad,

When the competition is threatened by such a good product and their sales will decline, they will call out the dogs to malign the threat. That is what you see happening here. Your product is inferior and you know it, so attack the superior product.

Look at the negative ads when the F150 went all aluminum...Chevy showed negative Ford ad after negative Ford ad. We kicked ass with not only towing capacity but with EcoBoost as well as the power performance was way beyond Chevy or Dodge.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Very well put Phil,
I'll live with the Rangers few shortcomings knowing that at least it has rear disc brakes, not powered by a woefully underpowered V6 and a seating position that does not force me to crane my neck to see out the windshield as in a Taco.
Not to mention GM's notorious body hardware issues and a "magic massage" 8 speed transmission such as the Canyon and Colorado are blessed with

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
Nice read.
Thanks,
But I am dead serious, I test drove a 2019 Taco a few months ago and thought it had a normally aspirated 4 cyl. under the hood, to my surprise it was a six. I told the salesperson that the truck didn't have enough power to get out it's own way. Also, after finding a somewhat comfortable seating position, I found myself having to look around the rearview mirror just to see out the windshield.
These 2 flaws caused me to think just what is it that Taco owners see in their vehicle, I certainly don't.

tgRanger

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat, 1988 Mustang GT, 2013 Toyota Highlander Limited
Vehicle Showcase
Shake those two guys upside down and their Toyota/Colorado keys will fall out of their pockets.

What a joke of a review!! :thumbsdown: Nobody really believes that BS :rolleyes:

Ranger Danger

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger FX-4 Off-Road BLK PKG Cactus Gray
Occupation
Stay at home puppy daddy
Read the comments, all five..HA! Dumb and not educated in the Truck as usual. My Lariat was listed at $38,900 and then less $5,400 in discounts and less another $2,500 I had in equity on my trade. $31,000 out the door at that point. The argument you could have bought a F-150 fails again in final cost when you compare installed equipment/trim features, you need apples to apples. Case in point was my Tacoma TRD OR DCLB which cost the same as a Tundra SR5 "SuperCab" yet besides more room, bigger engine there was a lot I would be missing, Tech, Off-Road gear, including the better finishing in the Tacoma's interior and exterior compared to the Tundra. Both had a 6ft bed, but one had more power with worse MPG.

Last edited:

G’sgt350

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2016 Shelby GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Read the comments, all five..HA! Dumb and not educated in the Truck as usual. My Lariat was listed at $38,900 and then less $5,400 in discounts and less another $2,500 I had in equity on my trade. $31,000 out the door at that point. The argument you could have bought a F-150 fails again in final cost when you compare installed equipment/trim features, you need apples to apples. Case in point was my Tacoma TRD OR DCLB which cost the same as a Tundra SR5 "SuperCab" yet besides more room, bigger engine there was a lot I would be missing, Tech, Off-Road gear, including the better finishing in the Tacoma's interior and exterior compared to the Tundra. Both had a 6ft bed, but one had more power with worse MPG.
As far as money goes, that review is Canadian and the sticker is what it is - before rebates.

Ranger Danger

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger FX-4 Off-Road BLK PKG Cactus Gray
Occupation
Stay at home puppy daddy
As far as money goes, that review is Canadian and the sticker is what it is - before rebates.
First, welcome to the forum! Very nice rides in your garage, I love the Mustang.
Yes, technically the Ranger is an import to Canada so I would guess you pay more? As for anyone in the US looking at an F150, which by default will come with more options, even in base trims than say a Ranger, the Ranger costs less period. It was the same deal when I looked at the Tundra & Tacoma. We go through periods here where full size trucks get huge discounts, and you could pick up a F150 for not much more during those times. Cost of ownership is less with a Ranger, and if I wanted a full size truck I would have found one. To get what I wanted in the Ranger at sticker was $38-39K USD and the F-150 Sticker was over $50K
Sponsored