What’s with all the Ranger hate reviews?

stangertwc

First Name
Thad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX | 2003 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe I’m just ‘Ford Blind’ but what is with all the recent hate reviews lately on this truck? For example:

I’ve owned a number of older rangers and my last truck was a 2014 Nissan Frontier which I had purchased new and although it was a bit long in the tooth also thought was a pretty good truck - but my new Ranger is really the nicest truck I’ve had - Is it perfect? no it has a few quirks but I like this truck more and more each day!

Guess some people are just going to hate...
Sponsored

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe I’m just ‘Ford Blind’ but what is with all the recent hate reviews lately on this truck? For example:

I’ve owned a number of older rangers and my last truck was a 2014 Nissan Frontier which I had purchased new and although it was a bit long in the tooth also thought was a pretty good truck - but my new Ranger is really the nicest truck I’ve had - Is it perfect? no it has a few quirks but I like this truck more and more each day!

Guess some people are just going to hate...
Hi Thad,

When the competition is threatened by such a good product and their sales will decline, they will call out the dogs to malign the threat. That is what you see happening here. Your product is inferior and you know it, so attack the superior product.

Look at the negative ads when the F150 went all aluminum...Chevy showed negative Ford ad after negative Ford ad. We kicked ass with not only towing capacity but with EcoBoost as well as the power performance was way beyond Chevy or Dodge.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
I think Phil is right, I bet someone is getting paid to review this way. There’s a recent Motor Trend Gladiator Sport vs. Ranger XL and it seems quite obvious the Ranger should have come out on top.

Ronbo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4+
Occupation
Retired LEO Sgt., USAF & USA Veteran.
Vehicle Showcase
Well I, for one, really love my Ranger. Some minor things could be improved, and as it has been said, its not perfect, but it's head and shoulders a better truck than others in its class. Hand's down, IN MY VIEW, better than the Toyota's, GM twins, Jeep, Nissan, and although I would not consider it in the same class, the Honda. Those who don't agree, well they are free to go buy any one of the other choices. Not gonna change my opinion. To each his or her own.

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not a Ranger fanboy but that guy is an idiot. I think a Ranger ran over his dog.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I think Phil is right, I bet someone is getting paid to review this way. There’s a recent Motor Trend Gladiator Sport vs. Ranger XL and it seems quite obvious the Ranger should have come out on top.
This video was only posted on 10/25/19 and has almost 74,000 views and over 1,100 comments. What better way to get traffic to your site and everyone talking by posting a negative review about the re-newed Ranger. Phil is correct, most of these YouTubers get sponsor money and discounts based on their subscribers and this tool has 288,000. :crazy:

I'm not a Ranger fanboy but that guy is an idiot. I think a Ranger ran over his dog.
I bet he drives a Tacoma! :LOL:

BHunted

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2019 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Crooked leftest style reviewing. Prob same type people that scream you are not driving a Harley. Buy American , no rice burners, but tow their American bikes in a Toyota.

EcoRanger

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 301A SuperCrew 4X4 2015 Ecoboost Mustang 50 Year Appereance Package convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Thad,

When the competition is threatened by such a good product and their sales will decline, they will call out the dogs to malign the threat. That is what you see happening here. Your product is inferior and you know it, so attack the superior product.

Look at the negative ads when the F150 went all aluminum...Chevy showed negative Ford ad after negative Ford ad. We kicked ass with not only towing capacity but with EcoBoost as well as the power performance was way beyond Chevy or Dodge.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
What he said :like:

Hack_Actual

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
To piggyback on what everyone else is saying - what better way to make your inferior product look superior than to make a superior product look inferior? As Ranger sales continue to climb and eat away at a market that has been dominated by Toyota for ages I think we're going to continue to see these types of things pop up.

Generally, the consensus has been overwhelmingly positive for the Ranger despite some quirky things that Ford could have done better - all in all it's the best mid-size pickup on the market and everyone knows it; denial of the truth doesn't change the truth.

Cerwin D. Vega

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XLT 4x4
My wife: why are you listening to that? Me:I think they got one with a bad tranny.

Yeah now that i think about it I do believe they had some type of incentive for this review.

Last edited:

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
The real question is who the hell is going to take these guys seriously?

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
The real question is who the hell is going to take these guys seriously?
I'm surprised this review is not on the Tacoma forum where all will have a circle jerk. :LOL: