What’s with all the Ranger hate reviews?

G’sgt350

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2016 Shelby GT350
Vehicle Showcase
First, welcome to the forum! Very nice rides in your garage, I love the Mustang.
Yes, technically the Ranger is an import to Canada so I would guess you pay more? As for anyone in the US looking at an F150, which by default will come with more options, even in base trims than say a Ranger, the Ranger costs less period. It was the same deal when I looked at the Tundra & Tacoma. We go through periods here where full size trucks get huge discounts, and you could pick up a F150 for not much more during those times. Cost of ownership is less with a Ranger, and if I wanted a full size truck I would have found one. To get what I wanted in the Ranger at sticker was $38-39K USD and the F-150 Sticker was over $50K
First, welcome to the forum! Very nice rides in your garage, I love the Mustang.
Yes, technically the Ranger is an import to Canada so I would guess you pay more? As for anyone in the US looking at an F150, which by default will come with more options, even in base trims than say a Ranger, the Ranger costs less period. It was the same deal when I looked at the Tundra & Tacoma. We go through periods here where full size trucks get huge discounts, and you could pick up a F150 for not much more during those times. Cost of ownership is less with a Ranger, and if I wanted a full size truck I would have found one. To get what I wanted in the Ranger at sticker was $38-39K USD and the F-150 Sticker was over $50K
Sponsored

G’sgt350

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2016 Shelby GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Oh my god, sorry about all the reposting - I’m doing this with my phone but I think I’ve figured it out.

Thanks Idaho Ranger, this is a great forum! You’re absolutely right about the “buy an f150 for the same price b/s”. Yeah, our dollar sucks right now, $38,900 usd translates to just over $51,000 cad!

Ranger Danger

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger FX-4 Off-Road BLK PKG Cactus Gray
Occupation
Stay at home puppy daddy
Oh my god, sorry about all the reposting - I’m doing this with my phone but I think I’ve figured it out.

Thanks Idaho Ranger, this is a great forum! You’re absolutely right about the “buy an f150 for the same price b/s”. Yeah, our dollar sucks right now, $38,900 usd translates to just over $51,000 cad!
No worries & welcome again!...that makes a lot of sense. I know threre are two Ranger forums I am aware of, this is by far the place to be, not just the great peole, the content is awesome!

hughesjv

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Has anyone else actually heard any engine noise pump through the speakers?

Also, the passenger seat guy acting like it was low power when it hits 1/4 mile in the same time as the v6 tacoma hits 60mph.

No, another fallacy of the author.

bb1001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hot Pepper Red XLT
I stopped watching that review when he said the leather wrapped steering wheel felt like old work gloves. Lol, like that weasel has ever worn work gloves.
TBF the leather is not as smooth as the one on my wife's '18 Camry. But what do you expect? It's a truck for God's sake. The reviewer was expecting Mercedes like luxury then he's been sitting in $70,000 "trucks" for too long.

Ranger Danger

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger FX-4 Off-Road BLK PKG Cactus Gray
Occupation
Stay at home puppy daddy
TBF the leather is not as smooth as the one on my wife's '18 Camry. But what do you expect? It's a truck for God's sake. The reviewer was expecting Mercedes like luxury then he's been sitting in $70,000 "trucks" for too long.
I go into my girls Volvo XC60 just to take a BIG WHIFF of that NAPA leather! :giggle:

ArchitectThom

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Architect
I stopped watching that review when he said the leather wrapped steering wheel felt like old work gloves. Lol, like that weasel has ever worn work gloves.
I came to the party late on this thread and just watched that review yesterday... well... some of it. That is EXACTLY the same place I stopped watching, too. What a ridiculously transparent review. These two guys CLEARLY had it out for the Ranger and were being paid to malign it. When 90% of reviewers out there have praised the truck, those who rip on it THAT badly are showing an awful bias and that they have "ulterior motivations". It's pretty sickening and I've tried to block their YouTube channel from ever showing up in my suggestions ever again. It's not just this video that has clued me in to how awful these guys are, either. They've lost all credibility with me and I wouldn't trust them to review my toaster now.

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
Accurate reporting is dead. What they teach in colleges is agenda reporting. Follow the money. Even science reporting is clouded by follow the money. ?

alazar14

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger (2019), Chevrolet Camaro 2002 Anniversary Edition
Maybe I’m just ‘Ford Blind’ but what is with all the recent hate reviews lately on this truck? For example:

I’ve owned a number of older rangers and my last truck was a 2014 Nissan Frontier which I had purchased new and although it was a bit long in the tooth also thought was a pretty good truck - but my new Ranger is really the nicest truck I’ve had - Is it perfect? no it has a few quirks but I like this truck more and more each day!

Guess some people are just going to hate...
The only thing I dislike about the truck is the quality of body panels and paint. This is by far the most flimsy feeling "body panels" and scratch prone paint I have ever experienced in a vehicle. Other than that, I love the actual performance of the truck (super impressed with the engine) along with its amazing ride quality.
Sponsored