What’s with all the Ranger hate reviews?

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I think it all comes down to the dealer too. Some are willing to give better dealer discounts than others. For me I would spend the extra $900.00 for the Ranger as I have no use for a larger truck anymore but i can see where some might not.
I think the majority here could have bought An F-150. Size difference is enough to make the choice to a ranger.
I sat in an F-150 before I bought the Ranger. Was like being on my couch.
To own an F-150 you have to need an F-150 otherwise everything else about it is a hassle

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I think the majority here could have bought An F-150. Size difference is enough to make the choice to a ranger.
To own an F-150 you have to need an F-150 otherwise everything else about it is a hassle
Well stated! :thumbsup:

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Yep, if the F-150 was the same cost comparably equipped, I'd still opt for the Ranger.

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
Why do they use the highest MSRP Lariat build as the price in comparison to an gutted / incentive F-150? I see dealers listing 4WD XLT Rangers for just under 30k, which may be bait but I'm sure in a lot of areas you can get a nicely equipped XL or XLT in the low 30s these days.
Take heart, they've done EXACTLY the same thing since 1983 when the Ranger was first introduced.
It just shows that they take the Ranger seriously.

Nobody said that stuff when I bought my 1973 PL620 Datsun.
Fun truck and the worst POS I have ever owned

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
hmmm the problem there is incentives...I got $11k off my F150, which came out to be $900 cheaper than a comparable Ranger with options that are non existent in the Ranger.
Exactly..
I said it before when I went to look at the Ranger my sales guys said he could get me into a F150 right now with more options for less money because of rebates. Thanks for my wife because she said why do you want a full size truck again.
Also base model the Ranger is not bad but once you add options it is insane in price because lets say you want heated seats you have to add a 1800.00 package or something like that.

When I went to look at the Ranger I also priced another Colorado and with almost 5,000 in rebates I qualified for it was over 5,000 cheaper with the exact same options.

The Ranger is as expensive as the Tacoma with options. Cant complain about the Taco when the Ranger is no different.

I came close to buying a 2019 escape this weekend and a 2019 Ranger. This was the second time I looked at the Ranger.

This is a courtesy vehicle too so I thought maybe a good deal.
https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/what’s-with-all-the-ranger-hate-reviews.4930/page-3#post-77380

It was more expensive than a Colorado with less stuff and I just could not settle.
I really want sync 3 and not the little screen with just regular sync.

2020 models will have Sync 3 standard so here I wait again...
Again thanks for my wife she convinced me not to settle again.. This next truck is supposed to be a long term buy and in 3 years I will want a new truck again if I do not get what I want. I am in no rush I do like my truck I have now.

I also do realise this is the first year for the Ranger and it wont have the rebates yet. But rebates count in what a truck costs compared to other vehicles.

That being said that video is a little bit of a sham.. You can not compare a top trim to a lower trim. what does a top trim F150 cost? Also the power train on the Ranger is fantastic.
The whole transmission thing is a joke.
But that video is not all wrong either.

Last edited:

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase

doug910

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger, '02 BMW 540i
Occupation
Engineer
I also do realise this is the first year for the Ranger and it wont have the rebates yet. But rebates count in what a truck costs compared to other vehicles.
I agree, if you have the option to wait, then the smart move would be to wait. Many of us who bought early either needed a vehicle ASAP and didn't like the other options and/or just wanted it early. Rebates and incentives will improve in the next year or two, so just keep an eye out for deals.

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
I agree, if you have the option to wait, then the smart move would be to wait. Many of us who bought early either needed a vehicle ASAP and didn't like the other options and/or just wanted it early. Rebates and incentives will improve in the next year or two, so just keep an eye out for deals.
Yea the only thing that stinks is I wanted hot pepper red and they are discontinuing it.
Why? It is a great color.

Last edited:

doug910

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger, '02 BMW 540i
Occupation
Engineer
Yea the only thing that stinks is I wanted hot pepper red and they are discontinuing it.
Hot pepper red is my favorite color too. I actually ordered my truck September 2018 - waayyy before production even started lol since if I wasn't ordering sight unseen, I would have got Hot Pepper Red too. Stuck with a safe dark metallic gray, which I still think looks great, but isn't nearly as striking as the red.

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
I have bought bright red Fords for generations, imagine how I felt when the 2019 Ranger didn't offer red
I got Saber.
Then whaaat!? 2020 offers RED!
I guess it was time to lose that tradition.

Todd Chapin

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 crewcab lariat fx4
Occupation
Chef
I do not get the B and O hate. Mine is fantastic. Maybe a previous tester blew the speakers? The drive train is exemplary.

newmantjn

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer
Here is some Historical Context on this.

Back then, it was "Why doesn't Ford just move it over from Australia?"
Now it's: "Why did Ford just move this over from Australia?"
Sponsored