Hate PA winters....

spike36ff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
PennDOT and their cinder/ road salt mix is tearing up my Ranger already. Less than 5,000 miles and a mild winter to boot.

93BE887F-CB41-43CB-A794-07ACCA8AE949.jpeg

C1004D62-9FD6-4F97-AE23-6C6E0C68E102.jpeg

71FC89CC-06E2-4B85-82A3-9BDFDAFE2EFD.jpeg
Sponsored

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
PennDOT and their cinder/ road salt mix is tearing up my Ranger already. Less than 5,000 miles and a mild winter to boot.

93BE887F-CB41-43CB-A794-07ACCA8AE949.jpeg

C1004D62-9FD6-4F97-AE23-6C6E0C68E102.jpeg

71FC89CC-06E2-4B85-82A3-9BDFDAFE2EFD.jpeg
If it were me, I touch it up with matching Ford paint. Then I would buy some of that plastic crap people put on their hoods and stuff and attach it along the lines of high wear. Sand and salt are not good for paint. The effect is to sandblast the truck with salt and sand. I would definitely Wrap those areas.

OP
OP
spike36ff

spike36ff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
If it were me, I touch it up with matching Ford paint. Then I would buy some of that plastic crap people put on their hoods and stuff and attach it along the lines of high wear. Sand and salt are not good for paint. The effect is to sandblast the truck with salt and sand. I would definitely Wrap those areas.

I think just going to get truck bed coating applied. I had two Frontiers that did the exact same thing.

Deleted member 1634

I think just going to get truck bed coating applied. I had two Frontiers that did the exact same thing.
The bedliner on the rocker panels is something I've considered as well. I almost had it done prior to this winter but things didn't work out. I have a feeling I'll do it before next winter though. I don't have the problems you are necessarily, but I just know that any chip from whatever (rocks, sand/salt blasting, normal wear, dents, etc.) in that area will just grow so fast. Happened too many times on every other vehicle we've owned. The only choice now is what color of bedliner to go with. Black is obviously the staple and standard. But I can't decide if it'd be nice to get a dark gray to try and match the other trim pieces of the sport package. I'm no sure whether that would look weird; or maybe even if the black would look weird butting up to the gray trim around the wheel wells.

OP
OP
spike36ff

spike36ff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
The bedliner on the rocker panels is something I've considered as well. I almost had it done prior to this winter but things didn't work out. I have a feeling I'll do it before next winter though. I don't have the problems you are necessarily, but I just know that any chip from whatever (rocks, sand/salt blasting, normal wear, dents, etc.) in that area will just grow so fast. Happened too many times on every other vehicle we've owned. The only choice now is what color of bedliner to go with. Black is obviously the staple and standard. But I can't decide if it'd be nice to get a dark gray to try and match the other trim pieces of the sport package. I'm no sure whether that would look weird; or maybe even if the black would look weird butting up to the gray trim around the wheel wells.
My Nissan’s were bright red and dark blue. The black actually didn’t stand out that bad. Especially in that area curving inward.

u wish u could ride

First Name
robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 xlt in blue
Occupation
building maintenance
that blasted off the orange peel looking thick stuff fast wow! I fluid film the inside /back side of the whole underbody but your stuff is plain old sand blasting the finish off that's crazy abrasive stuff they are using. We get the molasses type white liquid spray here on a pretreat then salt sand but it doesn't seem to do that!!

OP
OP
spike36ff

spike36ff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
that blasted off the orange peel looking thick stuff fast wow! I fluid film the inside /back side of the whole underbody but your stuff is plain old sand blasting the finish off that's crazy abrasive stuff they are using. We get the molasses type white liquid spray here on a pretreat then salt sand but it doesn't seem to do that!!

Yeah they mix basically small pieces of stone in with the rock salt