What is everyone paying for their 5th Gen Ranger?

Muffin1

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silver STX 4X4 SC
Did you get deliv on the order yet? When if so? Thanks
Nope, no WS either, tracker goes in & out with info showing up, but as of right now it shows
'order conformed' clicking for the WS gets me "check back later' they should change that to
'check back next year'?
Is yours a Scab or Crew?
Also there's a post about what could be holding up particular orders, options and parts that are causing this mess. (If you didn't see it yet). Some of my option choices are ON the list.☹
And the salesman emailed me back that they are checking into it that was three days ago, i could have driven the 800 miles to the assembly plant forced my way in (only kidding) and got the answers!
https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/2021-order-time-frame.14997/page-21
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc

JimInVA

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2121 Ranger Lariat/SCab/4x2, Took 8.5 months wait
Occupation
Retired Military
Nope, no WS either, tracker goes in & out with info showing up, but as of right now it shows
'order conformed' clicking for the WS gets me "check back later' they should change that to
'check back next year'?
Is yours a Scab or Crew?
Also there's a post about what could be holding up particular orders, options and parts that are causing this mess. (If you didn't see it yet). Some of my option choices are ON the list.☹
And the salesman emailed me back that they are checking into it that was three days ago, i could have driven the 800 miles to the assembly plant forced my way in (only kidding) and got the answers!
https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/2021-order-time-frame.14997/page-21
4x2, six ft bed, 501a, chrome appearance, trailer tow pack, running boards, splash guards, bed liner, supercab. paying $35,000 that includes VA registration, tax, etc. Drive off price.

Yeah, I thought about driving there too, but don't have a bag of chips to shove in it. lol

The wait is not the worst. It is not having them communicate at all. Here is the sticker on it. It is built but not done in my case.
window sticker.JPG

Muffin1

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silver STX 4X4 SC
4x2, six ft bed, 501a, chrome appearance, trailer tow pack, running boards, splash guards, bed liner, supercab. paying $35,000 that includes VA registration, tax, etc. Drive off price.

Yeah, I thought about driving there too, but don't have a bag of chips to shove in it. lol

The wait is not the worst. It is not having them communicate at all. Here is the sticker on it. It is built but not done in my case.
That's a nice build, your hold up is probably the accessories that are installed at an offsite vendor from the factory, your lucky that it's built at least that part of this mess is done for you, congrats.
My build is 4X2 XLT Scab, Chrome, 302a, locking diff, sliding rear window, that's it no offsite accessories being done.

baltoro_1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Pilot, 2015 Honda Civic
Vehicle Showcase
I am in Vancouver, BC..have an x-plan and about to order 2022 Ranger xlt. The dealer got the build details/options form me and sent back preview order sheet. But it only shows the MSRP and not any xplan discount. Shouldn't it be shown on this preview order. The dealer has given me the final price on email though.
My worry is that if there is no mention of x-plan at this stage in the documents, later when the truck arrives the dealer will try to sell it at the MSRP and will have no obligation to honor the x-plan. Dealer is asking for a deposit as well, which is no big deal but without any signed final price guarantee, its bit awkward. Any suggestion please.

Joedanger22

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger
Occupation
Aircraft Assembler
In January of this year:
Sticker: 38k.
I annoyed the salesperson for 2 weeks (practically everyday)right after Christmas trying to get a better deal. He wouldn't budge off $36k. On January 5th, I told him I would not be returning to his dealership again. He called 2 hrs later and took 26k OTD. Traded 04 Ranger Edge with 266k miles and 4k down. I stole it.
2020 XLT 4X2
Iconic Silver
Blk app pkg
All the bells and whistles
It is sweet....

20210201_114226.jpg

20210201_114235.jpg

20210713_103210.jpg

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
In January of this year:
Sticker: 38k.
I annoyed the salesperson for 2 weeks (practically everyday)right after Christmas trying to get a better deal. He wouldn't budge off $36k. On January 5th, I told him I would not be returning to his dealership again. He called 2 hrs later and took 26k OTD. Traded 04 Ranger Edge with 266k miles and 4k down. I stole it.
2020 XLT 4X2
Iconic Silver
Blk app pkg
All the bells and whistles
It is sweet....

20210201_114226.jpg

20210201_114235.jpg

20210713_103210.jpg
I'm gonna have to call bullshit on that story.

If what you're saying is true, the dealership lost at least $6k on that deal.

Joedanger22

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger
Occupation
Aircraft Assembler
26k after trade and DP. Absolutely true story. Maybe they wanted the 2020's off the lot. DFW full of Ford dealerships. You just have to be willing to walk away from a bad deal. This was b 4 all the price increases though.

docarter

First Name
Dayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac ATS; Ford Ranger
Occupation
ADA
they let people getting their vehicles serviced, drive it home and junk...
It has almost 800 miles on it and they're asking $45,555!!! He said out the door, it was close to $50K! He's trading his '19 Pilot AWD for it to boot.
Oh hell no. I wouldn't want a loaner or service rental except if I got a deep discount.

docarter

First Name
Dayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
ADA

I think that money was made up by trade and DP? They may not use the word "OTD" like you or I do. I paid 36.5k "OTD" but that's with tax and fees but not including any down payment or trade amount.

Joedanger22

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger
Occupation
Aircraft Assembler
Negotiated price prior to trade and down payment was 32k. Still a fine deal. Sorry for the confusion. Still doesn't change the fact that I do love it and think I received a pretty good deal. Peace y'all

docarter

First Name
Dayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
ADA
Negotiated price prior to trade and down payment was 32k. Still a fine deal. Sorry for the confusion. Still doesn't change the fact that I do love it and think I received a pretty good deal. Peace y'all
32k is a nice price for that truck! Definitely paid less than someone would now for the same kit!

Joedanger22

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger
Occupation
Aircraft Assembler
32k is a nice price for that truck! Definitely paid less than someone would now for the same kit!
I haven't done anything to it yet. Tore knee up and just got off crutches but I think my wife purchased the dreaded damper for me. I seen it on her Amazon list. ?

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman

26k after trade and DP. Absolutely true story. Maybe they wanted the 2020's off the lot. DFW full of Ford dealerships. You just have to be willing to walk away from a bad deal. This was b 4 all the price increases though.
Sure you did. But what you said was outrageous.

Funny how I knew almost exactly what your real number was. That's 'cause it's hard to bullshit on a car forum. Collectively, this place knows more than you or I ever will about our trucks.

For future reference OTD means just that. Total price paid after taxes, before down payment and trade. Or in other words, total amount paid. Including Texas sales tax (6.25% on new vehicles) your OTD price would've been would be roughly $34k.

Following your logic I bought my Lariat FX-4 for $29k "OTD" a year ago. Which is absolutely ridiculous and unbelievable.

Sure, you got a good deal, and I hope you enjoy your truck. There's no need to boost your ego by falsifying that info here.

Torrsall

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat 4WD
I thought I’d start a thread on what kind of discount people are able to get and where they’re getting them at.

For instance if you’re able to get 5% off MSRP at dealer x then please tell us about it.

I know some people may be eligible for X plan pricing or similar so let us know about that as well!

Also, did you order the truck or pick one off the lot?

ranger price list.jpg

2019 Ford Ranger Price List courtesy of @TubaMatt.
Socal here, San Diego area. Bought a 21 Lariat off the lot during the one week EOM consumer cash savings of $2500. Brought the cost of a 4wd hi option to $40,120.00. I was pushed extremely hard for the overpriced and, essentially, not worth it alarm and protection pkgs. I did walk one time since they said the options were not optional (?). You all know the arguments for additional dealer profits; low inventory, supply chain issues, lots of salsa but no chips! I heard all those and calmly explained to the manager that if I come in for a product at one price but am compelled to pay more for that same product, then I've been missled. When he told me that in these times, he needed more profit from me, I explained that as a fiduciary of Ford, a good business model was not to turn a deep profit, but was in reality to get long term customers behind the wheel of a new Ford. Now, how can you argue that and not insult your customer? You can't!
I further explained that, "Look, if I see a nice tv at Yellow box for $1000 but I go down to get it and they tell me we're out of processing chips so, sorry, we've got to charge you $1200.00, I'm going to be confused, insulted and leave, probably never to return. The manager got it! He called the next day with what I asked for which was the truck at MSRP less the $2500.00. Nothing else! I did offer $500 for the $1300.00 paint protection because they were pretty awesome and worked really hard to get my sale. They agreed. I'll take a bit of a blue book year hit since it's a 21, but after all is done, it's a beautiful truck at a fair price.
Sponsored