What is everyone paying for their 5th Gen Ranger?

JimInVA

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2121 Ranger Lariat/SCab/4x2, Took 8.5 months wait
Occupation
Retired Military
I thought I’d start a thread on what kind of discount people are able to get and where they’re getting them at.

For instance if you’re able to get 5% off MSRP at dealer x then please tell us about it.

I know some people may be eligible for X plan pricing or similar so let us know about that as well!

Also, did you order the truck or pick one off the lot?

ranger price list.jpg

2019 Ford Ranger Price List courtesy of @TubaMatt.
Thanks for that data. So for the Lariat I ordered the dealer invoice was $34,985 and I have deal for 35,500 walk out door that includes taxes, registrations and the truck. Feel good about it if I can ever get the truck actually delivered. The promised deliv date of 30 Nov just went by and nothing has changed. Will just have to see and will be calling them next week in hopes.
Sponsored

leadtheway

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No
Sure you did. But what you said was outrageous.

Funny how I knew almost exactly what your real number was. That's 'cause it's hard to bullshit on a car forum. Collectively, this place knows more than you or I ever will about our trucks.

For future reference OTD means just that. Total price paid after taxes, before down payment and trade. Or in other words, total amount paid. Including Texas sales tax (6.25% on new vehicles) your OTD price would've been would be roughly $34k.

Following your logic I bought my Lariat FX-4 for $29k "OTD" a year ago. Which is absolutely ridiculous and unbelievable.

Sure, you got a good deal, and I hope you enjoy your truck. There's no need to boost your ego by falsifying that info here.
Right? I don't know why it's so difficult for people to say what the ACTUAL price was. All this equivocating and obfuscating "I paid x" (don't add in trade in) "I paid Y" (don't add in down payment), "I paid Z" (don't subtract upside down loan rolled into this deal). The price is the price. That's the number that matters. A 30k truck minus a 5k trade, minus a 3k down payment for a financed rate of 22k is.......a 30k truck. You paid 30k. It doesn't matter that 3k of that 30k was upfront. It doesn't matter that 5k of that 30k was in the form of a trade it. It wouldn't matter if you paid half in gold bricks or bitcoin. It's 30k. Not a difficult concept to grasp but seems like many have trouble grasping it.

We all (probably) know people who speak like this and frankly, it's just exhausting trying to fish the truth out of them. Like they have to one up the deal you got so they can "win" or something like that. And then you get into specifics, "wow that's a great deal, was that OTD?" Turns into "well yeah plus 3k tax". Oh ok, not that bad. Hey where did your other beater go? "Oh I traded that in when I got this." Oh so that number you said was that plus tax plus trade in? "Yeah". Oh, ok, so you paid sticker price for it basically. "Yeah". Ok. :rolleyes: Don't be that guy.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Right? I don't know why it's so difficult for people to say what the ACTUAL price was. All this equivocating and obfuscating "I paid x" (don't add in trade in) "I paid Y" (don't add in down payment), "I paid Z" (don't subtract upside down loan rolled into this deal). The price is the price. That's the number that matters. A 30k truck minus a 5k trade, minus a 3k down payment for a financed rate of 22k is.......a 30k truck. You paid 30k. It doesn't matter that 3k of that 30k was upfront. It doesn't matter that 5k of that 30k was in the form of a trade it. It wouldn't matter if you paid half in gold bricks or bitcoin. It's 30k. Not a difficult concept to grasp but seems like many have trouble grasping it.

We all (probably) know people who speak like this and frankly, it's just exhausting trying to fish the truth out of them. Like they have to one up the deal you got so they can "win" or something like that. And then you get into specifics, "wow that's a great deal, was that OTD?" Turns into "well yeah plus 3k tax". Oh ok, not that bad. Hey where did your other beater go? "Oh I traded that in when I got this." Oh so that number you said was that plus tax plus trade in? "Yeah". Oh, ok, so you paid sticker price for it basically. "Yeah". Ok. :rolleyes: Don't be that guy.
I think you nailed it. It's got to be ego driven.

Reactions: Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 and Sports appearance package in the NYC area.

49k walk out price. 0% APR, 17k for my trade in, 10k down payment.

Dealer originally wanted 3k over sticker and offered 13k for my trade in... That obviously didn't work out.

One thing I will point out is that it is not a good time to buy a car, but it is a GREAT time to trade in a car if you have a "valuable" used car. My car was worth about 13k before COVID, it sells privately for 18-21k now.

jthompson48

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Military
My Dad liked my Ranger and decided to get one. I found one on the lot about 3 hours away that did x plan pricing plus the 500 off incentive. No one local would do x plan on stock with some over msrp. Thoroughbred Ford in KC MO. No BS.

Wytchdctr

First Name
Doug P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT
Occupation
Retired Military/HR Manager
XLT supercrew with remote start being the only extra option other than XLT stuff; 28k before trade in/down payment/etc.

We played the numbers game for a few hours (deal closed an hour and a half after the dealer closed officially). Don't remember what plans were used but I couldn't stack it with my military discount.

Yaegerbomb89

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Occupation
Software
My tremor finally came in this week. I negotiated x-plan prior to ordering, and the dealer honored that even though they are now charging $5k over MSRP on everything. I was also able to cash in on 2 incentives for a total of 2k off x-plan. Couldn’t be happier about it with the current market.

The cherry on top was selling my Subaru to Carvana. I got way more for it than I paid years ago. Can’t believe that.

JimInVA

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2121 Ranger Lariat/SCab/4x2, Took 8.5 months wait
Occupation
Retired Military
My tremor finally came in this week. I negotiated x-plan prior to ordering, and the dealer honored that even though they are now charging $5k over MSRP on everything. I was also able to cash in on 2 incentives for a total of 2k off x-plan. Couldn’t be happier about it with the current market.

The cherry on top was selling my Subaru to Carvana. I got way more for it than I paid years ago. Can’t believe that.
When did you order it??
Thanks

SpazC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Sport
Occupation
Lumber Sales
2021 XLT Sport
301A
Running Boards
Tow

MSRP $38,240
Paid $37,240

Work changes forced me into buying at the exact wrong time and was pretty much at the mercy of what inventory was available in the Southeast.

Silver lining was finding a dealer with Ford 0% 60mo financing and getting way more than I should have ( in normal times) on my trade.

ScottyT

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Wow! $50k for a Ranger... I never thought I'd see the day that happened! I was complaining about mine costing $36k, LOL! I didn't need/want another 4x4, but that seems like that's what everyone is buying nowadays... :(
All it takes is 1 or 2 packages and a few accessories to hit low to mid $40k, depending if you go XLT or Lariat Super Crew 4x4. Add in destination charger, taxes, fees, tags, etc. It's not crazy hitting $50k.

Plus, 4x4 is needed for some depending on where you live (weather) and what you want to do with your truck.

Or you pick up a base level truck (much cheaper) and spend in aftermarket parts and you still end up with a $50k ranger. Trust me, I know. It happened with my Jeep JKU. Bought a Sport S model, much cheaper than a Rubicon and still dumped tons of money into it. So in reality, I bought a more customized Rubicon lol

So I'm not all that surprised some Rangers hit $50k when you add on options from the factory.

RedHawkIXI

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX Special Edition
Occupation
Helicopter Mechanic
I bought mine last Saturday at a small dealership in south TN. I could only get them to come $250 off MSRP. They did value my ragged out Focus pretty well. In this market, I was okay with it.
Sponsored