What is everyone paying for their 5th Gen Ranger?

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer
Hi Ken,

Dealer Trick....Discussing tactic.... Find another dealer if you can. Local dealer here does same thing. Widow Tint and Security system which damages the OEM wiring integrity. That is why I drive about 40 miles south to the dealer on our boarder town, Nogales. No such non value added crap.

best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
I special ordered my SCab and told the dealer if they added ANYTHING I did not authorize, they would keep the truck. Vehicles that make it into their inventory on the lot have window etching, window tint, nitrogen fill, security system, door edge guards, cup guards, etc. all at ridiculous inflated prices.

They listened. ?
Sponsored

Spence's bumper sticker

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Edge Sport
Occupation
Security Analyst + USN
Waiting for them Labor Day rebates! The $1k they're offering now isn't going to do it for me.

atowildcat

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Waiting for them Labor Day rebates! The $1k they're offering now isn't going to do it for me.
You and me both - though I'm holding out a bit longer for the Nov Black Friday Specials. Seems like that is peak incentives and peak inventory/choices.

Oh and if you are a Veteran - check out the DAV discounts. Looks like they are adding $1k plus X-Plan.

MathGod

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Platinum Lariat
Occupation
Educator
Ok so I bought my 2019 Lariat right as Covid was causing inventory to be short.

I got my truck for 7100 off sticker and 84 months zero interest.

i know the 84 months will kill you if you don’t pay it off faster, but I am paying it off in 60 months.

Last edited:

Mpro2

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger xlt
You and me both - though I'm holding out a bit longer for the Nov Black Friday Specials. Seems like that is peak incentives and peak inventory/choices.

Oh and if you are a Veteran - check out the DAV discounts. Looks like they are adding $1k plus X-Plan.
Yep, the black Friday deals last year made my XLT affordable for me. And, those same deals carried through to the first of this year....

Ranger Roger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Fit, 2004 Honda ST1300abs, 2018 Honda HR-V
Ok so I bought my 2019 Lariat right as Covid was causing inventory to be short.

I got my truck for 7100 off sticker and 84 months zero interest.

i know he 84 months will kill you if you don’t pay it off faster, but I am paying it off in 60 months.
Why would you pay it off earlier at 0%?

MathGod

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Educator
Why would you pay it off earlier at 0%?
Paying more than my note required.

Got total financed and divided by 60.

40,000/ 84 = $476.19

40,000/ 60 = $666.67

Spence's bumper sticker

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Edge Sport
Occupation
Security Analyst + USN
Would not have joined MCA had I known about DAV. I joined up. Thanks for the lead!

egilbe

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Somewhere between ME and AZ, depends on the season
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat with BAP, Tow and FX4
Occupation
Semi-retired, lazy bum/tramp, formerly Sys admin in a toxic work environment
Paying more than my note required.

Got total financed and divided by 60.

40,000/ 84 = $476.19

40,000/ 60 = $666.67
Ok, I've asked this before, why would anyone pay off a 0% interest loan early? That interest you are paying is money you can use to earn...interest. I look at it as free money. Use that money to pay off a loan that charges you interest. Use that money to pay off a credit card. Use it to pay off, or down, a student loan or mortgage payment. Use that money to buy a CD or Savings Bond. Put more money in a 401k or Roth IRA.

This is the same thinking that motivates people to give the government an interest free loan all year so they can get a big tax refund the following year.

forestale

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lariat FX4
Occupation
Manufacturing
Bought my 2020 Lariat 501A FX 4 BA package on July 27. MSRP $52 000 (Canadian Pesos), negotiated a $5000 price adjustment and $1300 for my 2009 ranger XL which was in rough shape with an smashed up rear quarter panel and significant rust. So out the door for $45 700 and had a few accesories thrown in (mudflaps, tint, undercoat). I think I did pretty good. Stock is pretty low on new Rangers out here.

I considered getting a Canyon for a while but there are virtually none of them on dealer lots, Canyons and Colorado's are wildly more popular than Rangers out here. Stoked to have a truck that is a bit less common on the road after all said and done. Only seen a handful since I picked it up.

MathGod

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Educator
Ok, I've asked this before, why would anyone pay off a 0% interest loan early? That interest you are paying is money you can use to earn...interest. I look at it as free money. Use that money to pay off a loan that charges you interest. Use that money to pay off a credit card. Use it to pay off, or down, a student loan or mortgage payment. Use that money to buy a CD or Savings Bond. Put more money in a 401k or Roth IRA.

This is the same thinking that motivates people to give the government an interest free loan all year so they can get a big tax refund the following year.
Totally understand your reasoning.

The reason I did not want to go for 84 months was being upside down on my equity.

More mental to me I guess.

leadtheway

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No
I'm looking at a new (<50 miles on odo) 2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4 crew cab White Platinum Tri-coat exterior Ebony leather interior. MSRP listed is just over 42k, they are asking 35.5. It includes the tow package (but not locking dif) and running boards. Does not have the advanced tech package, no bed liner, no appearance packages or Fx4. I would personally add the dampening tailgate and probably a rhino spray in later. I'm not very interested in the appearance packages or Fx4. The tech package would be good, though not sure it would be worth another 2k+.

They advertise no dealer fees, doc fees, hidden fees. The only thing included in the price is $500 retail bonus cash, $750 ford credit, $750 retail customer cash. So even if they took one of those away, looking at maybe around 37 OTD asking ($500 max state tax, SC)? So if I could "talk them down" to their asking price OTD, say offer them 35.5 OTD, how good of a deal would that be for this package? They, and the other Ford dealerships I've been to, seem very eager for the sale. Had a sales rep at a different location basically chase me as I drove around the lot checking out what they had. Perhaps since this one is a 2019, they need to get rid of it? Might be hard to sell a 2019 "new" when 2021 rolls around in 3 months...

So what do you all think? This would be around 15% under MSRP and that was basically their opening offer. I have heard a lot of places do either every incentive included, then you show up and find out you don't get them all and the price goes up 5k. And then the other dealerships mark it up even above MSRP and let you "talk them down" a few grand but that's still well above some other good deals. I've always bought used cars in the past so this would be my first new purchase. Oh and no financing if that makes a difference.

Looking at the start of this thread, it looks like people were paying around MSRP OTD. Perhaps because it was reintroduced in 2019 so they got it first and demand was higher? I can't imagine demand would be all that high now with so many unemployed, etc. Thanks for your time.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I'm looking at a new (<50 miles on odo) 2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4 crew cab White Platinum Tri-coat exterior Ebony leather interior. MSRP listed is just over 42k, they are asking 35.5. It includes the tow package (but not locking dif) and running boards. Does not have the advanced tech package, no bed liner, no appearance packages or Fx4. I would personally add the dampening tailgate and probably a rhino spray in later. I'm not very interested in the appearance packages or Fx4. The tech package would be good, though not sure it would be worth another 2k+.

They advertise no dealer fees, doc fees, hidden fees. The only thing included in the price is $500 retail bonus cash, $750 ford credit, $750 retail customer cash. So even if they took one of those away, looking at maybe around 37 OTD asking ($500 max state tax, SC)? So if I could "talk them down" to their asking price OTD, say offer them 35.5 OTD, how good of a deal would that be for this package? They, and the other Ford dealerships I've been to, seem very eager for the sale. Had a sales rep at a different location basically chase me as I drove around the lot checking out what they had. Perhaps since this one is a 2019, they need to get rid of it? Might be hard to sell a 2019 "new" when 2021 rolls around in 3 months...

So what do you all think? This would be around 15% under MSRP and that was basically their opening offer. I have heard a lot of places do either every incentive included, then you show up and find out you don't get them all and the price goes up 5k. And then the other dealerships mark it up even above MSRP and let you "talk them down" a few grand but that's still well above some other good deals. I've always bought used cars in the past so this would be my first new purchase. Oh and no financing if that makes a difference.

Looking at the start of this thread, it looks like people were paying around MSRP OTD. Perhaps because it was reintroduced in 2019 so they got it first and demand was higher? I can't imagine demand would be all that high now with so many unemployed, etc. Thanks for your time.
My opinion is that given the current climate (limited supply due to the plants shutting down for covid), that is a pretty good deal. If things were "normal", I'd say it should be lower since it is almost 2 model years old now and even thought it is new, you will be eating the depreciation. But when used trucks are selling for as much as brand new trucks, all the "normal" rules don't seem to apply. I'd say if they go for the 35.5 out the door, do it.

leadtheway

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No
My opinion is that given the current climate (limited supply due to the plants shutting down for covid), that is a pretty good deal. If things were "normal", I'd say it should be lower since it is almost 2 model years old now and even thought it is new, you will be eating the depreciation. But when used trucks are selling for as much as brand new trucks, all the "normal" rules don't seem to apply. I'd say if they go for the 35.5 out the door, do it.
Thanks, that was kinda what I was thinking. Maybe offer them 35 OTD and "let them talk me up" to.... 36.5? I think I'd be content paying that much. If you don't mind me asking, how much was yours in your sig? $2000 tech package add, 1300 FX4, 1k? tonneau, custom order right at the get go premium, at least 40 plus tax right? (edit: No sales tax in Oregon, envious) Maybe even a few grand premium for the early bird and order so mid 40's?

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, that was kinda what I was thinking. Maybe offer them 35 OTD and "let them talk me up" to.... 36.5? I think I'd be content paying that much. If you don't mind me asking, how much was yours in your sig? $2000 tech package add, 1300 FX4, 1k? tonneau, custom order right at the get go premium, at least 40 plus tax right? (edit: No sales tax in Oregon, envious) Maybe even a few grand premium for the early bird and order so mid 40's?
I did X-Plan so mine ended up right around 40 plus fees (title, reg plus a small doc fee). I got a couple rebates plus a $750 "early adopter" rebate. Sticker was 44. As you said, no sales tax. Although I love no sales tax, they get you in other ways, so we still pay. :LOL:

At the end of the day, you just need to be happy with what you pay. Things are so weird right now (and most likely will be for a while), you just have to be satisfied with what you are paying. I'm sure you will love the truck.
Sponsored