Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks! It's a small one-car garage so I'm trying to be clever. Hanging many things up high to free up floor space. Also thinking of getting a SwissTrax floor tile system or RaceDeck.

The reels should be solid and reduce the hassle of futzing with hoses and cords. I've also ordered an Eley garden hose reel. It's pretty costly ($349) but it's US made, so I'm happy about that. I may even chain it to a bush to keep honest folks honest. =D

Hey David, The reels look good. That is definitely the way to go. I did something similar.

Also here is an unsolicited endorsement. I went with Race Deck. They are about 5 years old and they still look great. My floor had several fairly big cracks, the tiles hid them very well. Good luck with your choice. I remember looking at SwissTrax and they looked good too. I think a sale was why I chose RaceDeck. You might call them and ask about any sales. They were good to work with.

Ceramic (2).jpg

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Folks,

Ranger delivered me to Sonora Quest labs for another cancer determination blood test. I got the screen of systems being disabled for the first time... I hope the battery is not failing again. Run to the Phlebotomist (owch) was only a bit over 2 miles. Almost got hit twice from these old fart drivers....Anyway...Ranger has not been driven for a romp on the freway for many months. Gotta take it out for a drive... Maybe to wake up Tito with a truck ride...he is still ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

best,
Phil

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
Hi Folks,

Ranger delivered me to Sonora Quest labs for another cancer determination blood test. I got the screen of systems being disabled for the first time... I hope the battery is not failing again. Run to the Phlebotomist (owch) was only a bit over 2 miles. Almost got hit twice from these old fart drivers....Anyway...Ranger has not been driven for a romp on the freway for many months. Gotta take it out for a drive... Maybe to wake up Tito with a truck ride...he is still ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

best,
Phil
praying for good news from the test! let us know how it goes phil

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Nice work David! Last year, took the wife's brand new Escape to Florida, got a chip on the way on I95, behind a semi hauling I-beams?. Had Safe-lite in FL come to my sister's place there to do that. Lousy job, they're supposed to be the pro's...ticks me off every time I drive her car, I can't not see it. Alternative now is replace the windshield which I don't want to do...
Hi Trevor,

The cheap Mechanics stethoscope with metal diaphragm deleted, using the tube will Id where the windshield leak is... Drive the vehicle and let a passenger search the windshield. This will id where you might be able to fix.. with some RTV..

Best,
Phil

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
Hey David, The reels look good. That is definitely the way to go. I did something similar.

Also here is an unsolicited endorsement. I went with Race Deck. They are about 5 years old and they still look great. My floor had several fairly big cracks, the tiles hid them very well. Good luck with your choice. I remember looking at SwissTrax and they looked good too. I think a sale was why I chose RaceDeck. You might call them and ask about any sales. They were good to work with.

Ceramic (2).jpg
I think RaceDeck is US, so I'd like that but I thought they were not as flexible as SwissTrax.

But it sounds like it does well for you with cracks. Our floor has a raised crack and that's my biggest concern.

Any more insight would be greatly appreciated.

Your garage looks fantastic! Really nicely done (Ranger center piece is the star!).

I hope to insulate ours with Rockwool (I think @Kristina recommends it) and finish the walls myself. Maybe some form of vinyl or waterproof surface for the first 4 feet so Kate can detail her car in winter).

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
Started the day with a mini Dump Run, so that was good.

Then brought Cheech to the vet for a nail trim. The last time he bled like a stuck pig and I'm glad we had two towels in the truck, the amount from one badly trimmed nail was tremendous.

But all was good this time.

I even parked well enough to take a pic - too bad I walked around the back because what I saw negated an okay parking job.

Then on the way back I watched a rock make a 1/2" chip in Soupie's windshield! Bah, that sucked.

But as sucky as that was. my yet-to-be-affixed 2023 dump sticker blew out the window from the center dash tray thing. I even pulled over to look for it, but it was sooo windy and cold.

But no worries, swung by Public Works and got a new one (I'm kind of surprised they don't have a parking spot reserved for Soupie).

Dropped the Cheech off at home, goggled chip windshield kits, watched a ChrisFix video and went to O'Reilly's to get one for $15.

Despite it being 36°, the sun was out and it did a decent job.

what an awesome parking job ...
IMG_20230330_134208579.jpg

oh doh! sorry little tree ....
IMG_20230330_134225683.jpg

fresh from a mani-pedi!
IMG_20230330_134712382.jpg

bah!
IMG_20230330_141617828_BURST000_COVER.jpg

stick a double-back dealio on the windshield
1680216986502.jpeg

stick the "pedestal" onto the tape
IMG_20230330_151336362.jpg

squirt some resin in and then channel your inner junkie - this pulls a vacuum on the resin
1680217526001.jpeg

this is what it looks like from inside
IMG_20230330_152951176.jpg

remove the syringe to let air in, put it back in and push down to apply pressure (a clip holds the syringe in the proper position) - this is what it looks like after 10 minutes
IMG_20230330_153434834.jpg

remove the syringe, pedestal, and double-back tape - add some resin and cover with a plastic UV activation something-or-other
IMG_20230330_160507248.jpg

voila! no chip but there is a little outline of the resin, I was able to remove some with rubbing alcohol and a razor blade (again, channeling my inner junkie). I think it's so cold that it probably didn't fully cure, but it will. I was extra worried about the chip because I have State Inspection next week and was either going to cover up the chip with bird poop or fix it. I think it'll pass (unless it starts to crack - only time will tell)
IMG_20230330_175803073.jpg

what a day! but I did continue some good garage organizing and ran my air line to the compressor and hung up 5 lawn tools

this Home Depot platform thingie is fantastic!

IMG_20230330_160736928.jpg
David,
Thought about you when I came across this scene. Looks like this guy needs some serious help! âš  :stop:

Maybe you ought to start a "Dump Runner School " with training for the owners and their dogs?! ?‍? :clap:

Side.jpg

Rear.jpg

Last edited:

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
I think RaceDeck is US, so I'd like that but I thought they were not as flexible as SwissTrax.

But it sounds like it does well for you with cracks. Our floor has a raised crack and that's my biggest concern.

Any more insight would be greatly appreciated.

Your garage looks fantastic! Really nicely done (Ranger center piece is the star!).

I hope to insulate ours with Rockwool (I think @Kristina recommends it) and finish the walls myself. Maybe some form of vinyl or waterproof surface for the first 4 feet so Kate can detail her car in winter).
Thanks.
My floor was pretty bad with cracks and many years of stains and paint spills etc. I chipped the edge off of the worst crack with a hammer and chisel, then filled the cracks with grout. The tiles were fairly easy to install. They suggest that you stomp on them to lock them together. It didn't take long for my old knees, ankles and hips to tell me that wasn't a good plan. A rubber mallet worked just fine and saved me some pain.

One minor draw back. If I leave the overhead door open in the summer and the sun heats up the tiles, they expand some and buckle up in the middle. You are supposed to leave some space around the perimeter edges to prevent this. I did that, but I have some heavy tool boxes and things that kind of hold them from moving. Not really a problem for me because I have a ductless HVAC unit in there and normally keep it climate controlled.

During the winter I usually have two cars (garage queens) :LOL: hiding out on them and there are no bad effects. A few years ago I rebuilt the suspension on an ATV in there and all the grease and mess cleaned up easily and left no stains. All in all I am very happy with them.

My garage is attached and was insulated and drywalled when built. I think if I was insulating now, I would look at spray on foam, and then some sort of paneling. Your idea of a water proof lower section sounds like a good idea.

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
game publisher
David,
Thought about you when I came across this scene. Looks like this guy needs some serious help! âš  :stop:

Maybe you ought to start a "Dump Runner School " with training for the owners and their dogs?! ?‍? :clap:

Side.jpg

Rear.jpg
Hey, it's red! That's a good start.

A Dump Runner School sounds like a garbage of an idea! Only the best of the trash will graduate.

With Dean OrangeStreak, we can't fail!

TVRangerSTX

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercab XLT; 1969 Mercury Cougar convertible; Honda 500XL
Occupation
Bethlehem Steel/Self-Employed Metallurgist

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
game publisher

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
game publisher
Hi Folks,

best,
Phil
Cancer really sucks. Kate went through an incredible couple of years with as much pain meds as some vets missing limbs. She's on a much better track now with a thereapy that was only approved after she did three types of chemo, surgery, and radiation. But all that hard treatment bought her time to make it to a therapy that was miraculous.

I sure hope you're getting better news and aren't in any discomfort.

Now onto a more fun topic! Tito!!!

I have told so many people about Tito's big sleep and being at your wife's dresser. That one pic, holy smokes, he looked pretty out of it! I'd love to sleep that well! =)

Post more Tito pics, he has a huge fan club on this forum!

1680320672796.png