No more "What Did You Do to Your Ranger Threads"!

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Same thing I've said in other threads. If you are going to spend $75 on a 22" piece of grill spend the same amount of money on Amazon and put a light bar there. Least then you have something more than a 22" x 3" piece of metal.

$75 will get you a nice light bar (by Amazon standards) as long as you spend a few minutes to put some gasket maker on the seams.
Sponsored

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
I was wondering if anyone installed one of those bumper grills! Pretty big hole for a rock to get in there & cause some damage. Glad you mentioned that, I’m going to have to have one. Thanks
It arrives today. I'm still pi$$ed at Ford for letting them roll off the line like that. Pure stoopid.

I thought about getting the one with the hole for the speed sensor/cruise and putting a light in there "Elanor" style, but held off. If I really need lights, I need them in a different spot - higher up.

I still might get some Hardware Cloth (wire mesh) and paint it black and then mount that way behind the Putnam Grill in case smaller rocks make it through the big holes in the Putnam. We'll see when Putnam gets here.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
I only add things that solve a problem I'm having. I love the way some of the trucks here look. Lights, Racks, Wheels, Lifts, Covers - really good stuff.

But I haven't needed any of that stuff. I did notice a slight ding in the inter-cooler fins through the lower gaping opening so a putnam grill insert will be next. After that maybe hard-wiring the dash cam. But I just don't have the issues or need the luxuries that these enhanced Rangers provide.

Hell - I don't even have a dampener and while I have nothing against it, it doesn't solve an issue for me.
I was wondering if anyone installed one of those bumper grills! Pretty big hole for a rock to get in there & cause some damage. Glad you mentioned that, I’m going to have to have one. Thanks
Yeah Greg, damnit, I've dang near had a brain seizure trying to stay away from buying mods for my Ranger. And this forum hasn't helped at all. I saw the grill inserts, and almost had a stroke telling myself "don't do it, dooooon't do it". Because if I do, I know I won't stop. I'm so weak.......:frown:

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Yeah Greg, damnit, I've dang near had a brain seizure trying to stay away from buying mods for my Ranger. And this forum hasn't helped at all. I saw the grill inserts, and almost had a stroke telling myself "don't do it, dooooon't do it". Because if I do I know I won't stop. I'm so weak.......:frown:
I’m that little voice inside your head. It’s ok, I’ll just keep working on you! Eventually you’ll cave!!! ????

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
I’m that little voice inside your head. It’s ok, I’ll just keep working on you! Eventually you’ll cave!!! ????
Yeah, yeah, yeah, you've got my six, right brother. :bandit:

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
%2Fmedia.giphy.com%2Fmedia%2Fwi8Ez1mwRcKGI%2Fgiphy.gif

camel717

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4X4
Occupation
Finance
Okay, no more "What did you do to your Ranger today?" threads for me. I am officially broke! No offense if l don't read your posts about modifications for gizmos,shiny and bright things! I've owned my Ranger for 60 days and have added:
1. Rhino bedliner ( in the deal)
2. Running boards (in the deal)
3. Husky Liners
4. Black exhaust tip
5. Bak Revolver X4 bed cover
6. Tailgate Damper
7. Rokblokz mup flap
8. Raptor grill lights

I asked my wife if she would go back to work so I could buy a few more things. Dang, she got real pissy. You'd think after 51 years she'd be a little more supportive. So I'm done.
Hey I believe the man. Wanna know why? He got the tailgate damper. After you get that, you've officially done everything!

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
If there is any reason to, I decided to start a running spreadsheet of upgrades. Still adding but at least you know what you are putting into your truck with cost. Just don't let better half see it. These prices don't include tax or shipping for the most part. Most shipping is free and taxes are mostly from Amazon or local work.
spreadsht1.jpg
Good idea! I added a column for Ranger purchases with all my other expenses on my monthly budget spreadsheet. For some reason this is the only item that I ignore :whew:

Last edited:

JimInVA

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2121 Ranger Lariat/SCab/4x2, Took 8.5 months wait
Occupation
Retired Military
Okay, no more "What did you do to your Ranger today?" threads for me. I am officially broke! No offense if l don't read your posts about modifications for gizmos,shiny and bright things! I've owned my Ranger for 60 days and have added:
1. Rhino bedliner ( in the deal)
2. Running boards (in the deal)
3. Husky Liners
4. Black exhaust tip
5. Bak Revolver X4 bed cover
6. Tailgate Damper
7. Rokblokz mup flap
8. Raptor grill lights

I asked my wife if she would go back to work so I could buy a few more things. Dang, she got real pissy. You'd think after 51 years she'd be a little more supportive. So I'm done.
Lol. I know this is couple years old. But, true about wives that have had you for so long. They keep checking those ownership papers (marriage license thing) and exercising their whims on us. But, a man's got to do what a man's got to do.

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
Mods ought to converge these posts sose to get to 1000. Ps I havent spent one dime on trinkets and do dads.

Lone

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Hot Pepper
Mods ought to converge these posts sose to get to 1000. Ps I havent spent one dime on trinkets and do dads.
I once knew of woman of ill repute who went by the name Trinkets who claimed that she didn't do dads. I never spent any money on Trinkets, either. :like: