Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercab XLT; 1969 Mercury Cougar convertible; Honda 500XL
Occupation
Bethlehem Steel/Self-Employed Metallurgist
Thank you, David!
My day started as a disaster, continued as a mess and ended as pickup loading manual point Nr 6 tells to do.
First, bed cover wasn’t opening more than 1/3. I cancelled shower cabin delivery and drove to deliver few small things to a neighbor. Later tried again and wohoo! Worked!
Everything else is too long and messy story. Day was unexpectedly successful ?
I apologize for @subquark Kristina...the poster is derogatory, and no one needs to mansplain how to load a pickup truck to you!! Also noted the "manly" poster is from GM, apparently their owners need this reminder?
Sponsored

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
I apologize for @subquark Kristina...the poster is derogatory, and no one needs to mansplain how to load a pickup truck to you!! Also noted the "manly" poster is from GM, apparently their owners need this reminder?
LOL, thanks for catching me on that TVRangerSTX!

But @Kristina does more trucky things in a day than most of us do in a month - and she can certainly kick my butt when it comes to making full use of the Ranger's awesome capabilities (plus she has that wicked cool tonneau and the secret TAFFR lettering inside her bed.

1680392360228.png

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Folks,

Ranger delivered me to Sonora Quest labs for another cancer determination blood test. I got the screen of systems being disabled for the first time... I hope the battery is not failing again. Run to the Phlebotomist (owch) was only a bit over 2 miles. Almost got hit twice from these old fart drivers....Anyway...Ranger has not been driven for a romp on the freway for many months. Gotta take it out for a drive... Maybe to wake up Tito with a truck ride...he is still ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

best,
Phil
Blood test results show improvement...so no cancer in my immediate future....Whew. Poor Margie was so scared it was the beginning of the end... as I thought too...so tonight...a Scotch on the Rocks to celebrate...Doc says no one before had a value go down, only stay the same or up...

We have postponed Tito's wake up as another round of unnormal cold weather is upon us until Thursday.... I did give him a shell rub today...he responded slightly with foot movement but still ZZZZZZZ!

Best,
Phil

Trustable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Blood test results show improvement...so no cancer in my immediate future....Whew. Poor Margie was so scared it was the beginning of the end... as I thought too...so tonight...a Scotch on the Rocks to celebrate...Doc says no one before had a value go down, only stay the same or up...

We have postponed Tito's wake up as another round of unnormal cold weather is upon us until Thursday.... I did give him a shell rub today...he responded slightly with foot movement but still ZZZZZZZ!

Best,
Phil
Good to hear Phil!!

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather

Best,
Phil
great news Phil!!

FusedLogic

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT FX4 Splash
Occupation
Retired - Air Cargo Industry

Best,
Phil
Really glad to hear the good news Phil!

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase

Best,
Phil
4F8136D9-1422-498D-9469-DE7F95BDDFCA.gif

Glad to hear the good news Phil. ?

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.

Best,
Phil
Good news Phil, thanks for the update!

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
Took the Ranger on a little road trip to the Franklin County Indiana Antique equipment club Swap Meet. The Ranger loved traveling the back roads of Northern Ky. and southern IN.

Only thing I was temped to buy was some old brass steam whistles. The $300 each price tag
put a stop to that. Further research shows' that is about the current asking price. :confused:

Dang American Pickers have upped the price of junk, rusty gold as they call it. BTW I have not watched an episode since they dumped Frank.?

1680448161030.png

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat

Best,
Phil
Great news!

TVRangerSTX

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercab XLT; 1969 Mercury Cougar convertible; Honda 500XL
Occupation
Bethlehem Steel/Self-Employed Metallurgist
Took the Ranger on a little road trip to the Franklin County Indiana Antique equipment club Swap Meet. The Ranger loved traveling the back roads of Northern Ky. and southern IN.

Only thing I was temped to buy was some old brass steam whistles. The $300 each price tag
put a stop to that. Further research shows' that is about the current asking price. :confused:

Dang American Pickers have upped the price of junk, rusty gold as they call it. BTW I have not watched an episode since they dumped Frank.?

1680448161030.png
I've got an old brass steam whistle from the steel plant, used to signal start and quitting time, and lunch breaks. $$ And yeah, pickers got weird, although they've been in and near our area in PA a few times.
BTW, are you near Tell City, IN? Been there a few times to the Waupaca foundry. They make ALL the drums and rotors in every Toyota in the US (according to their plant manager, who drives a big-ass black Tundra).

WP_20141024_012.jpg

Last edited:

jflogerzi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DD/Tow CG MY22 Ranger XLT 2WD, Track Car FRS 2013
Bookmarking this! Thanks for the pics and report. I like that the intake helps preserve the deep wading depth the Ranger has. Not that I'll be doing any deep water corossings.

Those were some of the glory days in the FJ40, going to seat depth where if the engine dies, so does the vehicle! But what a blast!

Not me but this deep (many times and that's one reason the front drum brakes are so miserable, even with several rebuilds, also why I installed a Chevy starter):

1680362039999.png
God damn this place.. I might get an intake to go with my Livermore tune ?

MXGOLF

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lucille my 2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4 -2007 Yamaha FZ6
Occupation
Sales / Photographer
That's great new Phil. Hopefully Tito will want to wake up soon. We need both you and Tito on this forum. You both are legends! The weather has definitely been colder and wetter out west this winter then normal that's for sure.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
That's great new Phil. Hopefully Tito will want to wake up soon. We need both you and Tito on this forum. You both are legends! The weather has definitely been colder and wetter out west this winter then normal that's for sure.
very true. Phil is a wealth of info / experience many of us do not have. He was really helpful for my vibration issues.
Sponsored