Sponsored

What did you do WITH your Ranger today?

IdahoRanger

Well-Known Member
First Name
Steve
Joined
Sep 26, 2019
Threads
14
Messages
4,523
Reaction score
22,572
Location
Idaho
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
As my vacation week winds down, I simply had to get another dump run in. Rains and all, and it was a mighty tiny run, and maybe I have a problem and need an intervention!

Old gray Craftsman toolbox with a seized-up piano hinge held the engine instruments in the old FJ for the last 47 years! Things of the past like a timing light!

There was an envelope with instrument pamphlets in it with some receipts, showing the trailer park we lived at in Sycamore Illinois when I went to kindergarten (and also where I went behind a tree to "show me me yours and I'll show you mine" with a neighbor girl, only to be caught by my dad before I could see hers! Not that' im bitter about that 56 years later ... =D

IMG_20230401_102213353_HDR.webp
I just need to gas up for a cabin run Monday. End of ski season coming even after record snowfall.
Sponsored

 

OrangeStreak

Well-Known Member
First Name
Paul
Joined
Aug 18, 2020
Threads
32
Messages
3,195
Reaction score
13,984
Location
New Mexico
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
Hey, it's red! That's a good start.

A Dump Runner School sounds like a garbage of an idea! Only the best of the trash will graduate.

With Dean OrangeStreak, we can't fail!
I've got the feeling the guy is staying overnight on dump runs and sleeping on the mattresses. He needs some clinical counseling... :bandit: :inspect: :D
 
Last edited:

Kristina

Well-Known Member
First Name
Kristina
Joined
Aug 6, 2022
Threads
11
Messages
681
Reaction score
5,127
Location
Estonia
Vehicle(s)
6G Raptor week 40, Wildtrak `22 2.0 diesel - sold
You left the doors open. ?
I don’t know why but I have most of times doors open if I pick up ?
But this time I didn’t remember in which door I left my best friend ☝
CB17D682-9149-43BC-8E32-EAE14174A1A1.webp
 

Kristina

Well-Known Member
First Name
Kristina
Joined
Aug 6, 2022
Threads
11
Messages
681
Reaction score
5,127
Location
Estonia
Vehicle(s)
6G Raptor week 40, Wildtrak `22 2.0 diesel - sold
YES FTW!

I love Kristina, she's always doing trucky things with her Ranger!

Also pretty neat how the table top can slide under the swing case - bonus points!

1680361742003.webp
Thank you, David!
My day started as a disaster, continued as a mess and ended as pickup loading manual point Nr 6 tells to do.
First, bed cover wasn’t opening more than 1/3. I cancelled shower cabin delivery and drove to deliver few small things to a neighbor. Later tried again and wohoo! Worked!
Everything else is too long and messy story. Day was unexpectedly successful ?
 
Last edited:


IdahoRanger

Well-Known Member
First Name
Steve
Joined
Sep 26, 2019
Threads
14
Messages
4,523
Reaction score
22,572
Location
Idaho
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
Thank you, David!
My day started as a disaster, continued as a mess and ended as pickup loading manual point Nr 6 tells to do.
First, bed cover wasn’t opening more than 1/3. I cancelled shower cabin delivery and drove to deliver few small things to a neighbor. Later tried again and wohoo! Worked!
Everything else is too long and messy story. Day was unexpectedly successful ?
Story in the life of a truck owner.:D
 

KNI

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 10, 2021
Threads
13
Messages
1,316
Reaction score
5,598
Location
Finland
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor 2021
Picked up some stuff for our hunting clubs landowner party. While doing the pickup I stopped by to local tire shop where they repaired the leaking rear tire (a rock went through the contract surface - Nokian Hakkapeliitta LT3). While at it I also switched the studded winter tires to normal summer tires (General Grabber).
 

TVRangerSTX

Well-Known Member
First Name
Trevor
Joined
Oct 3, 2019
Threads
4
Messages
749
Reaction score
3,655
Location
PA
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercab XLT; 1969 Mercury Cougar convertible; Honda 500XL
Occupation
Bethlehem Steel/Self-Employed Metallurgist
Thank you, David!
My day started as a disaster, continued as a mess and ended as pickup loading manual point Nr 6 tells to do.
First, bed cover wasn’t opening more than 1/3. I cancelled shower cabin delivery and drove to deliver few small things to a neighbor. Later tried again and wohoo! Worked!
Everything else is too long and messy story. Day was unexpectedly successful ?
I apologize for @subquark Kristina...the poster is derogatory, and no one needs to mansplain how to load a pickup truck to you!! Also noted the "manly" poster is from GM, apparently their owners need this reminder?
 

subquark

Well-Known Member
First Name
David
Joined
Jan 28, 2022
Threads
11
Messages
4,566
Reaction score
23,251
Location
Portsmouth, NH
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
I apologize for @subquark Kristina...the poster is derogatory, and no one needs to mansplain how to load a pickup truck to you!! Also noted the "manly" poster is from GM, apparently their owners need this reminder?
LOL, thanks for catching me on that TVRangerSTX!

But @Kristina does more trucky things in a day than most of us do in a month - and she can certainly kick my butt when it comes to making full use of the Ranger's awesome capabilities (plus she has that wicked cool tonneau and the secret TAFFR lettering inside her bed.

1680392360228.webp
 

P. A. Schilke

Well-Known Member
First Name
Phil
Joined
Apr 3, 2019
Threads
149
Messages
7,084
Reaction score
37,224
Location
GV Arizona
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
1
Hi Folks,

Ranger delivered me to Sonora Quest labs for another cancer determination blood test. I got the screen of systems being disabled for the first time... I hope the battery is not failing again. Run to the Phlebotomist (owch) was only a bit over 2 miles. Almost got hit twice from these old fart drivers....Anyway...Ranger has not been driven for a romp on the freway for many months. Gotta take it out for a drive... Maybe to wake up Tito with a truck ride...he is still ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

best,
Phil
Blood test results show improvement...so no cancer in my immediate future....Whew. Poor Margie was so scared it was the beginning of the end... as I thought too...so tonight...a Scotch on the Rocks to celebrate...Doc says no one before had a value go down, only stay the same or up...

We have postponed Tito's wake up as another round of unnormal cold weather is upon us until Thursday.... I did give him a shell rub today...he responded slightly with foot movement but still ZZZZZZZ!

Best,
Phil
 

Trustable

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2021
Threads
14
Messages
816
Reaction score
2,058
Location
Michigan
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Blood test results show improvement...so no cancer in my immediate future....Whew. Poor Margie was so scared it was the beginning of the end... as I thought too...so tonight...a Scotch on the Rocks to celebrate...Doc says no one before had a value go down, only stay the same or up...

We have postponed Tito's wake up as another round of unnormal cold weather is upon us until Thursday.... I did give him a shell rub today...he responded slightly with foot movement but still ZZZZZZZ!

Best,
Phil
Good to hear Phil!!
 

9zero1790

Well-Known Member
First Name
Mark
Joined
Nov 29, 2021
Threads
50
Messages
7,143
Reaction score
24,329
Location
DFW Texas
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
Blood test results show improvement...so no cancer in my immediate future....Whew. Poor Margie was so scared it was the beginning of the end... as I thought too...so tonight...a Scotch on the Rocks to celebrate...Doc says no one before had a value go down, only stay the same or up...

We have postponed Tito's wake up as another round of unnormal cold weather is upon us until Thursday.... I did give him a shell rub today...he responded slightly with foot movement but still ZZZZZZZ!

Best,
Phil
great news Phil!!
 

FusedLogic

Well-Known Member
First Name
Fred
Joined
Mar 26, 2022
Threads
9
Messages
335
Reaction score
1,623
Location
Georgia
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT FX4 Splash
Occupation
Retired - Air Cargo Industry
Blood test results show improvement...so no cancer in my immediate future....Whew. Poor Margie was so scared it was the beginning of the end... as I thought too...so tonight...a Scotch on the Rocks to celebrate...Doc says no one before had a value go down, only stay the same or up...

We have postponed Tito's wake up as another round of unnormal cold weather is upon us until Thursday.... I did give him a shell rub today...he responded slightly with foot movement but still ZZZZZZZ!

Best,
Phil
Really glad to hear the good news Phil!
Sponsored

 
 








Top