Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Cancer really sucks. Kate went through an incredible couple of years with as much pain meds as some vets missing limbs. She's on a much better track now with a thereapy that was only approved after she did three types of chemo, surgery, and radiation. But all that hard treatment bought her time to make it to a therapy that was miraculous.

I sure hope you're getting better news and aren't in any discomfort.

Now onto a more fun topic! Tito!!!

I have told so many people about Tito's big sleep and being at your wife's dresser. That one pic, holy smokes, he looked pretty out of it! I'd love to sleep that well! =)

Post more Tito pics, he has a huge fan club on this forum!

1680320672796.png
Hi David,

Yesterday Margie dropped a slice of strawberry on the tile floor, so I took it over to where Tito is sleeping in her computer desk toe kick and slid it up against his nose. No interest as he is really zonked. The other week he had somewhat centered himself in the toe kick so Margie slid her feet either side of him. He woke up and used his shell to push her left foot out of the opening,,,then moved to the right and pushed her right foot out of the toe kick....then back to center and back to sleep...ZZZZZZZZZZZ We will begin the wake up process which involves warm baths 4 times a day for about a week. Still too early to feed him but trying to get him moving around a bit. We have had an unusually cold winter here this year and the signal to wake up is ground temp of over 60°F. Being in the house the tile is at 72° so you would think he would be awake but not the case...

TitoApril.jpg

TitoApril1.jpg

Best,
Phil

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
Hi David,

Yesterday Margie dropped a slice of strawberry on the tile floor, so I took it over to where Tito is sleeping in her computer desk toe kick and slid it up against his nose. No interest as he is really zonked. The other week he had somewhat centered himself in the toe kick so Margie slid her feet either side of him. He woke up and used his shell to push her left foot out of the opening,,,then moved to the right and pushed her right foot out of the toe kick....then back to center and back to sleep...ZZZZZZZZZZZ We will begin the wake up process which involves warm baths 4 times a day for about a week. Still too early to feed him but trying to get him moving around a bit. We have had an unusually cold winter here this year and the signal to wake up is ground temp of over 60°F. Being in the house the tile is at 72° so you would think he would be awake but not the case...

TitoApril.jpg

TitoApril1.jpg

Best,
Phil
Gotta have your space! Too funny about moving her feet, Tito has quite the personality and , if not already confirmed, I nominate Tito as the Ranger5G mascot and goodwill ambassador!

Thank you for the pics, Tito has endeared himsef to Kate who also loves seeing his pics (and she's an admin at Tufts Vetinary School, so extra kudos!

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
game publisher
YES FTW!

I love Kristina, she's always doing trucky things with her Ranger!

Also pretty neat how the table top can slide under the swing case - bonus points!

1680361742003.png

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
game publisher
Just added a S&B cold air intake ! WOW! What a difference. The throttle response is right now, it woke up my ROUSH exhaust and I can feel more pull. Plus it just looks cool
DSC00111.JPG

DSC00110.JPG
Bookmarking this! Thanks for the pics and report. I like that the intake helps preserve the deep wading depth the Ranger has. Not that I'll be doing any deep water corossings.

Those were some of the glory days in the FJ40, going to seat depth where if the engine dies, so does the vehicle! But what a blast!

Not me but this deep (many times and that's one reason the front drum brakes are so miserable, even with several rebuilds, also why I installed a Chevy starter):

1680362039999.png

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
game publisher
As my vacation week winds down, I simply had to get another dump run in. Rains and all, and it was a mighty tiny run, and maybe I have a problem and need an intervention!

Old gray Craftsman toolbox with a seized-up piano hinge held the engine instruments in the old FJ for the last 47 years! Things of the past like a timing light!

There was an envelope with instrument pamphlets in it with some receipts, showing the trailer park we lived at in Sycamore Illinois when I went to kindergarten (and also where I went behind a tree to "show me me yours and I'll show you mine" with a neighbor girl, only to be caught by my dad before I could see hers! Not that' im bitter about that 56 years later ... =D

IMG_20230401_102213353_HDR.jpg

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
As my vacation week winds down, I simply had to get another dump run in. Rains and all, and it was a mighty tiny run, and maybe I have a problem and need an intervention!

Old gray Craftsman toolbox with a seized-up piano hinge held the engine instruments in the old FJ for the last 47 years! Things of the past like a timing light!

There was an envelope with instrument pamphlets in it with some receipts, showing the trailer park we lived at in Sycamore Illinois when I went to kindergarten (and also where I went behind a tree to "show me me yours and I'll show you mine" with a neighbor girl, only to be caught by my dad before I could see hers! Not that' im bitter about that 56 years later ... =D

IMG_20230401_102213353_HDR.jpg
I just need to gas up for a cabin run Monday. End of ski season coming even after record snowfall.

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
Hey, it's red! That's a good start.

A Dump Runner School sounds like a garbage of an idea! Only the best of the trash will graduate.

With Dean OrangeStreak, we can't fail!
I've got the feeling the guy is staying overnight on dump runs and sleeping on the mattresses. He needs some clinical counseling... :bandit: :inspect: :D

Last edited:

Kristina

First Name
Kristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6G Raptor week 40, Wildtrak `22 2.0 diesel - sold
You left the doors open. ?
I don’t know why but I have most of times doors open if I pick up ?
But this time I didn’t remember in which door I left my best friend ☝
CB17D682-9149-43BC-8E32-EAE14174A1A1.jpeg

Kristina

First Name
Kristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6G Raptor week 40, Wildtrak `22 2.0 diesel - sold
YES FTW!

I love Kristina, she's always doing trucky things with her Ranger!

Also pretty neat how the table top can slide under the swing case - bonus points!

1680361742003.png
Thank you, David!
My day started as a disaster, continued as a mess and ended as pickup loading manual point Nr 6 tells to do.
First, bed cover wasn’t opening more than 1/3. I cancelled shower cabin delivery and drove to deliver few small things to a neighbor. Later tried again and wohoo! Worked!
Everything else is too long and messy story. Day was unexpectedly successful ?

Last edited:

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
Thank you, David!
My day started as a disaster, continued as a mess and ended as pickup loading manual point Nr 6 tells to do.
First, bed cover wasn’t opening more than 1/3. I cancelled shower cabin delivery and drove to deliver few small things to a neighbor. Later tried again and wohoo! Worked!
Everything else is too long and messy story. Day was unexpectedly successful ?
Story in the life of a truck owner.:D

KNI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor 2021
Picked up some stuff for our hunting clubs landowner party. While doing the pickup I stopped by to local tire shop where they repaired the leaking rear tire (a rock went through the contract surface - Nokian Hakkapeliitta LT3). While at it I also switched the studded winter tires to normal summer tires (General Grabber).