No more "What Did You Do to Your Ranger Threads"!

KJRR

First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon
You know, maybe the engineers knew what they were doing when they gave us the base truck with the opportunities to make it our own. The 'RANGER' impression on the tailgate just waiting to be dressed up, the hood just waiting for some matte black stipes, the chance to lift it and put some oversize tires in the wheel well openings, bed liners, bed covers, ladder racks, sports bars, mud flaps, running boards, skid plates... and of course the lack of a tailgate damper. Its a blank canvas just waiting for personalization.
I've accessorized vehicles before but this is my first truck and probably my last because I'll be broke.
:facepalm::LOL:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
You know, maybe the engineers knew what they were doing when they gave us the base truck with the opportunities to make it our own. The 'RANGER' impression on the tailgate just waiting to be dressed up, the hood just waiting for some matte black stipes, the chance to lift it and put some oversize tires in the wheel well openings, bed liners, bed covers, ladder racks, sports bars, mud flaps, running boards, skid plates... and of course the lack of a tailgate damper. Its a blank canvas just waiting for personalization.
I've accessorized vehicles before but this is my first truck and probably my last because I'll be broke.
:facepalm::LOL:
I've done more to this truck than any other I've owned thanks to this forum. ? I've had 9 other trucks before my Ranger and I've never done anything to them but a drop in bed liner and a bed mat. The only thing stoping me from doing more is I only keep mine for 3 years (business write off) and anything more just isn't worth it. Also if there's going to be a Ranger Raptor I want one as long as it's not ridiculously priced.

Last edited:

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
I only add things that solve a problem I'm having. I love the way some of the trucks here look. Lights, Racks, Wheels, Lifts, Covers - really good stuff.

But I haven't needed any of that stuff. I did notice a slight ding in the inter-cooler fins through the lower gaping opening so a putnam grill insert will be next. After that maybe hard-wiring the dash cam. But I just don't have the issues or need the luxuries that these enhanced Rangers provide.

Hell - I don't even have a dampener and while I have nothing against it, it doesn't solve an issue for me.

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
Man - you actually made me add it all up too! I was surprised I'm over $2,000!!!! And that doesn't include "extras" that were gifts....

Oh well, at least I can honestly say I love all of the add ons I've done. Worth the money I think.
I don't even wanna know my costs....? luckily for me my wife loves the truck, when she saw a leveled ranger with bigger wheels and tires SHE said "we need to do that to your truck, that's so cool!" I had to stop walking and think, is that my wife? LOL so I said well, I do have a wishlist, I've just never brought up. She's all in as long as we can budget it. So I am just eeking along here and there... ?

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I only add things that solve a problem I'm having. I love the way some of the trucks here look. Lights, Racks, Wheels, Lifts, Covers - really good stuff.

But I haven't needed any of that stuff. I did notice a slight ding in the inter-cooler fins through the lower gaping opening so a putnam grill insert will be next. After that maybe hard-wiring the dash cam. But I just don't have the issues or need the luxuries that these enhanced Rangers provide.

Hell - I don't even have a dampener and while I have nothing against it, it doesn't solve an issue for me.
Look deep into the depths of your soul...

Pinterest-2-1.jpg

That said, I think my Ranger is close to being done, at least for a little while.

I also said this right before I replaced my front speakers with the Rockford Fosgate components, so, accuracy of the statement may be suspect.

The only other thing I am for sure going to do is either replace all struts with the Bilsteins, replace only the rears with Eibach or Bilsteins, or do the full Eibach struts and springs.

apotocki

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Network Force Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
Well....I’ve kept of list of ‘stuff’ I’ve added to Maggie since I got her in Dec 2019. That list is now up to 27 separate items......and.....I just ordered 1 of my 2 remaining’ ‘wants/needs’ - Bilstein rear shocks. The remaining item is tires - and those are gonna wait until the ones I have wear quite a bit.
I owe all of this you folks on this forum. I have NEVER done so much to a vehicle before. Not complaining though as it’s all been worth it!

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Well....I’ve kept of list of ‘stuff’ I’ve added to Maggie since I got her in Dec 2019. That list is now up to 27 separate items......and.....I just ordered 1 of my 2 remaining’ ‘wants/needs’ - Bilstein rear shocks. The remaining item is tires - and those are gonna wait until the ones I have wear quite a bit.
I owe all of this you folks on this forum. I have NEVER done so much to a vehicle before. Not complaining though as it’s all been worth it!
Post up your thoughts on doing just the rear Bilsteins.

You may save me some $$$.

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase

Pinterest-2-1.jpg

That said, I think my Ranger is close to being done, at least for a little while.

I also said this right before I replaced my front speakers with the Rockford Fosgate components, so, accuracy of the statement may be suspect.

The only other thing I am for sure going to do is either replace all struts with the Bilsteins, replace only the rears with Eibach or Bilsteins, or do the full Eibach struts and springs.
"Close to being done" that's like me saying I have enough guns and tools LOL

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
"Close to being done" that's like me saying I have enough guns and tools LOL
Close only counts for horse shoes, hand grenades and Nuclear weapons..

best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase

Pinterest-2-1.jpg

I've got to say, that after doing the Eibach rears only and then the from leveling Sports, the truck went from great to super duper fantastic. I had the fronts set to the .75 and used factory springs. Been rock solid since. Just added to the reasons to keep on smilin...and it didn't cost an arm and a leg so I can get other "needed" mods I'm not doing lol!!

Walkman

First Name
Walker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT, wife’s car 2017 Edge Titanium
Occupation
Retired

I was wondering if anyone installed one of those bumper grills! Pretty big hole for a rock to get in there & cause some damage. Glad you mentioned that, I’m going to have to have one. Thanks
Sponsored