30AughtTex

30AughtTex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 4Runner, 18 Escape Titanium
Occupation
Oil/Gas R&D
Good luck with your new truck! I don't understand why anyone cares or has to ridicule others if they jump ship. With that said thank God it's not a Taco! :whew:?
After all of your Taco bad mouthing I never could! Besides, I'm coming out of a 4Runner and I don't want more of that :rolleyes:
Sponsored

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
They all look the same from 40ft away anyway. "'Zat your F-150 in the back row?" "Uh...yeah, yeah..."
Unknown.jpeg
images-2.jpeg

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
One of my ridding buddies has a new Ram 3500 an every other word out of his mouth is about how great it is. We rag the crap outta him. Asking if he got an extra six pack of transmissions for it an stuff.

Like the thread somewhere on here said: you be you. you gotta get what fits your needs and budget.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
It's my first one. I've had lots of Fords, but can't beat the deal. The brand has been good to my mom and a couple buddies, so I'll give em a go.
I bought a '19 Wrangler, and to date it's only been back for oil changes. Ram makes a great truck. Enjoy

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
If it won't fit in my garage I ain't buying it! Fuel tank punctures and cat thefts are running wild out here, and cameras only tell me after the fact, not when I can still shoot the bastards!

MikeyB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Retired
I picked up a 2022 RAM QuadCab LoneStar (level 1 package) V6 4x4 on Tuesday with a $9,000 discount. It came out to $22 (yes, $22) more than my Ranger MSRP and about $2500 more than my price would be after X-Plan and the PCO I received recently. The RAM stickered at $47k, and I picked it up for $38k with no adds-ons, mark-up, or hassle at all. It has far, far more features than I ordered, and I'm a tall guy so the extra room is very much appreciated. It also has 95% of what Ford removed for 2022 included... And a built in tailgate damper for y'all that are into that.

I will miss this forum, the interactions on here have been fun! Goodbye, and best of luck to all of you still waiting!

20220412_201204.jpg
That's a nice truck. Enjoy it in good health. I like silver (and chrome).My previous truck was silver.
The 3.6 Pentastar 6 cyl is a very good engine, smooth running and quiet. I had that motor in my '14 Grand Cherokee. Plenty of pulling power, though not a V8. They ironed out all the kinks in that motor.
Many care-free miles!

Last edited:
OP
OP
30AughtTex

30AughtTex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 4Runner, 18 Escape Titanium
Occupation
Oil/Gas R&D
That's a nice truck. Enjoy it in good health. I like silver (and chrome).My previous truck was silver.
The 3.6 Pentastar 6 cyl is a very good engine, smooth running and quiet. I had that motor in my '14 Grand Cherokee. Plenty of pulling power, though not a V8. They ironed out all the kinks in that motor.
Many care-free miles!
I'm very happy with how it looks! Nothing will change other than adding nerf bars. You definitely nailed how I'd describe the 6. It lacks the on demand torque, but once moving its got plenty of power.

Thank you for the kind words and sharing your experience!

Last edited:

MikeyB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Retired
I'm very happy with how it looks! Nothing will change other than adding nerf bars. You definitely nailed how I'd describe the 6. It lacks the on demand torque, but once moving its got plenty of power.

Thank you for the kind words and sharing your experience!
You'll be surprised how much torque that motor has, trust me. if you don't tow mega tonnage, that truck will serve you nicely. I remember the owners manual for my GC, stated synthetic oil not necessary. Things might've chanced since then but that motor is not hard-working on oil. Good luck!
I know...this is a Ranger forum.......
Still Love my Ranger

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
I picked up a 2022 RAM QuadCab LoneStar (level 1 package) V6 4x4 on Tuesday with a $9,000 discount. It came out to $22 (yes, $22) more than my Ranger MSRP and about $2500 more than my price would be after X-Plan and the PCO I received recently. The RAM stickered at $47k, and I picked it up for $38k with no adds-ons, mark-up, or hassle at all. It has far, far more features than I ordered, and I'm a tall guy so the extra room is very much appreciated. It also has 95% of what Ford removed for 2022 included... And a built in tailgate damper for y'all that are into that.

I will miss this forum, the interactions on here have been fun! Goodbye, and best of luck to all of you still waiting!

20220412_201204.jpg
I'm glad you got a vehicle you are happy with. :like:

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase

20220412_201204.jpg
Before you leave us definitely, how do you like the ride? The sound system?

ControlNode

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Civic "2000S"/16 Focus RS/21 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Computers
I bought a '19 Wrangler, and to date it's only been back for oil changes. Ram makes a great truck. Enjoy
The `16 Wrangler my wife has been the opposite story. Seems like every few months something else is wrong with it. axle seals, tie rod, crank pully, ignition coils, radiators. And she never goes off-roading with it.
Sponsored