First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
My son has a 2020 Ram 1500 Rebel. The Rebel is the Ram equivalent to a F150 Tremor. He has about 25k on it and it has been trouble free. The interior makes my Lariat look like a base interior. My only issue with the truck is the size, it is just to big.

Prior to the Ranger I had 3 Dodge Dakota they were great trucks. Two of the went well over 200,000 trouble free miles. The third one had 130k on it but it was 20 years old, ran great but was rusting away.

If Ram/Dodge still offered the Dakota I would likely be driving one instead of the Ranger.
Sponsored

Utah_Bound

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, 2021 Renegade Upland 4x4
Occupation
Plumber
I had a 2019 1500 Lonestar that I purchased for 33k, traded it in for 43k a year later (Covid). It was a great truck, smooth as silk, and I sometimes miss the Hemi. Definitely a different kind of truck than the Ranger. Very different. Grats on your purchase!

OP
OP
30AughtTex

30AughtTex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 4Runner, 18 Escape Titanium
Occupation
Oil/Gas R&D
Before you leave us definitely, how do you like the ride? The sound system?
The ride is phenomenal. It's incredibly comfortable! It's not an upgraded system, just the standard 6 speakers but I think it sounds pretty good. It's very basey on a flat eq but after a few tweaks it's good enough I'm not messing with it!

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
This is yet another example of a threat I started a while back about how Rangers and rams get cross shopped for some unexplained reason. Many weird examples.

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
Nice truck - hoping it works out. If I were to buy a full size pickup, RAM would definitely be on my list. I'm still fond of the 1st gen Dakota - the original midsize pickup here in America. Recalling the Sport Convertible and Shelby Editions.

622811-1000-0@2x.jpeg

1560751324b1_hd_1989-dodge-shelby-dakota.jpeg

OP
OP
30AughtTex

30AughtTex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 4Runner, 18 Escape Titanium
Occupation
Oil/Gas R&D
This is yet another example of a threat I started a while back about how Rangers and rams get cross shopped for some unexplained reason. Many weird examples.
It is wierd... I also wasn't even considering anything from GM or the Frontier. I wouldn't mind a Titan, but they're ugly as sin. F150s are way way out of my price range right now.

I can say I only took a look out of boredom on Tuesday. Ram specifically because my mom's truck has impressed the crap out of me, and has gone 50k miles with no issues. This truck was priced very aggressively and was the lowest priced 4x4 Ram in my area, it was lower than a couple Classic Tradesmans. So I had to take a look and here we are.

LT Dangle

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FX4 (RIP), 21 Tremor, 20 Edge ST, Couple HD's
Occupation
Trophy Husband / "Sanitation Worker" / Army Vet
I went from a Silverado, to 2 sierras, to a 2019 Ram Rebel. The Rebel was definitely my favorite for many reasons..... but holy shit was she thirsty.... even babying her i was lucky to average 15.5mpgs. oh well.... Lease was up and I didnt really need a full size truck anymore so new Ranger it is for me now.

20220411_191228.jpg

IMG_20190416_174347171.jpg

SFB

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Crew XLT Sport Black on Black with Magnetic trim, package 302A
Vehicle Showcase
We do what we do for ourselves and not JQP. They are good looking trucks and like Ford they are the bread and butter for Dodge or Ram or Chrysler..whatever their name is these days.
Enjoy it and I hope its a good ride for you.

DakotaGuy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger SuperCrew XLT Tremor
I had to drive a 1984 Ram in high school. My family was always Ford people, but dad got it cheap for a "school vehicle" even though it was in good shape. It looked good but seemed really old for being a 10 year old pickup at the time.

What a POS that turned out to be. Electronic problems all the time, carb would stick open on choke, no rust but the sheet metal was actually cracking on it. Finally the transmission died. Heck even the radio stopped working. So yeah I don't like any thing from the company formerly known as Chrysler, but people are free to purchase whatever they want.

That was a good buy. Even with my discounts and X plan I am still paying a little more then you did for that Ram, but I am getting a Tremor as well so it's hard to compare the two. Anyhow hope it runs well for you and it's exactly what you wanted. I have always been happiest when I found exactly what I want.

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
Cool truck! Rams are pretty nice. I hear these the top accessories to get with one is this and this.
Ha! I think you get free coupons for those things with the purchase of a ram. Maybe not a V-6 model though lol!

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Had an '02 Ram QuadCab, 360 instead of the Hemi, on 17" wheels. It was a great truck but I traded it for a Dakota because it didn't fit in my garage.

That Dakota was a piece of shit and ultimately soured me on Dodge. And midsized trucks. The memory of that experience almost kept me from buying the Ranger. Thought it was the size I didn't like. Glad I got over that.

JoeDop1

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired engineer
It's my first one. I've had lots of Fords, but can't beat the deal. The brand has been good to my mom and a couple buddies, so I'll give em a go.
Tell us how you feel in a couple thousand miles. hope it works out for you.

Carmell269

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Electric motor mechanic
Had an '02 Ram QuadCab, 360 instead of the Hemi, on 17" wheels. It was a great truck but I traded it for a Dakota because it didn't fit in my garage.

That Dakota was a piece of shit and ultimately soured me on Dodge. And midsized trucks. The memory of that experience almost kept me from buying the Ranger. Thought it was the size I didn't like. Glad I got over that.
My Dad owned a Dakota for a short time. I think it spent more time parked at the repair shop than it did at his home.
Sponsored