Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XL 4x4, STX, in Velocity Blue
Occupation
Engineer (Semi-Retired)
Vehicle Showcase
It's a Ford Falcon UTE that was made in Australia up until 2016. In the early 2000's I believe you could get the 3.9L V8 in one; the same one that came in the US Lincoln LS and Thunderbird at that time. They had a turbo inline 6 available in the last years. Ford, GM Holden and Toyota stopped making vehicles in OZ in the last decade. Oz Fords are now imported from Thailand, Vietnam and India, but they still operate a R&D center in Mebourne, which is where the 5- and 6G rangers were conceived.
That is what the Ridgeline WISHES it was. Fine looking sport truck. Following in the footsteps of the El Camino or the Ford Ranchero. Doesn't even need lowering. But you could...

Did they sell good?

Stevedbvik1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor XLT
Occupation
Retired
Definitely slower but I’ve never really needed anything fast. If I ever did tow with this it would be a small fishing boat. I’m also kinda relieved it’s slower however, so that when my kid get its one day he will be less likely to speed. Oh who am I kidding, all kids are idiots. They seek out ways to do dumb stuff, even in slower vehicles. ?
Yeah like that changes when you hit 30,40,50 or 60 ?

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
Kinda but I also liked the last gen Ford Taurus. It didn't sell well for some reason, but the SHO had the 3.5L ecoboost and AWD. Might be nice with a tune and some parts. Like many older Fords they blow water pumps though, stupid plastic water pumps.
I forgot to respond to this, sorry for the delay.

They didn't sell well because it is a Ford taurus.

Phantomfixer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX 4
I had looked at a Frontier Pro 4X before I decided on a Ranger.I really liked the Frontier but the steering was a deal breaker for me.It's like driving without power steering.I guess it would benefit off -roading but for a daily driver it kinda' sucked

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
That is what the Ridgeline WISHES it was. Fine looking sport truck. Following in the footsteps of the El Camino or the Ford Ranchero. Doesn't even need lowering. But you could...

Did they sell good?

Did they sell good?
I don't have any numbers for Australia, but they made the first "Ute" short for utility in 1934: a single vehicle meant to be comfortable and utilitarian. Ford AUS made them right up until 2016. The later years they were unibody, like the NA Explorer SportTrac, but were used commercially. They had a good following and a thriving aftermarket.
1934 Ford Coupe Utility
5c0bfe325197d49ece864e905e8b2af9.jpeg

Falcon Utes with aftermarket boxes. They could be ordered as a chassis cab like the Ranger there:
Unknown-1.jpeg
Unknown-2.jpeg

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase

FunInTheSun

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XL 4x4, STX, in Velocity Blue
Occupation
Engineer (Semi-Retired)
Vehicle Showcase

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
Wow! Not exactly what I had in mind...

This is South Florida. People would be tryin' to snatch my truck and slaughter it for black market beef...
You're so right! =D

I lived in Miami for 11 years and guys would come by with pickups with freezer units in the bed selling beef - it was always shady.

Maybe you need a gator motif!

Let us know what you do, I'm interested too. I did get the Putco grill insert but haven't installed it yet. Like you said, it will be hard to notice since it's black and shoved back in that hole.

Loomking forward to what you do and good luck! =)

OP
OP
Shoran12

Shoran12

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger STX
Occupation
Millwright
Nice truck! If mine gave me issues, I'd dump it too. Fortunately, I got one of the good 2019 trucks and I'm happy.
That’s awesome. If the truck drove without issues I would have definitely kept it. Overall the Ranger is great as long as it’s issue free.

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase