First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
The Dakota wasn't too bad until the final generation. For some reason those just weren't that great and looked too bloated for a mid sized pickup.
I can't give an honest comment since I never owned a Dakota. The first generation did appeal to me more than the later generations. A son in law of mine does own a 2006 2wd Extended Cab Dakota he bought used and likes alot - his first Dodge/RAM product. He loves my Ranger too!
Sponsored

NeptuneRanger

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Insurance Agency Owner AZ, CA, CO and WA.
Honey do these pants make my rear look big ? Two seconds before you leave for the event. A no win answer for all involved.

Part of the charm of this group is we keep it real. Best to ask before you buy, but hey here we are.

The last thing any person that just bought a new vehicle wants to hear is that they made a mistake. Let’s make a deal, stay in touch and let us know how you like it, the quality of the truck and your experience. We can all learn together. I have several clients that owned these trucks and sold them after two years, I won’t get into why, suffice it to say they spent time in the shop. The one issue the Dodge solves for you is your height and that is important. No sense buying a truck that makes you kink your neck to see or drive. Best of luck and stay in touch.

Last edited:
OP
OP
30AughtTex

30AughtTex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 4Runner, 18 Escape Titanium
Occupation
Oil/Gas R&D
Honey do these pants make my rear look big ? Two seconds before you leave for the event. A no win answer for all involved.

Part of the charm of this group is we keep it real. Best to ask before you buy, but hey here we are.

The last thing any person that just bought a new vehicle wants to hear is that they made a mistake. Let’s make a deal, stay in touch and let us know how you like it, the quality of the truck and your experience. We can all learn together. I have several clients that owned these trucks and sold them after two years, I won’t get into why, suffice it to say they spent time in the shop. The one issue the Dodge solves for you is your height and that is important. No sense buying a truck that makes you kink your neck to see or drive. Best of luck and stay in touch.
Well I'll try to do that. I'm going to hang around for a bit and keep my Rangers build milestones up to date for those waiting. I hope this truck disappoints all those looking down on this decision. This forum is incredible, and it's been mostly positive responses. I'm hoping to get many easy miles out of it.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Well I'll try to do that. I'm going to hang around for a bit and keep my Rangers build milestones up to date for those waiting. I hope this truck disappoints all those looking down on this decision. This forum is incredible, and it's been mostly positive responses. I'm hoping to get many easy miles out of it.
I think all vehicles today are a gamble with the parts and labor shortages. Many told me I was dumb for buying a Jeep and just keep waiting for my Bronco. I still have my Bronco order but wanted something to fill the gap and so far the Jeep has been good. Now I don't have many miles on it yet so I cant speak for the longevity of it. But as long as you're happy thats' all that matters.

Heck there are several here who've had problems with their Rangers so every manufacturer has their share of issues. I hope your new truck works out for you and come back and let us know how you like it and even if there are things you don't like. I can admit there are a few things I don't like about my Jeep but nothing major. Plus they all have a warranty so that'll give you peace of mind for a few years.
Sponsored