First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Did you at least drain the water before selling it? ?

Well, that's someone else's problem now. Good thing we don't get much rain here. lol
Sponsored

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, 2023 Escape PHEV
Dave (@AzScorpion), you have lifted me up from the depths of my despair. When you bought that J... thing (can't bring myself to say it) my world mostly crumbled around me and I lost all interest in life except for my Ranger. There wasn't joy in damper feuding anymore. I drifted in and out of this forum (my all time favorite) as I desperately searched for the meaning of life.

Now I'm back! All is right with the world again! Life is glorious!

1652665935964.png

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Dave (@AzScorpion), you have lifted me up from the depths of my despair. When you bought that J... thing (can't bring myself to say it) my world mostly crumbled around me and I lost all interest in life except for my Ranger. There wasn't joy in damper feuding anymore. I drifted in and out of this forum (my all time favorite) as I desperately searched for the meaning of life.

Now I'm back! All is right with the world again! Life is glorious!

1652665935964.png
Sorry Al, it was never my intension to drag you down this rocky road. We all have a momentary lapse of reason but luckily mine only lasted 3 months. I'm glad you're back and your life has meaning again. Let the games begin!

Be on the lookout and lock your Ranger! :bandit:?

Bushman.png

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I think every guy has wanted a Jeep at some point.

It's OK that you succumbed to the urge.

At least you figured it out much faster than my almost 2 years.

It seems that every car that I've REALLY wanted and then acquired turned out to be an example of Spock's comment...

“After a time, you may find that 'having' is not so pleasing a thing after all as 'wanting. ' It is not logical, but it is often true.”

Maybe my next vehicle should be something that I'm completely indifferent about.

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
It seems that every car that I've REALLY wanted and then acquired turned out to be an example of Spock's comment...

“After a time, you may find that 'having' is not so pleasing a thing after all as 'wanting. ' It is not logical, but it is often true.”

Maybe my next vehicle should be something that I'm completely indifferent about.
Spock freaking nailed it and this is why he never married , and I tried the "completely indifferent " theory when I first got married , over 30 years ago , didn't work , still married...

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
My Jeep Jones was for a Jeep Comanche with the 4.0L inline 6.

Just trying to help
devil grin.jpeg

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

It's OK that you succumbed to the urge.

At least you figured it out much faster than my almost 2 years.

I'm not knocking it at all it just didn't have any "wow" factor for me. Then the high sale price was the clincher, it is wasn't for that I'd still have it.

Also there's a lot of stuff people on the forum were having issues with. Now I know it might be just a small portion (although there were many complaints with some) it was enough to make me nervous traveling with it. Nothing drivetrain wise but enough ectrical issues and other things that just never made me feel comfortable traveling far with it. One thing I hated is the saying "It's a Jeep thing". :facepalm: No fanboy it's a $50K vehicle that should be built better than this. I swear I had flashbacks of Tacoma World every time I was on the JL forum. lol I understand every manufacturer is having issues these days but many of these are PRE-Covid that have never been addressed. If people are dumb enough to keep buying them why would Jeep (or anyone) fix them?

Now with the economy the way it is I'm happier with my decision. Not that I couldn't afford it but I always look at things from a more practical side and the Polish side. :giggle: The worrying outweighed the fun so now I'll sit and wait to see what happens when the Bronco order banks open in a few months.

I do have a lead on getting mine transferred to a different dealer once it's allowed again. Doing that I'll lose all my discounts at Granger but with all their orders there's a very good chance I won't get mine until 2024 through them. As of now Ford is only price protecting through 2023 so it might end up a wash moving my order, paying msrp and getting it next year opposed to sticking it out and getting bumped to '24 and having the price protection disappear paying the '24 prices.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
...The worrying outweighed the fun...
This sums up my experience completely.

Now I'm thinking about another Jeep but if I do it will be a TJ and hopefully closer to my old CJ7 in character.

I just have to find one that the frame hasn't rusted internally (Chrysler "engineering" there)

The Ranger is good enough off road that I don't need the extra capability of my GC, so I'm thinking a TJ that I can leave the top off year round and just leave it sitting in the basement garage waiting for those nice days to take it out.

Dereku

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Project Manager
lol :crackup:

It was a tough decision as I did like the Jeep I just didn't love it if that makes senses. Plus getting everything back and then some was a huge bonus, thats' where the Polish in me took over. ?
So you are a fellow cheapo ??. It is a way of life for us.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
So you are a fellow cheapo ??. It is a way of life for us.
I am with some Italian mixed in there too. ?? But the Polish side always wins when it comes to money decisions.?

CEL2022

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger SCAB 4x4 on the way
Occupation
Happily retired
Last piece is done, the loan is payed off. :clap: Anyone looking to sell a vehicle I would definitely give Driveway a shot as it was a very quick and easy transaction and no BS back and forth games.
I did the same thing back in April with my 2019 Escape Titanium. I saw how crazy the used car market was and priced around for the best offers. I ended up getting a deal from a company called Car Offers in Tx. who worked thru car gurus. I did not believe them when they offered me $29500 for my 12K mile CPO Escape. Since I paid 24K in March 2020 I went along with it and was shocked when they handed me the check after my loan was paid off and then drove it away. I was in shock for days that this happened the way it did and I am happy that I found others who had the same selling experiences. So I did get the $1000 from Ford on my order and $5500 profit on the Escape sale so some free money for the new Ranger coming helps out greatly.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I did the same thing back in April with my 2019 Escape Titanium. I saw how crazy the used car market was and priced around for the best offers. I ended up getting a deal from a company called Car Offers in Tx. who worked thru car gurus. I did not believe them when they offered me $29500 for my 12K mile CPO Escape. Since I paid 24K in March 2020 I went along with it and was shocked when they handed me the check after my loan was paid off and then drove it away. I was in shock for days that this happened the way it did and I am happy that I found others who had the same selling experiences. So I did get the $1000 from Ford on my order and $5500 profit on the Escape sale so some free money for the new Ranger coming helps out greatly.
Crazy huh? That's great you were able to cash out too. It's rare that you can buy a vehicle and actually make money unless it's a classic car or something rare. I was really hoping to keep it another year but the offer was just too good to pass up. Now looking back it was a smart move with the way the economy is and the higher interest rates. It was a little scary when they drove off and I had to wait for the check to clear but I looked into them pretty good and knew they were a reputable company.

CEL2022

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger SCAB 4x4 on the way
Occupation
Happily retired
Crazy huh? That's great you were able to cash out too. It's rare that you can buy a vehicle and actually make money unless it's a classic car or something rare. I was really hoping to keep it another year but the offer was just too good to pass up. Now looking back it was a smart move with the way the economy is and the higher interest rates. It was a little scary when they drove off and I had to wait for the check to clear but I looked into them pretty good and knew they were a reputable company.
Exactly....been buying and selling since the mid 70's and have never been able to do this with regular daily driver vehicles. Only if it was real low mile and sought after ride would it get money over what was paid. I read on average used vehicles went up almost 40% from April 2021 to April 2022 and there were models listed in some sites I read that were up almost 60%. Its just insane.

Since I come from owning many trucks all Fords I have had many performance vehicles including 5 Mustang Cobras and 2 Shelby GT500's and a few Vette's in my GM days. And yes the classic and rare cars are usually the only ones pulling profit from sales.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
just jack the truck up and get to it!
If I had someone here I could trust to help me I might have attempted it. For $345.00 it was well worth paying someone else to do it and that included the alignment too. Plus the neighbors kids didn't have to hide in the house all day for all the swearing that would've come from the garage. :LOL:
Sponsored