Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat CC Black FX2 (Wife's), 2017 Rubicon 2d
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
This pic right here is why I don't go on organized "Jeep" rides.

Nothing like sitting in traffic in the middle of the woods while someone 15 vehicles ahead of you tries to figure out how to use 4x4.

Gridlock is not my idea of a pleasant off roading experience.
We were all airing down and getting ready to go riding. I was telling all the newbies what to expect in this area...
Sponsored

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
We were all airing down and getting ready to go riding. I was telling all the newbies what to expect in this area...
I didn't necessarily mean your particular trip, the pic just reminded me about how every time I've gone on an organized Jeep ride it has turned into a traffic jam in the woods.

50+ Jeeps show up and there's no way to organize a good ride through forestry service roads with that many vehicles.

10-15 vehicles tops for me.

Now I just go on smaller rides with local groups and friends which I much prefer.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
I didn't necessarily mean your particular trip, the pic just reminded me about how every time I've gone on an organized Jeep ride it has turned into a traffic jam in the woods.

50+ Jeeps show up and there's no way to organize a good ride through forestry service roads with that many vehicles.

Now I just go on smaller rides with local groups and friends which I much prefer.
Amen to this.

If I go out I'm alone or my oldest daughter might join. She might tag the Jeep along on some trails now that it's going again. But I do these things to get away from people and relax, if I want gridiron traffic I can go downtown.

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat CC Black FX2 (Wife's), 2017 Rubicon 2d
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase

Yea, we usually had 5-10 and I always had to lead...

But that day with 21 Jeeps was just a disaster... We were gone about 15 hours, because most of the "new" guys decided their stock/semi stock has enough clearance or tire to go through some things, but most of the time, I or someone else had to recover them... Some people didn't even have any recovery gear...

Last edited:

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Yea, we usually had 5-10 and I always had to led...

But that day with 21 Jeeps was just a disaster... We were gone about 15 hours, because most of the "new" guys decided their stock/semi stock has enough clearance or tire to go through some things, but most of the time, I or someone else had to recover them... Some people didn't even have any recovery gear...
This has been the norm for most of the Jeep specific rides I've been on.

SemperVee

First Name
Dar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 LARIAT. 2019 Ranger XLT Traded in.
Vehicle Showcase
Everytime I go into the Ford dealer for something there are always new Jeeps and Gladiators just traded in !! It is what it is for now.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
The check cleared today to that's out of the way. :whew: The only thing left is for them to payoff the loan which they said can take 7-10 business days. So far this has been a great company to work with and everything's gone smooth.

I thought I remember someone selling their vehicle and the company (thought it was Carvana) didn't give them an equity check for a week. No way would I let my vehicle go without getting the check first.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
The check cleared today to that's out of the way. :whew: The only thing left is for them to payoff the loan which they said can take 7-10 business days. So far this has been a great company to work with and everything's gone smooth.

I thought I remember someone selling their vehicle and the company (thought it was Carvana) didn't give them an equity check for a week. No way would I let my vehicle go without getting the check first.
I think it's Vroom that does that.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I think it's Vroom that does that.
They were one that said the Jeep was "to new" and to try again in 6-8 months. You'd figure they'd want something as new as possible and they wouldn't even make an offer.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Last piece is done, the loan is payed off. :clap: Anyone looking to sell a vehicle I would definitely give Driveway a shot as it was a very quick and easy transaction and no BS back and forth games.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
Last piece is done, the loan is payed off. :clap: Anyone looking to sell a vehicle I would definitely give Driveway a shot as it was a very quick and easy transaction and no BS back and forth games.
Seems to be the coming way to buy & sell used vehicles. I had equally good results with Carvana last year when selling my 2018 Escape.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Seems to be the coming way to buy & sell used vehicles. I had equally good results with Carvana last year when selling my 2018 Escape.
I have to admit I was a little nervous when they drove off with it. Everything just went way to quickly and smooth and let's face it, there's not much that does now a days. I actually went back and reread all the papers just to make sure I didn't miss anything and got scammed. lol

I read through a lot of their reviews and they were mixed. It seemed like all the ones selling had a great experience but the ones buying did not. Most were complaining about having to wait (some were waiting weeks) for their titles and couldn't register their new vehicles. I'm sure it's a clerical nightmare with all these vehicles changing hands so fast and all the different states they have to deal with. One good thing is that AZ only has digital titles so I'd think that would make things speed up much faster.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
I have to admit I was a little nervous when they drove off with it. Everything just went way to quickly and smooth and let's face it, there's not much that does now a days. I actually went back and reread all the papers just to make sure I didn't miss anything and got scammed. lol

I read through a lot of their reviews and they were mixed. It seemed like all the ones selling had a great experience but the ones buying did not. Most were complaining about having to wait (some were waiting weeks) for their titles and couldn't register their new vehicles. I'm sure it's a clerical nightmare with all these vehicles changing hands so fast and all the different states they have to deal with. One good thing is that AZ only has digital titles so I'd think that would make things speed up much faster.
IMG_0230.JPG

Thumbs Up.jpeg

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I was expecting them to tow mine too but when they showed up he said he just drives it. What got me nervous was he didn't have a temporary tag to put on the back but he did have a small tag he stuck on the dash.

Figarou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Edge ST, 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
No not my Ranger my Jeep. o_O While it was fun driving it the past 3 months I just didn't "love it" so I took advantage of this crazy market. I ended up selling it to Driveway and they gave me almost $5K more than I paid for it.? I checked Carvana, KBB, and Vroom and only Carvana gave me an offer which was much lower than Driveway. KBB and Vroom both said the vehicle was to new.:crazy:

With the way the economy is going I don't think there's going to be to many paying top dollar for used vehicles in another 6 months - year. I could be wrong but why not cash out now and make money which is rare on a used vehicle. Now I'll take all that and sit back and patiently wait for my Bronco which I'm starting to see more and more dealers selling them at msrp. My friend back east knows the owner of a large Ford dealership which his wife has her Bronco order. He's already talked to him about searching for one for me. ?

Did you at least drain the water before selling it? ?

Sponsored