Transmission Woes

7Boomerang7

First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Crew Cab 4X4 / Lightning Blue
I have a 2020 with 18000 miles and I’ve felt a small transmission bump too it’s really weird. How long/miles does the factory cover trannys? 5 years? My 3 year warranty deal is up this October I might opt to buy an extended if it makes sense with how few miles I put on it, wgat do you guys think? I saw an older post somewhere that led to a site for warranties, looks to be about $2k?
Sponsored

Wytchdctr

First Name
Doug P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT
Occupation
Retired Military/HR Manager
This is the same trans bolted to bigger motors?

Built Ford tough?........

Maybe they should contract out to Hyundai or Toyota.

/end trolling

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
I have a 2020 with 18000 miles and I’ve felt a small transmission bump too it’s really weird. How long/miles does the factory cover trannys? 5 years? My 3 year warranty deal is up this October I might opt to buy an extended if it makes sense with how few miles I put on it, wgat do you guys think? I saw an older post somewhere that led to a site for warranties, looks to be about $2k?
I have a 2019 so bought the extended warranty due to the HVAC issues,
Granger Ford is the way to go: https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/thre...-50-over-dealer-cost-from-granger-ford.18918/

JimInVA

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2121 Ranger Lariat/SCab/4x2, Took 8.5 months wait
Occupation
Retired Military
Are these transmission problems with automatic or manual transmissions?

Rocketeer61

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Are these transmission problems with automatic or manual transmissions?
Automatic. You only get that option with the Ranger-my guess is that way they only have to stock one warranty replacement.

Yinzcity

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
Can you check it yourself without draining it?
There is, do a search on this form for "Technical Shop Manual" for a thread with all the service instructions. There's a dipstick that's down on the side of the transmission you can access. Its a bit of a pain to get to and to check the level, the fluid is supposed to be hot which is inconvenient because it's next to the exhaust. Some good threads on it here in the forum as well.

TheRealStreetcommander

First Name
Juvenile
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX STX FX4
Occupation
None of your business
Does the receipt call out any specific part numbers? From what I remember of the service manual, the valve body is replaced as a unit or I think you can change the system pressure or TC solenoid by itself, but I don't remember any plates.
I think it did, but I did not find it after a quick look. When I find where my wife filed it, I’ll respond.

Spocksranger

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
2020 with 42,000 miles and the shuddering, rough shifting, scatter-brain gear choices in D-mode have started. Totally bummed, because I'm in love with the truck. Waited a decade for the Ranger to come back and now this b-s. I have a pretty good relationship with the dealer I purchased it from and have had all the services done there for the life of the truck. I've read as many of these threads as possible and looks like the reflash is the first step. Am I correct? and should I be refering the service department to the TSB? That gang.

Spocksranger

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Oh, I'm Jan. 2020 build date.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
2020 with 42,000 miles and the shuddering, rough shifting, scatter-brain gear choices in D-mode have started. Totally bummed, because I'm in love with the truck. Waited a decade for the Ranger to come back and now this b-s. I have a pretty good relationship with the dealer I purchased it from and have had all the services done there for the life of the truck. I've read as many of these threads as possible and looks like the reflash is the first step. Am I correct? and should I be refering the service department to the TSB? That gang.
The pcm update and flash were first for mine. So weird how 80 percent of the time before it was a problem the transmission was fine and working ok and then it seemed so quickly to get worse.
Sponsored