Butterscotch Woes!

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Decided I didn’t want to tie Juan’s thread up with my troubles, so I started this thread. The dealership installed the HCU today. For those that may not know, my Ranger just suddenly started flashing all kinds of alarms i.e. Hill Start Assist Warning, Antilock Brake Fault, Pre-Collision Assist Not Available. After they had installed the part and were backing out of the shop, the Ranger just quit. Now they are saying some kind of cranking issue. They gave my husband a loaner car and kept it to further investigate the problem. This is new. We’ve never had any issues with cranking it. We’ve never had any issues at all. I told my husband to have them check the battery, just in case. I hope it’s a simple fix….? I’m just ready to drive my Butterscotch again!?
Sponsored

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
A 'cranking' issue would not make it 'just quit', it would keep it from starting but once running it should keep running. Sounds like your tech messed up something else while in there, won't be the first time. Hope they get it back to you.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Hope they get it fixed quickly and you get Butterscotch back home soon. I know my Ranger has never slept anywhere but in its own garage, hope he's not scared. :crying:

OP
OP
Tracy Bowman

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A 'cranking' issue would not make it 'just quit', it would keep it from starting but once running it should keep running. Sounds like your tech messed up something else while in there, won't be the first time. Hope they get it back to you.
Yeah…I was trying not to think that, but you’re probably right. I just hope they can fix it.

OP
OP
Tracy Bowman

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hope they get it fixed quickly and you get Butterscotch back home soon. I know my Ranger has never slept anywhere but in its own garage, hope he's not scared. :crying:
Thank you. I hope we get it back tomorrow.:fingerscrossed:

OP
OP
Tracy Bowman

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turns out it’s the PCM. They overnighted a new one and it was to come at lunch today, but they haven’t called my husband to come pick the Ranger up. Hopefully tomorrow. I hope these new parts last longer. ?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Turns out it’s the PCM. They overnighted a new one and it was to come at lunch today, but they haven’t called my husband to come pick the Ranger up. Hopefully tomorrow. I hope these new parts last longer. ?
At least the part wasn't on a national backorder like most seem to be. Hopefully you get it back by tomorrow and it'll be good as new.

OP
OP
Tracy Bowman

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That stinks Tracy, sorry to hear the ol' BS is not working for you. ;)
Thank you! I still love my ranger though. It’s never given me any problems before. Just seems odd to me that both the HCU and PCM went bad at almost the same time. Hopefully, this will fix it and I’ll enjoy it for the next 10 yrs or so. :fingerscrossed: ?

OP
OP
Tracy Bowman

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
At least the part wasn't on a national backorder like most seem to be. Hopefully you get it back by tomorrow and it'll be good as new.
Yes, I’m very thankful for that. Also the dealership has been wonderful to deal with so far.?

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
Thank you! I still love my ranger though. It’s never given me any problems before. Just seems odd to me that both the HCU and PCM went bad at almost the same time. Hopefully, this will fix it and I’ll enjoy it for the next 10 yrs or so. :fingerscrossed: ?
A short or bad signals coming off one, may have overloaded or shorted the other. Or maybe they misdiagnosed the HCU problem and it was only the PCM all along.

Hopefully you get it back tomorrow :)

OP
OP
Tracy Bowman

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A short or bad signals coming off one, may have overloaded or shorted the other. Or maybe they misdiagnosed the HCU problem and it was only the PCM all along.

Hopefully you get it back tomorrow :)
I wondered if that could be. I May never know for sure.:shock: