Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat - 2020 Hyundai Kona Ultimate
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
:oops: Can you believe....I am actually thinking about selling my baby.....

I have developed a very bad taste in my mouth for Ford with the new marketing system. Since she is at 103K+ now I'm thinking I want to hit the reset button on something else. I'm liking the Santa Cruz so much that the luster has warn off the Ranger....lol. I don't tow anything anymore and if I ever need to tote something home from Lowe's it should fit in the small bed of the SC........I think I can still get $25K-$26K for the Ranger with the mods and the fact that she still runs purrrfect! Not sure what to replace her with.....
So we will see what happens over the next few months.....stay tuned.
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

I have developed a very bad taste in my mouth for Ford with the new marketing system. Since she is at 103K+ now I'm thinking I want to hit the reset button on something else. I'm liking the Santa Cruz so much that the luster has warn off the Ranger....lol. I don't tow anything anymore and if I ever need to tote something home from Lowe's it should fit in the small bed of the SC........I think I can still get $25K-$26K for the Ranger with the mods and the fact that she still runs purrrfect! Not sure what to replace her with.....
Ya gotta do what makes you and the Mrs happy! I'd cash out while you still can and get into something you're more comfortable with. Just promise me one thing? You don't show up here in a month with something like this! o_O

1685026751511.png

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I'm curious to see if Subaru brings back the Baja.

When the Santa Cruz was released I was excited in thinking that it might be a Baja equivalent.

Sadly, it is not.

I absolutely loved my Baja Turbo and only sold it because it hit 200k.

Rumor is that Kia will release a version of the Santa Cruz and in general their offerings are "sportier" than their Hyundai brethren.

That may be the one that gets me.

maxbottomtime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT SCAB 4x4

ControlNode

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Civic "2000S"/16 Focus RS/21 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Computers

I'm not sure what the issue with the marketing system is, how does that change if you don't drive a Ford you already bought? I hate the marketing from companies using spammy emails, but if I use, don't use or stop using their product, the marketing they are using will not change and still have that spam to delete.

7Boomerang7

First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Crew Cab 4X4 / Lightning Blue
Yep same deal. I’m trying to get into a new job situation that will require a lot of driving so since my Ranger was worth more than what I paid a couple years ago, I traded it in for a new car, got a refund on my extended warranty and just got the payoff letter so I can go to Ford and get a refund on my Maintenance Plan as well. Thanks for the fun and games here, folks

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Yep same deal. I’m trying to get into a new job situation that will require a lot of driving so since my Ranger was worth more than what I paid a couple years ago, I traded it in for a new car, got a refund on my extended warranty and just got the payoff letter so I can go to Ford and get a refund on my Maintenance Plan as well. Thanks for the fun and games here, folks
What did you end up getting? Good luck with your new ride and stop back here once in a while. Whatever you bought that forum won't be as fun. 😜

Fordup

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Lariat Crew , 1966 Chevrolet Biscayne
Occupation
Retired YouTube Creator
I'm curious to see if Subaru brings back the Baja.

When the Santa Cruz was released I was excited in thinking that it might be a Baja equivalent.

Sadly, it is not.

I absolutely loved my Baja Turbo and only sold it because it hit 200k.

Rumor is that Kia will release a version of the Santa Cruz and in general their offerings are "sportier" than their Hyundai brethren.

That may be the one that gets me.
I just read they were planning on bringing it back with a 2.5 turbo and 8 speed transmission but not sure of the platform. If they do, my ranger will probably turn into one of them. 25k price point.

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
can you tune a santa cruz?
yeah you can, most anything with a turbo can be tuned to enhance power, however I'd be careful with Hyundai as it's my belief that their designs - esp engines are designed with less margin for stress above the factory version. Years back when their Theta II engines were seizing there was a jackass who responded to many posts about the seizures saying the failures were owing to improper maintenance and boasting he had tuned his Hyundai but by using premium brand oil , changing every 3k and always running 93 octane he was immune from engine failure. Sometime later he posted "it happened to me" meaning his engine had failed, bottom line IMO Hyundai designs aren't as robust as many makes which contributes to their ability to undersell competitors.

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
Mods don't raise a vehicle's value if that's what you're thinking.

Hyundai and Kias are vehicles that people drive because they have to. Seems odd to WANT to drive a Korean piece of shit.
Mods don't raise a vehicle's value if that's what you're thinking.

Hyundai and Kias are vehicles that people drive because they have to. Seems odd to WANT to drive a Korean piece of shit.
He's the terror of College Ave, all those TRXs have been forewarned and pull over like when Moses parted the red sea, go granny go, go granny go granny go, it's the little ole Hyundai from FTC .
Sponsored