First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Mods don't raise a vehicle's value if that's what you're thinking.

Hyundai and Kias are vehicles that people drive because they have to. Seems odd to WANT to drive a Korean piece of shit.
You're right the actually hurt the value. One time when I did a Carvana quote I said I had modifications and it came out quite a bit lower than the time I ran it as all stock. I would take off anything you can and the rest just keep quiet about. :lipssealed:
Sponsored

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
You're right the actually hurt the value. One time when I did a Carvana quote I said I had modifications and it came out quite a bit lower than the time I ran it as all stock. I would take off anything you can and the rest just keep quiet about. :lipssealed:
If sold to a reseller they most certainly will harm the value. Many times, if sold to an individual you can at least not lose money on the sale. And sometimes even boost value with mods. But it's rare for the buyers and sellers taste to match up like that.

Guaranteed that wrap on his hood is gonna be a problem come resell time.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
If sold to a reseller they most certainly will harm the value. Many times, if sold to an individual you can at least not lose money on the sale. And sometimes even boost value with mods. But it's rare for the buyers and sellers taste to match up like that.

Guaranteed that wrap on his hood is gonna be a problem come resell time.
You're right, mods are really subjective. Years ago when I bought used stuff most time I didn't care much for what others did. Like a few used motorcycles I looked at they had a bunch of carbon fiber crap on it and to me it was worthless as I don't like that look. When I mod or accessories my stuff I never figure in on getting anything back. I'll usually takeout all off and try to sell it online. Just look at my '19! 😂

At least the wrap is/should be easy to take off and the hood should be in good shape underneath.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
You're right, mods are really subjective. Years ago when I bought used stuff most time I didn't care much for what others did. Like a few used motorcycles I looked at they had a bunch of carbon fiber crap on it and to me it was worthless as I don't like that look. When I mod or accessories my stuff I never figure in on getting anything back. I'll usually takeout all off and try to sell it online. Just look at my '19! 😂

At least the wrap is/should be easy to take off and the hood should be in good shape underneath.
I always plan on taking things off to recoup my money. But I rarely ever do. I usually just take the hit. It's probably good that I stick to mostly performance mods.

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Been having similar thoughts, but looking at Wranglers instead. Wish you the best whatever you decide!

jsphlynch

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL
Hyundai and Kias are vehicles that people drive because they have to. Seems odd to WANT to drive a Korean piece of shit.
While this was true 20 years ago, it's not so much any more. Hyundai/Kia have put a lot of effort into moving beyond their cheap history, and if you take a look at their current offerings it shows.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
While this was true 20 years ago, it's not so much any more. Hyundai/Kia have put a lot of effort into moving beyond their cheap history, and if you take a look at their current offerings it shows.
Is that the ones you can steal with a fro-yo? Or the ones who's engines catch fire on the highway? Or the ones they build with child labor?

There's so much winning going on with Korean car manufacturers lately it's hard to tell what you mean.

cfhgarza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic XLT 301A
Occupation
Press and weld set-up
What is the "marketing scheme"?

7Boomerang7

First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Crew Cab 4X4 / Lightning Blue
What did you end up getting? Good luck with your new ride and stop back here once in a while. Whatever you bought that forum won't be as fun. 😜
You’re right, the forums for Subarus suck. I got a 2023 Legacy Sport. Mildly better gas mileage.. was looking at the accord too, but the Legacys 260 HP and high torque mann
Moment-App-20230520203709945.jpeg

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
You’re right, the forums for Subarus suck. I got a 2023 Legacy Sport. Mildly better gas mileage.. was looking at the accord too, but the Legacys 260 HP and high torque mann
Moment-App-20230520203709945.jpeg
Nice looking ride! I've never owned a Subaru but heard they're good vehicles. Good luck with it.

Billythekidd

First Name
Willyu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
It looks like a "decent" vehicle... and also looks a lot like the Honda Ridgeline (before they changed the Ridgeline look). A good friend of mine who drives Hyundai's said she would like one to tow a small camper... so ...
If I were going that direction I would really look at Honda over Hyundai.

Either way... enjoy.

Brad-Dallas

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor - Black
:oops: Can you believe....I am actually thinking about selling my baby.....

I have developed a very bad taste in my mouth for Ford with the new marketing system. Since she is at 103K+ now I'm thinking I want to hit the reset button on something else. I'm liking the Santa Cruz so much that the luster has warn off the Ranger....lol. I don't tow anything anymore and if I ever need to tote something home from Lowe's it should fit in the small bed of the SC........I think I can still get $25K-$26K for the Ranger with the mods and the fact that she still runs purrrfect! Not sure what to replace her with.....
So we will see what happens over the next few months.....stay tuned.
IMG_5575.jpeg

OP
OP
txquailguy

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat - 2020 Hyundai Kona Ultimate
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
can you tune a santa cruz?
I believe you can but I am not interested in that at all....nor am I interested in taking this thing off-road.....

OP
OP
txquailguy

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat - 2020 Hyundai Kona Ultimate
Occupation
Biologist