Anyone thinking of selling their Ranger?

imapseudonym

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 APG Ranger Lariot
Our other vehicle is a 2018 Model 3 due to commuting about 80 miles a day. We have solar and it's a really nice combo. We were spending a ton on gas prior to that car. I know Tesla's are more expensive now. We bought our long range new for 40k in 2018. We probably won't be selling it anytime soon and I really like the car.

Don't get me wrong, we like our truck too. But for most stuff I like the Tesla more.
Sponsored

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
During the height of the supply chain issues, I potentially could get $38,000 for my 2019 xlt from one of those on-line used car companies. I checked it the week, and the price is nor $31,500.

the only differences are about 1 year older, and an extra 5,000 miles for a total of 19,500 total miles on my 2019. ( I bought it just as I retired and do not drive NEAR as much anymore)

I am thinking about selling both my and my wife’s car to buy a Tesla. I can’t get the idea of a self driving car out of my head!

I probably won’t do and am just torturing myself a bit. Anyone else actually doing this or has done it?
Carvana and others overbought at stupid prices in the pandemic and are losing billions.

TJC

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 Miata, 05 Ranger 4x4, 20 Ranger 4x4, 23 CX-5
Keeping my Ranger. In theory I understand the EV argument, esp if it is a commute car and can be charged fully overnight. But there are major downsides. The biggest being the nation's electrical grid. The next biggest is charge time and battery capacity. And the last being the risk of the battery shorting and catching fire, burning your home or apartment building down.

Take a peek at this recent video and picture yourself at the back of the line...

Last edited:

Cabose-1

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT FX2
Occupation
Student
Sold my 2020 ranger in September. Couldn't get rid of it fast enough. Good riddance. Fuel in oil, defective tailgate height and everything

Bought a 2022 very same day.
4x2 xlt fx2.

JoshuaH

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT sport
Not interested in selling my ranger. It hasn't disappointed me yet with anything I've thrown at it.

The only things I'd consider trading it for might be an F150 tremor or a Ram rebel... or possibly an AT4 canyon.

Replacing the ranger with any of those vehicles would be costly... so, for now, I plan on keeping the Ranger. It does a lot for a affordable price. That means a lot to me right now.

GitRDone

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT
Occupation
Real estate management
I think I'm keeping mine for a few years. I was conservative with mods with the thought I'd be trading it in, but it has been great with zero issues (knock wood) now at 30k miles.
Question: Does extended factory warranty need to be purchased before original expires?

CB750F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ / SCAB Ranger XLT/FX4 & various motos
Occupation
Human
I think I'm keeping mine for a few years. I was conservative with mods with the thought I'd be trading it in, but it has been great with zero issues (knock wood) now at 30k miles.
Question: Does extended factory warranty need to be purchased before original expires?
As far as I know, yes.

Theslim_spaydee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT (she gone) 2022 BD Bronco
Occupation
Finance
I am getting rid of mine if my Bronco ever gets released from its current holding pattern at the ford jailyard. 34 days awaiting shipment because @Ford logistics is a damn joke.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Yes before your 3/36 is up you need to do it. My 3 years were coming up in July so I just did mine back in May through Flood Ford online. They have much better rates than any local dealers and it's the factory Ford warranty. I'd add the LED lighting to as it's only $50 more and worth the coverage.

https://www.floodfordesp.com

Cabose-1

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT FX2
Occupation
Student
To be fair my 2020 was bought in jan 2021. Drove it 38k miles. Abiut 15k of towing miles. Truck went to pikes peak, snow, mud, sand, pavement, was an awesome truck. No problems with it whatsoever. Needed something a little more off road capable.
4x2 xlt 2020

So i bought another ranger!! Bouth it in sept 2022 Took about 6 months for my order. Same truck, just different blue and with locker. 4x4 takes away toi much payload and dont need 4x4. Just a little push every now and then. A few deleted items no biggie. So hope this truck is just as good. Rear locker was just the ticket

Xlt fx2 2022

Hope its just as good as the other. 5k miles and so far so good!! Dont have my f250 godzilla truck yet
Sponsored