Anyone thinking of selling their Ranger?

Fritz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XL
I'm a little surprised at how many people are ready to trade in already. You take a huge hit every time you buy a new vehicle and none of ours are over 3 1/2 years old. Mine's not the perfect vehicle, (I don't think there is such a thing) but I really enjoy it, and plan to keep it at least five years, probably longer.
You assume everyone bought theirs new. I bought mine at 60k.
Sponsored

Fritz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XL
I’ll probably go back to a full size at some point. It’s be nice to have a little more room and a fuel tank that’s twice as big.

GitRDone

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT
Occupation
Real estate management
Yes before your 3/36 is up you need to do it. My 3 years were coming up in July so I just did mine back in May through Flood Ford online. They have much better rates than any local dealers and it's the factory Ford warranty. I'd add the LED lighting to as it's only $50 more and worth the coverage.

https://www.floodfordesp.com
Thanks Dave, I'll check it out. A couple more questions, por favor. Does the original warranty start at the build date, the date of purchase or the date put in service? (Mine was a courtesy/demo vehicle when I purchased from dealer). Also, do you know if the Flood extended warranty is transferable?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Thanks Dave, I'll check it out. A couple more questions, por favor. Does the original warranty start at the build date, the date of purchase or the date put in service? (Mine was a courtesy/demo vehicle when I purchased from dealer). Also, do you know if the Flood extended warranty is transferable?
The original starts at the date of purchase. This is what I found in my contract so it looks like there's a $75 transfer fee.

11A. TRANSFERABILITY: You may transfer this Agreement, subject to a $75 transfer fee. You or the transferee of this Agreement must initiate the transfer process by providing the following items to any Ford or Lincoln dealership or to Us at P.O. Box 6045, Dearborn, Michigan 48121 within 180 days of the vehicle sale:
(i) a letter, signed by You, transferring this Agreement to the transferee; (ii) a statement of the mileage on the Vehicle at the time of transfer; and (iii) the name and address of the transferee.
You may not transfer coverage if the Vehicle becomes a Branded Vehicle or is repossessed. Transferred Agreements may not be cancelled.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
During the height of the supply chain issues, I potentially could get $38,000 for my 2019 xlt from one of those on-line used car companies. I checked it the week, and the price is nor $31,500.

the only differences are about 1 year older, and an extra 5,000 miles for a total of 19,500 total miles on my 2019. ( I bought it just as I retired and do not drive NEAR as much anymore)

I am thinking about selling both my and my wife’s car to buy a Tesla. I can’t get the idea of a self driving car out of my head!

I probably won’t do and am just torturing myself a bit. Anyone else actually doing this or has done it?
I think of selling my Ranger every day (to buy a newer model) but want to crack 100,000 miles first! This may take a while: since the wife retired and I started working online from home, we don't drive nearly as much as before...

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
During the height of the supply chain issues, I potentially could get $38,000 for my 2019 xlt from one of those on-line used car companies. I checked it the week, and the price is nor $31,500.

the only differences are about 1 year older, and an extra 5,000 miles for a total of 19,500 total miles on my 2019. ( I bought it just as I retired and do not drive NEAR as much anymore)

I am thinking about selling both my and my wife’s car to buy a Tesla. I can’t get the idea of a self driving car out of my head!

I probably won’t do and am just torturing myself a bit. Anyone else actually doing this or has done it?
I love the idea of self-driving cars, except for the part when they mistake moving vans for wide open spaces...

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
I'd consider selling mine if they ever brought the Everest Raptor to the states.

New front end looks like dog shit on Ranger, looks good on SUV tho!

ord-Everest-Raptor-Rendering-Exterior-001-1024x649.jpg

But as far as existing US market? Nothing comes close to making me consider.

Last edited:

troutspinner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
I forgot to answer the actual topic in my earlier post where I mentioned EVs and market. Lol

Anyways, no BUT MAN! That 2023 F150 XLT Heritage Edition is really making me think. It’s gorgeous to my eyes and I know I would love everything about it except that #1 thing I love about the Ranger, it’s size. It’s just so damn easy to whip around town, parking, less worry of dings, etc.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I forgot to answer the actual topic in my earlier post where I mentioned EVs and market. Lol

Anyways, no BUT MAN! That 2023 F150 XLT Heritage Edition is really making me think. It’s gorgeous to my eyes and I know I would love everything about it except that #1 thing I love about the Ranger, it’s size. It’s just so damn easy to whip around town, parking, less worry of dings, etc.
This is the biggie (or smallie?) for me.

As it is, the current Ranger is right on the border of acceptable size and anything bigger I wouldn't have purchased.

If the next gen gets bigger, that's a no from me dawg.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
I'd consider selling mine if they ever brought the Everest Raptor to the states.

New front end looks like dog shit on Ranger, looks good on SUV tho!

ord-Everest-Raptor-Rendering-Exterior-001-1024x649.jpg

But as far as existing US market? Nothing comes close to making me consider.
Hey, me too! I have admired Everests overseas for years and hoped they would bring an updated model to the States. Yeah, an Everest Raptor would definitely be my next vehicle if they ever did!

troutspinner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
This is the biggie (or smallie?) for me.

As it is, the current Ranger is right on the border of acceptable size and anything bigger I wouldn't have purchased.

If the next gen gets bigger, that's a no from me dawg.
It is almost comical the way manufacturers press each other thinking they are satisfying market demand with size and towing capacity. F150s are the size of what F250s use to be. Rangers what F150s were and Maverick what Ranger was.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
It is almost comical the way manufacturers press each other thinking they are satisfying market demand with size and towing capacity. F150s are the size of what F250s use to be. Rangers what F150s were and Maverick what Ranger was.
Part of it is due to CAFE regulations where the "footprint" of a vehicle can mean more lenient CAFE standards.

Article About CAFE

All the modern cars are getting bigger partly due to this.

The current Honda Civic is the size of an older Accord.

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
I going to wait and see what the '24 Ranger looks like in real life, then I'll consider trading my '21 for one. Bottom line, I'll either trade for a new one or keep the one I have. I have no interest in a bigger truck like the F150.

MXGOLF

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lucille my 2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4 -2007 Yamaha FZ6
Occupation
Sales / Photographer
I am not planning on getting a new truck anytime soon. I am hoping my Ranger will be my last vehicle that I purchase. I timed it perfect when I bought her. Low interest rates and price not over inflated. I absolutely love this body style. I also did spend a lot on mods thanks to all the fine people on this forum LOL. I really don't like the G6 front end. Although a V6 Ranger would be awesome. NO NO NO!

SemperVee

First Name
Dar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 LARIAT. 2019 Ranger XLT Traded in.
Vehicle Showcase
I luckily did sell my 2019 with 11K miles, I owned it outright. I was able to just in the nick of time at the end of June trade in for ($39,000 - ($42,744+ with tax saving) when I am seeing 2021 XLT 's with low mileage like mine now selling for 31-34K for sale on dealers lots. My 2022 F150 Lariat V8 built to order finally came in after 6 months of waiting. I essentially drove my 19 Ranger XLT for 3 years at $0 retail cost. Got more than I paid for it trade in. Got a great deal on new F150 lariat on X plan. That will never happen again. I felt the moment was ripe for the picking and even as I spent more money is was a wise decision. Prices for new keep raising while used prices aregoing down as predicted. Loved my Ranger but Even more love the full size leather lariat with 12 inch screen & V8 engine. *Funny I still get the same 17mpg in town whether Ranger or F-150. I Feel very lucky that I was in the right place at the right time to pull that off.
Sponsored

Last edited: