RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
This is veering WAY off topic - please keep it civil and stay on topic.
Sponsored

Dr_Strangelove

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 XLT Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Art & Design
It's a 4 door, much more practical for Me since I will be doing a lot of traveling. I can always sleep in it just by folding the back seats instead of spending the night in a motel/hotel. Being a widower now I don't have to worry about getting a hotel or having the different comfort levels.

Sammy if you'd like to overnight in your vehicle I'd seriously consider looking at a Transit van. It's certainly a lot less flashy than a Bronco or new Ranger, but if you want to go on adventures you'll come to appreciate the extra space. ESPECIALLY if you're planning on sleeping in it.

I just asked my back if it would like to sleep in the back of the wife's SUV tonight and it said "NO THANKS" and I'd venture to guess I'm much younger than you.

YaBoiNewton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT supercrew Sport FX4, 2008 Bullitt w Saleen Supercharger
Occupation
Automotive Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
They're literally made on the same line and share the majority of mechanical components.
the whole open bed thing kinda makes them a little different

YaBoiNewton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT supercrew Sport FX4, 2008 Bullitt w Saleen Supercharger
Occupation
Automotive Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
About the only time I use my truck as a truck anymore is to take things to and from the storage unit. 🙃
I guess imagine having to take stuff to and from your storage unit in a Bronco. If that still works for you, then the bed space is irrelevant. U-haul trailers are pretty cheap too.

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
Sammy if you'd like to overnight in your vehicle I'd seriously consider looking at a Transit van. It's certainly a lot less flashy than a Bronco or new Ranger, but if you want to go on adventures you'll come to appreciate the extra space. ESPECIALLY if you're planning on sleeping in it.

I just asked my back if it would like to sleep in the back of the wife's SUV tonight and it said "NO THANKS" and I'd venture to guess I'm much younger than you.
Or.... A popup camper/tent in the bed of a truck... They are really roomy and keeps the capabilities of the truck...

There are tons of nice ones out now that aren't super heavy and allow lots of customization. (I'm eyeballing a super pacific)

JasonTremor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor XLT
Given the original poster wants to travel and sleep in the vehicle on occasion, a 4 door Bronco would enable them to setup the back for travel and sleeping space. I'd imagine with the back seats folded down, there is enough room for someone 6ft tall to stretch out. Quite a few inflatable air mattress options for that purpose. Could probably put a battery powered cooler back there too so that you could keep snacks available and fresh along the way. If they want a capable rig that would enable some adventures in relative comfort, the Bronco is definitely an option.

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Sammy

Sammy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
@Sammy before taking the dealers word for order timeliness check out this dealers channel.

https://youtube.com/@longmcarthur?

When I was waiting for my 23 they were a wealth of information about delays and production movement.

Also, there is a blue oval forum that for a time had great information about production. It's mostly crap now, but there might be a gem or two there.
I did watch the latest video. They spent maybe a minute talking about ranger raptor production, nothing about other models. Seems like the priority is the raptor for now.
Thanks for the link.
🙂

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
I did watch the latest video. They spent maybe a minute talking about ranger raptor production, nothing about other models. Seems like the priority is the raptor for now.
Thanks for the link.
🙂
Yeah, it's not going to come all at once.

You'll get little tid bits of information and tips on questions to ask the dealer to get updates on your order.

Things like, the dealers have an allotment of vehicles, and in that allotment it depends on the accessories and packages for the vehicle. In '23 if you ordered a spray in bed liner it held your production up for months. All of those things the dealer can tell you, if you know what to ask.

OP
OP
Sammy

Sammy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger

Thanks for the input. Actually I'm in my early 60's. As for sleeping in it, it's just an idea I've been tossing around. While the military I spent plenty of time "roughing" it. Though it has been a few years.
I did look at a fully outfitted van and at 90k + it was just too much.

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
Given the original poster wants to travel and sleep in the vehicle on occasion, a 4 door Bronco would enable them to setup the back for travel and sleeping space. I'd imagine with the back seats folded down, there is enough room for someone 6ft tall to stretch out. Quite a few inflatable air mattress options for that purpose. Could probably put a battery powered cooler back there too so that you could keep snacks available and fresh along the way. If they want a capable rig that would enable some adventures in relative comfort, the Bronco is definitely an option.
Speaking of comforts, I had a cassette toilet in my FJ40, which is probably smaller than the Bronco (but I'm pretty sure it had more head space).

Not saying you want to poop where you sleep, but you have options for sure.

It seems like the Bronco is a Better fit from what you've been saying. That said, if you think you'll miss us, I can be sure to bug you about getting a damper - or at least some 303 Graphene! =)

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
Based on long MacArthur videos, and the below link.

~1700 unscheduled orders. March orders have been scheduled.

January had ~2600 Rangers built.

If I were to guess, I'd say it shouldn't take to long to get your ranger. But I'd reach out to your dealer and ask if there are any constraints that they know of, if the sales guy doesn't know what your talking about ask to talk to the sale manager, or general manager.

https://fordauthority.com/2024/02/ford-ranger-production-grew-significantly-in-january-2024/

OP
OP
Sammy

Sammy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Yesterday while driving the ranger around town, actually after being at the dealer (since it was closed) and walking around looking at vehicles I got the dreaded CEL illuminated, first time ever. Ran the code, it was the EGR system failure. Additionally, I had been experiencing the surging and some hard shifting. I'm not using these as justification to dump the truck but I don't want to get stuck on the side of the road especially in the middle of nowhere. I know that can happen to any vehicle. Just using some common sense. I always follow the 5p's of planning.

OP
OP
Sammy

Sammy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Speaking of comforts, I had a cassette toilet in my FJ40, which is probably smaller than the Bronco (but I'm pretty sure it had more head space).

Not saying you want to poop where you sleep, but you have options for sure.

It seems like the Bronco is a Better fit from what you've been saying. That said, if you think you'll miss us, I can be sure to bug you about getting a damper - or at least some 303 Graphene! =)
When I was looking over the bronco I saw it has a tailgate damper already installed!
Sorry AZScorpion!
Sponsored