Anyone thinking of selling their Ranger?

Bomlodr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 SVO, 2020 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Engineer
Zero chance of selling my Ranger with the current financial situation in this country.
I currently financed at ~2% on my Ranger. Last I checked, advertised interest rates for new vehicles with the same CU I'm financed through is ~5%. Used vehicles is ~6%.
It makes no financial sense to pay up to 3X more interest just to have the latest and greatest.
Even if it was paid off I wouldn't sell it today.
Only way I'm selling or getting a new one is if they call my numbers tonight in the powerball drawing. And if that happens, I'm buying something red and Italian that ends in a vowel or something papaya colored from Brittain.
Sponsored

DapperDean

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat Sport 4x4
I love my 2020 Ranger but I'm tired of the 20th century truck ride. I'm ordering a 2023 Ram 1500 Rebel to get a 21st century truck - independent coil spring rear suspension, Ram Box, multi-function talgate, full-size intainment screen, and a mild hybrid V6. The F-150 is just as old school as the Ranger and therefore not an option. What I REALLY want is the Lightning because it has an independent rear suspension, huge center screen and an electric drivetrain - but I can't order one even if I could afford it!

SemperVee

First Name
Dar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 LARIAT. 2019 Ranger XLT Traded in.
Vehicle Showcase
You have obviously not seen the inside of a new 2022 F150. They were fugly now very elegant, beautiful and high tech. So Hi tech that I for the first time in my long life purchased an extended Genuine Ford warranty for $ 0 deductible out till 2029 for $900, before the price increased. There is a seat for everyone, but the all Electric is not for me. I love the sound and power of the naturally aspired 400HP V8 with towing ability and big comfy leather heated/air conditioned seats.

GitRDone

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT
Occupation
Real estate management
Only way I'm selling or getting a new one is if they call my numbers tonight in the powerball drawing. And if that happens, I'm buying something red and Italian that ends in a vowel.
Me too, I love spaghetti.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Last edited:

Theslim_spaydee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT (she gone) 2022 BD Bronco
Occupation
Finance
Well guys the Ranger has been traded legally. I took a decent offer and came out 2.5K up and get to drive her until the Bronco makes an appearance. Would have gotten a better offer had the Bronco been there but I effectively get a "free" rental until the Bronco shows up so and will get refunded the difference of value today and payments made in the interim.

Just for some transparency I had a 2019 XLT Crew 2WD with locker and mid package with 27.5k miles and received $27,500 was on the Covid plan 0% 84 month $0 down. I did have relatively new tires that were free bronco take offs. I had also rolled about $1.5k negative equity into the loan from the trade in of my previous Focus Titanium. All in all I am pretty happy.

Deleted member 15875

Zero chance of selling my Ranger with the current financial situation in this country.
I currently financed at ~2% on my Ranger. Last I checked, advertised interest rates for new vehicles with the same CU I'm financed through is ~5%. Used vehicles is ~6%.
It makes no financial sense to pay up to 3X more interest just to have the latest and greatest.
Even if it was paid off I wouldn't sell it today.
Only way I'm selling or getting a new one is if they call my numbers tonight in the powerball drawing. And if that happens, I'm buying something red and Italian that ends in a vowel or something papaya colored from Brittain.
Update: Unless you live in LA, you didn't win last night...

Justin says...

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XLT Lux
Occupation
IT System Analyst II
Will the new one come in a V6? I bought mine with the intention of trading it in for a new redesigned model for '24. I just cant grasp the math, as in will I be able to afford it.

Mine is '22 which was $38,500 w/$7k down. Hopefully if I keep the miles down, I can get a new '24 without it costing me too much more. Not sure.

Deleted member 15875

Will the new one come in a V6? I bought mine with the intention of trading it in for a new redesigned model for '24. I just cant grasp the math, as in will I be able to afford it.

Mine is '22 which was $38,500 w/$7k down. Hopefully if I keep the miles down, I can get a new '24 without it costing me too much more. Not sure.
It'll depend on where things stand in the macro economic environment when the 24's comes out. Markets will be much different than what we've seen the last two years. There's still a lot coming yet that isn't being registered by consumers and it's not good.

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
One thing I forgot to mention is I would consider the 6G Ranger with the V6, but I never buy first year release of any vehicle. Sure, the 2.3 and 2.7 are proven engines, but what about the rest of the 6G truck? I'll let someone else discover all the quirks of the new model and consider it in '25 MY.
Sponsored