RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
because otherwise idiot reviewers will spend 2 minutes being completely shocked that if they yank the handle and jump back the tailgate bangs down
:crackup:

File it under keeping up with the Jones.....

It is a pretty silly thing - but you could argue that power windows are a pretty silly thing too - and yet just about every vehicle made now has them. Or having gas struts on the hood instead of a prop rod. The prop rod works fine, but it is kind of nice to have the gas struts (until they fail).
Sponsored

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Yeah, it might be that, or it might be that it's actually pretty handy and not just cool to have a tailgate that slowly lowers itself into position. These aren't all work truck anymore. Had a 2017 Tacoma and that was a nice tailgate feature for sure.
nah, not buying it. I need to have a hand out to open the thing, so why not just use the same hand to lower it? If it was auto-open then there'd be a point.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
It is a pretty silly thing - but you could argue that power windows are a pretty silly thing too - and yet just about every vehicle made now has them. Or having gas struts on the hood instead of a prop rod. The prop rod works fine, but it is kind of nice to have the gas struts (until they fail).
If you had to reach your hand over to the other windows to operate the power windows, then they would be just as silly as the tailgate damper. Getting rid of the prop rod actually does make it nicer to work under the hood without a damn metal rod in the way--saves jamming a 2x4 up in the corner. (Until you need to make it open really wide, then the struts are a PITA.)

DHMag

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Crew cab, 22 Wrangler Willys
I got spoiled by the dampened tailgate lowering on my Colorado. To each their own.

Anthony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 SCrew
Occupation
COO
Vehicle Showcase
If you look at it in reality, everything except a seat and a steering wheel are not necessity items. At what point is something stupid? Because there's plenty of so-called "useless" items on any vehicle besides a tailgate dampener that I'm sure you would not want to do without.

For some people, a tailgate dampener is certainly not a necessity, but a nice thing to have. I think it's safe to leave it at that.

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
If the installation is easy, I'm in for one.

DHare

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat - Saber; 2020 Ford Edge - Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
Interesting - I ordered one back in December and a week ago the estimated ship date was May 3 - it recently changed to early June sometime. It has changed like 5 or 6 times now. I wonder when it will finally get released? It is weird they had it listed before anyone else, and at this rate they will be the last to release it. Seems like a pretty simple part - especially when they have done the same for other trucks.
I ordered my DeeZee tailgate assist through Amazon with estimated delivery by May 15. Got an email yesterday about it being delayed until at least June 16 and wanted to know if I desired to keep the order or cancel.

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered my DeeZee tailgate assist through Amazon with estimated delivery by May 15. Got an email yesterday about it being delayed until at least June 16 and wanted to know if I desired to keep the order or cancel.
There have been a lot of accessories advertised but manufacturers aren't really shipping.
I'm still waiting on things from an AVS vender and they haven't shipped for almost 2 months.

lawrence

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Taurus SHO , 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Super Crew FX4 Lightning Blue Sport Appearance Package Tow Package

Washashore

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SCab Lariat 4x4
I received a call, and they told me it is on back order and expected to be shipped on July 3rd.
I contacted DeeZee directly and here is what I received for a response..

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Dee Zee! We are hoping to release our tailgate assist (DZ 43206) and other Dee Zee products for the Ford Ranger by the end of this summer. Please keep checking our website at www.deezee.com. We hope that this answer helps you.

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
Very light
not sure why you would need an assist. maybe looks cool opening in slow motion.
yeah, better items to spend money on/upgrade. Its an aluminum gate. Your hand is already on it to open. I mean you have to purposely wank your hand away after opening to watch it open. Normal motion is to release latch and lower gate. Do you wank hand away after opening the doors? no. not natural motion.

I don't seen the want for this. The only possible reason for this is if the tailgate had auto open feature.

I will stand by my "solution looking for a problem".

Want me to spend money on your gadget? Offer me a heating steering wheel kit or sell me a kit to make my rear slider auto, so I can open/close it while driving. You know things that are useful and actually improve the truck.

Call me a wuss....January in Cleveland is freakin cold.

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
If your arms are that weak then how are you going to load anything in the bed?

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
yeah, better items to spend money on/upgrade. Its an aluminum gate. Your hand is already on it to open. I mean you have to purposely wank your hand away after opening to watch it open. Normal motion is to release latch and lower gate. Do you wank hand away after opening the doors? no. not natural motion.

I don't seen the want for this. The only possible reason for this is if the tailgate had auto open feature.

I will stand by my "solution looking for a problem".

Want me to spend money on your gadget? Offer me a heating steering wheel kit or sell me a kit to make my rear slider auto, so I can open/close it while driving. You know things that are useful and actually improve the truck.

Call me a wuss....January in Cleveland is freakin cold.

I'd be in for a power open/close rear window actuator for sure...