First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ford Ranger Lariat, ‘23 Macan,’21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
Fordpass works with wifi turned off. Both of my vehicles are set up that way now. No more over-the-air updates for me after this fiasco.
Thank you. I will do it one more time. It truly is a major fiasco. They put out an update that kills a big feature. TRAFFIC info.
Sponsored

Ranger3

First Name
Dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Xlt Sport 4x4
Occupation
Store Mgr
Fordpass works with wifi turned off. Both of my vehicles are set up that way now. No more over-the-air updates for me after this fiasco.
Why is the update that bad?

alcohenusa

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Retired
Why is the update that bad?
For those that use Sirius Travel Link, you never know if/when it will actually work. Some also have intermittent issues with Sirius audio. The problems were actually introduced with 3.4.21020 (and the 2.20 map updates according to Ford). In my case, it got worse after the 21098 update.

Last edited:

GregM

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat 4X4
Occupation
Retired
Well got bit by the 21098 OTA update. Lost travel link and XM for a few minutes. Radio came back after soft reset. Called ford and it was a useless call. So called Sirius xm and finally after getting advanced technical resolution a knowledgeable tech told me that Ford is aware of the problem and created a TSB 20-2363 that will update the radio and hopefully repair our problems.

So this is the first I heard about this updated TSB and hope this is a solution to our woes.
Perhaps Todd OP can elaborate what this update through Ford.

Kind regards,
Greg

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Boy, am I glad I don't use XM or TravelLink. Mine updated to 21098 using OTA just fine. I'm having o no problems with AA and Google maps. (No buildt in NAV) And, it's not costing me anything for subscriptions either. If I don't want commercials I flip over to my 128GB USB chip and listen to my CD collection. Works for me.

JKocot

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SCrew FX4, 2018 Explorer Sport
Occupation
Senior Systems Engineer/Former Marine
Well got bit by the 21098 OTA update. Lost travel link and XM for a few minutes. Radio came back after soft reset. Called ford and it was a useless call. So called Sirius xm and finally after getting advanced technical resolution a knowledgeable tech told me that Ford is aware of the problem and created a TSB 20-2363 that will update the radio and hopefully repair our problems.

So this is the first I heard about this updated TSB and hope this is a solution to our woes.

Kind regards,
Greg
TSB 21-2150 replaces TSB 20-2363

OP
OP

tmcolegr

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Platinum 4x4 & 2019 Ranger XLT 4x4

Kind regards,
Greg
TSB 20-2363 has been replaced by 21-2150. I personally haven't seen 21-2150 fix anything in any of the vehicles that were impacted by the Sirius XM or Travel Link issue.

However, a little blue oval birdie did tell me another update is about to be released that should resolve both issues. The timeline wasn't specific nor was it a guarantee.

Attachments

MXGOLF

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lucille my 2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4 -2007 Yamaha FZ6
Occupation
Sales / Photographer
FUN AREN'T ELECTRONICS AWESOME!!!!!!! WHEN THEY WORK PROPERLY YES WHEN THEY DON'T NO!
My build is 19274.
Also it says my system is up to date!! WTF.

Last edited:

alcohenusa

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Retired
FUN AREN'T ELECTRONICS AWESOME!!!!!!! WHEN THEY WORK PROPERLY YES WHEN THEY DON'T NO!
My build is 19274.
Also it says my system is up to date!! WTF.
Is the truck telling you up to date (over wifi), the website, or both? If only the truck, then I would go to the website to check.

MXGOLF

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lucille my 2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4 -2007 Yamaha FZ6
Occupation
Sales / Photographer
The website said there was an update. I did load it to a USB then in the truck but I am sure it didn't work. It sounds like I don't want the new update now anyway. I don't use the XM any way.

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Well I had it all set going back to 20351 and forgot to turn off automatic updates after the master reset. Duhhhh. I’m getting good at resetting everything though.
After going back to 20351 and turning off automatic update and WiFi everything works great. I’m a happy camper. Thanks for everyone’s help.

Rviator

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A 2019 Ford Ranger of course, and a 2015 Yamaha YZF-R3
Occupation
retired aerospace engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Updated from 21020 to 21098 over wifi 2 nights ago. To any who wonder, the truck does not need to be powered on for the update. I just checked for updates over wifi and then closed the door. Home 5G wifi indicated downloading for quite some time. All seems to work fine today.
I did have an issue with Travel Link using 21020 stating no Travel link subscription, spoke with Sirius XM but no change then the next day it worked fine.
All is fine on 21098 so far.

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Updated from 21020 to 21098 over wifi 2 nights ago. To any who wonder, the truck does not need to be powered on for the update. I just checked for updates over wifi and then closed the door. Home 5G wifi indicated downloading for quite some time. All seems to work fine today.
I did have an issue with Travel Link using 21020 stating no Travel link subscription, spoke with Sirius XM but no change then the next day it worked fine.
All is fine on 21098 so far.
Travel link will likely stop working.

JoeC

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Well ..... It's been, what, 10 days since my truck somehow decided it was ok with this new update?
I have no idea, after losing my XM subscriptions, spending an hour on the phone to advanced XM support to no avail, why everything now seems happy.
But, it is.
These Sync updates drive me crazy.
My advise is to give them time to settle down.

I'm not trying to excuse this primitive update fiasco, I'm just trying to live with it.
And, so far, giving it time seems to have worked, for me.
Sponsored