First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
IT
okay does anyone have a radio that is using travel ink and it actually works more then one or two times in a row….??? If so what version of sync are you using? I’ve upgraded to the newest version, broken. I‘ve downgraded to version 20351 and It still works when feels like it!…. Come on Ford get your shit together ….. 50k and I can’t use my nav unit or listen to Sirius like I should.
Sponsored

Last edited:

FordRacing

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
IT
After going back to 20351 and turning off automatic update and WiFi everything works great. I’m a happy camper. Thanks for everyone’s help.
Mine worked for a while then stopped again and I verified I was on the same version, and it didn’t upgrade on me.

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ford Ranger Lariat,MB GLK250,’21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
Mine worked for a while then stopped again and I verified I was on the same version, and it didn’t upgrade on me.
Don’t jinx me. Mine is still working.

fusseli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4 White Platinum Tri-Coat
Occupation
EE
Vehicle Showcase
Mine auto updated about a month ago and I do not have any issues so far. I’m glad I didn’t have to idle the engine for an hour to get this update.

alcohenusa

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Retired
okay does anyone have a radio that is using travel ink and it actually works more then one or two times in a row….??? If so what version of sync are you using? I’ve upgraded to the newest version, broken. I‘ve downgraded to version 20351 and It still works when feels like it!…. Come on Ford get your shit together ….. 50k and I can’t use my nav unit or listen to Sirius like I should.
Mine works since rolling back to 20282 (using my original download). No issues with the radio at all and it may take a few minutes for the other subscriptions to activate. It works every time.

JKocot

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SCrew FX4, 2018 Explorer Sport
Occupation
Senior Systems Engineer/Former Marine
Since going back to 20351 and doing a master reset (on 7/9/21) my Travel Link and Sirius has been working fine.

Stevo56

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT, 2016 Ford Taurus SEL AWD
Occupation
Retired
I rolled back to 20351 and everything works fine. As others have said, sometimes a master reset is needed.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Quick question for those on 20282 or 20351:

If you're using an iPhone and CarPlay, can you select a recent Music playlist while moving or are they grayed out when the vehicle is in motion?

One of the updates installed this "feature" and it drives me bats every time I encounter it.

I just want to be able to touch a recent playlist while moving again.

Rviator

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A 2019 Ford Ranger of course, and a 2015 Yamaha YZF-R3
Occupation
retired aerospace engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I'm running 21098 and the only thing that doesn't always work is TravelLink. It always appears to run the movie times and maybe add sports. Sirius XM works fine. It seems about half the time Travellink is as well, the weather map is most useful to me. You can see what subscriptions are active and which are unavailable by tapping on Apps in the main menu then Travelink and scroll a couple pages over to I think its labeled status or maybe subscriptions. They should all be green.
As far as weather radar goes the app on my iPhone is far better.

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ford Ranger Lariat,MB GLK250,’21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
I'm running 21098 and the only thing that doesn't always work is TravelLink. It always appears to run the movie times and maybe add sports. Sirius XM works fine. It seems about half the time Travellink is as well, the weather map is most useful to me. You can see what subscriptions are active and which are unavailable by tapping on Apps in the main menu then Travelink and scroll a couple pages over to I think its labeled status or maybe subscriptions. They should all be green.
As far as weather radar goes the app on my iPhone is far better.
Ford needs to fix it.

alcohenusa

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Retired
Quick question for those on 20282 or 20351:

If you're using an iPhone and CarPlay, can you select a recent Music playlist while moving or are they grayed out when the vehicle is in motion?

One of the updates installed this "feature" and it drives me bats every time I encounter it.

I just want to be able to touch a recent playlist while moving again.
With 20282 you cannot select a playlist when moving at keast through the touch screen. I would think you could do it with Siri, but did not try it.

Last edited:
OP
OP

tmcolegr

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Platinum 4x4 & 2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
I had the opportunity to have a conversation with someone at my dealership about the 21098 update. Keep in mind 21098 was released on 7/4/21.

The 21098 was never intended to fix the Sirius XM or Travel Link issue. That will be addressed at a future date, which he couldn't commit to a timeline. The 21098 update was intended to address the issue below:

SSM 49885 - 2019-2021 Various Ford And Lincoln Vehicles - Intermittent Audio Echo/Robotic Voice During A Bluetooth Phone Call - Engineering Investigation

Some 2019-2021 Ford and Lincoln vehicles may exhibit an intermittent audio echo/robotic voice heard during a bluetooth phone call by the person that is not in the vehicle. Using Apple CarPlay and Android Auto instead of Bluetooth can help alleviate the concern. Also turning on, then off, the privacy setting in the SYNC touchscreen can temporarily alleviate the concern. Engineering is currently investigating this concern and will be releasing a service fix in early July 2021. Let the customer know they can continue to drive the vehicle and schedule service appointments for customers once the repair becomes available. Monitor OASIS for updates.