First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Everest MY19.75
Occupation
Photographer
I noticed yesterday that the Navigation area of the Lariat dash cluster is getting fed info from Android Auto. Pretty sure it didn't do that when I bought the truck. Not sure which update would have changed that.
Ooh that’s interesting, my BMW X3 shows nav instructions in the cluster with CarPlay if I use Apple Maps. My Everest shows me nothing, curious to see if this update adds them!
Sponsored

dmenace1

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat SCrew FX4
Occupation
OTR Driver
There currently isn't a navigation update available. NA 1 19 is the most current
I purchased my ‘21 Ranger Lariat FX4 on April 27th and had the Sync 3 ver. 3.4 and with Nav 2 20 installed. I checked online a sync navigation.com to see if any new updates were available, they were, but it would take it back the Nav 1 19.

OP
OP

tmcolegr

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Platinum 4x4 & 2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
I purchased my ‘21 Ranger Lariat FX4 on April 27th and had the Sync 3 ver. 3.4 and with Nav 2 20 installed. I checked online a sync navigation.com to see if any new updates were available, they were, but it would take it back the Nav 1 19.
I'm confused about what your point is...

The latest version of Nav NA 2 20 is not available for download or purchase from the Sync 3 Navigation website. Only available as an OTA update

SymChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 / 2017 Escape SE FWD
Was posted in another thread, but for those who weren't able to upload the XML file for this release, it appears the Ford site is allowing it now. I just uploaded mine no problem this afternoon.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Was posted in another thread, but for those who weren't able to upload the XML file for this release, it appears the Ford site is allowing it now. I just uploaded mine no problem this afternoon.
Miracle of miracles! I thought I'd give it a whirl after seeing this, and low and behold it actually accepted my upload and even more amazing, it now shows me with the correct version installed.

Bsqrd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat FX4
I noticed yesterday that the Navigation area of the Lariat dash cluster is getting fed info from Android Auto. Pretty sure it didn't do that when I bought the truck. Not sure which update would have changed that.

I can see the name of the road that I'm currently on, the name of the next turn, the distance to next turn, and the speed limit. The remaining trip time and distance are up top but either stick at 0 or 4 for some reason.

1622993367700.png
I'm having trouble getting Android Auto to work with the new update. Anyone else having this issue? Worked great before.

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
I'm confused about what your point is...

The latest version of Nav NA 2 20 is not available for download or purchase from the Sync 3 Navigation website. Only available as an OTA update
You can also download 2.20 using the syn3updater, which is what I did.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You can also download 2.20 using the syn3updater, which is what I did.
That is what I did as well - I don't believe it is being offered to 2019 owners, only 2020 and 2021.

I've honestly found the cyanlabs update process to be MUCH easier and more bulletproof than the Ford process.

Secousse

First Name
Secousse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
I've honestly found the cyanlabs update process to be MUCH easier and more bulletproof than the Ford process.
Is it possible to flash the wrong files with this method? Or can you easily select the latest version?

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Is it possible to flash the wrong files with this method? Or can you easily select the latest version?
Sure - But to me, it seems pretty robust - but you do have options and need to pay attention to what you are selecting. It requires more interaction than the Ford method, but once you've selected what you want, it seems more robust to actually pull stuff down.

Stevo56

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT, 2016 Ford Taurus SEL AWD
Occupation
Retired
For people having issues with Siriusxm and travel link, Ford has issued a TSB. It looks like Ford will use a "Universal USB Stick" to downgrade 21020 to a previous build. Sounds like it also fixes other potential issues.

Attachments

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
For people having issues with Siriusxm and travel link, Ford has issued a TSB. It looks like Ford will use a "Universal USB Stick" to downgrade 21020 to a previous build. Sounds like it also fixes other potential issues.
Interesting. I don't have issues because I don't use XM and everything else works for me. But, I like to stay up to date. Wonder if this will be release for download.

Added: Oh, it's a downgrade. No thank you.

Last edited:
OP
OP

tmcolegr

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Platinum 4x4 & 2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
Had that TSB done. Did nothing to fix Travel Link and Sirius XM

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' Escape Hybrid,18' Fusion Hybrid
The universal stick is basically the first line of attack to see if upgrading software addresses a particular issue. I don't believe it's set up to downgrade, only upgrade. They've been using that for a while now.
Sponsored