PltFX4

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2109 Ranger Lariat FX4
Here’s the text from the Nav page where you enter your VIN:
“*Data points above represent the changes in the HERE Map Database from Q1 21. Exact data may vary by product. The current Map version is NA 2 21.”

If Ford stays true to the schedule of the last few years, then I would expect the next update in the fall of 2023. And that would probably be NA 2 22.

It is what it is…..
Ahhh, now I see that.. as a asterisk item... Thanks.
Sponsored

Rockhound

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger 4x4 XLT
Occupation
Cabinet Installer
First with your battery tender which side of the negative sensor are you on? See there is a little black square on negative post if you connected straight to the battery after that box then the bms isn't seeing the charging you need to go before it, id suggest you connect the negative charger terminal to a solid ground on the engine block or to one of the many grounded cables bolted onto the inner engine bay then see what happens, I'm certain that's what's going on

Also you can't do sync updates through the trucks wifi hotspot, for some dumb reason i don't know why but Ford should have it so if you're using data through the trucks modem and data sim etc you should be able to toggle updates via that on or off ,,, mostly cause if you have a low data plan it'll suck up a lot of data, and in the garage it'll only update when you have either key in accessory mode or turned on and even then it takes for fucking ever

I could post the pics of my sync screen to show the update file names if anyone wants to see them

Im just getting sick of the electronics tech side of this truck, i also get that battery sleep message occasionally but hasn't happened as frequently as the first 6 months of ownership brand new
Regarding the BMS, Makuloco You Tuber says negative tender clamp needs to be behind the sensor mounted to the negative terminal for the system to recognize input.

airline tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat-Super Crew, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
I did that to start with and that's where I'm NOT seeing where it says NA 2 21 (or any other version). I am on NA 2 21 so it seems I am current, but figured by now, NA 2 22 would be out... (is the 2 222 for Feb 2022??) If I understand, your saying NA 2 22 will not be out till Feb 2023... Yes??
NA2.22 will release Fall 2023, most likely November

TOMDEE

Banned
Banned
First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 lariat
Occupation
retired
I have sync 3.4 build 22200_ PRODUCT
And literally have been doing wifi updates(through my phone's 5/5ghz mobile hotspot wifi) and literally each update is around 1 GB and it's update after update after updatei take pics of screen to make sure they're all different and it's not just fucking up and redoing the same ones and I'm at the 9th update now, i haven't been checking or doing them for about a year but now I'm doing them daily and they never stop what the actual fuck does Ford not understand how to roll up all previous non major version changes into one update like the rest of the tech industry mainly does?
Also i never see any changes in function or features so it must be security and or bugs, but i haven't had any bugs or issues... Makes me wonder how bad the ecu must be in our trucks because we can't update those yet apparently they can't get a simple infotainment system to be proper and needs a 90s hard drive worth of data every God damn update

Fucking useless

Anyone have any idea about any of this?
Is there a way to get all previous non version changes updates in one package
I HAVE A 2O19 RANGER AND STILL HAVE THE ORIGINAL BUILD, I DON'T CONNECT TO THE NET AS WHEN I TRY THAT I GET INFOTAINMENT SCREEN FREEZE WHENEVER I START THE TRUCK, USELESS. I DON'T NEED TO START MY TRUCK REMOTELY FROM ALASKA WHEN I'M VISITING A BROTHEL IN ALABAMA

hughesjv

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
IMHO, Ford issues very few updates. When I got my Ranger in Aug 21 there was an update that Ford pushed out to my truck that fixed an issue with Travel Link not communicating with the nav system correctly and just recently they pushed out 3.4.22200. Two updates in a year is not a lot.

My Android phone gets an update about every other month, my smart watch every three months and it seems like Widows gets an update weekly.
Same here on all three...

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
I use syn3updater. Latest Version is 3.4.2251.

Untitled.png
That is good for Sync system updates but if you have a 2020 or newer vehicle you can't down load the new maps.

The subscription prices noted in the previous post were for map updates.

mtsoxfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
ok, 2019 lariat. Never got a notice to update anything since new. Is this a concern? I use navigation, almost always accurate, but yesterday would have sent me on wild goose chase. Once in a blue moon, xm radio freezes and won't come back on for hour or longer. SYNC?

or is this only for newer vehichles?

MrJ1s

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Semi-Retired
To clarify this, MAP update is separate from the Sync update, this is the one time a year update.
Current Map Vs NA2.21, and that has to be downloaded and installed via USB, no wi-fi install available. It took some time after release for mine to actually show it was available on the website. (Map Update) mine was only at Vs NA2.20 prior to updating it
So the current versions are:

Sync: 3.4.22200
Map: NA2.21

You can see the current versions on the sync display (Settings - Automatic Update-Current Syn Versions) Scroll down and you will see Map Version
I'm confused, I updated my 2021 Ranger Sync 3 to version 3.4.22200 via USB, (much better than OTA). I have no map version (NA2.20 or other) in my version list. When I go to the Ford site and enter my VIN it indicates;

This vehicle is not eligible for a Sync 3 map update. The vehicle does not have navigation capabilities. Please check the VIN and ESN.

If you feel that the information is correct, please contact customer service at (800) 392-3673

I also checked the ESN, it starts with a U - Not a V or W as per the Ford site.

The only thing that may be different about my 2021 Ranger is that it was a fleet vehicle that came down from Canada. (Yes it has Daytime Running Lights like all Canadian vehicles). The window sticker they gave me was in French.

alcohenusa

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Retired
I'm confused, I updated my 2021 Ranger Sync 3 to version 3.4.22200 via USB, (much better than OTA). I have no map version (NA2.20 or other) in my version list. When I go to the Ford site and enter my VIN it indicates;

This vehicle is not eligible for a Sync 3 map update. The vehicle does not have navigation capabilities. Please check the VIN and ESN.

If you feel that the information is correct, please contact customer service at (800) 392-3673

I also checked the ESN, it starts with a U - Not a V or W as per the Ford site.

The only thing that may be different about my 2021 Ranger is that it was a fleet vehicle that came down from Canada. (Yes it has Daytime Running Lights like all Canadian vehicles). The window sticker they gave me was in French.
So, the question is…. Do you have Nav in your Ranger? (Had to ask…). Not all Rangers have Nav. Also, make sure you are looking at the Sync ESN. The US Rangers have 2 ESNs, one for Sync and one for Sirius/XM.

I you do have Nav then you’ll probably have to call the number listed. I don’t know if the web site is different for Canadian vehicles.

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager