First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Information Technology
Greetings, here are some background details.

2019 Ranger
Sync 3.4 ( v3.4.20136 )
Official upgrade from Ford, I did not lose my Climate control
Voice Files are in place, including voice nav.
Cellphone Samsung Galaxy S10E\Samsung Galaxy S9 Previously - issues below experienced on both devices

Issues:

1. Random disconnects on Bluetooth, my phone will just unpair, the truck will attempt to repair, and will succeed, i've only seen this during phone calls which is super fun.

2. Hands free "Call *Insert name* - Sync responds with "This feature is not enable on Bluetooth audio devices" I immediately retry, and it works. Its like it thinks my phone is an audio only device.

3. Hands free "Call *Insert name* - Sync responds with "Sync is currently downloading your phonebook details" or something very similar, i've been in my truck for easily 10 minutes and if I immediately retry, It usually works, but not always.

Curious if anyone else experiences any of this.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Last edited:

SILK

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT Crew Cab Sport, 2018 Santa Cruz Tallboy
Occupation
IT Director
There are some definite bugs and issues with 3.4.20136. We're all kind of waiting for the updated 3.4 that Ford has supposedly been going to send out "soon". In another forum, a Sync engineer said to keep an eye out for the "end of the month." You can check https://owner.ford.com/tools/account/how-tos/keep-your-sync-up-to-date.html to see what version Ford thinks you have and if there is a new one available. This is where you download the new update when it's released.

I'd say deal with it until the next update comes out and see if it fixes your issues. Dealerships may be good with engines and suspensions, but it's unlikely they're good with troubleshooting tech issues. It's also not like they can really do anything about it. Sync kind of is what it is and unless you have a Forscan, you can't change things at the granular level like you can on a PC to see if that resolves your issue.

OP
OP
Engmus

Engmus

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Information Technology
Yea, I feel you there I know better then to take the Sync issues to the dealer, I'll keep an eye on the sync page above thanks, I was really just hoping to see that im not the only one with this wonkiness since the upgrade. lol

gttafoya

First Name
Gilbert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Electronics Technician
I have the Note 10+.
I have seen this before on my Focus(Sync 1), Mustang(Sync 2) and the Ranger(Sync3.3 and 3.4)
I think it's a Phone problem more than a Sync issue.

Reboot the phone. This is what fixed my problems with the Bluetooth and Sync.

on the Mustang (Sync 2), I deleted the phone multiple times did a master reset of the sync. still had issues. Finally fixed it by rebooting the phone.

When I had problems on the Focus (sync 1), I started with a Phone Reboot and that cleared it up without having to do the Sync Master Reset. Same with the Ranger (Sync3).

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' Escape Hybrid,18' Fusion Hybrid
Greetings, here are some background details.

2019 Ranger
Sync 3.4 ( v3.4.20136 )
Official upgrade from Ford, I did not lose my Climate control
Voice Files are in place, including voice nav.
Cellphone Samsung Galaxy S10E\Samsung Galaxy S9 Previously - issues below experienced on both devices

Issues:

1. Random disconnects on Bluetooth, my phone will just unpair, the truck will attempt to repair, and will succeed, i've only seen this during phone calls which is super fun.

2. Hands free "Call *Insert name* - Sync responds with "This feature is not enable on Bluetooth audio devices" I immediately retry, and it works. Its like it thinks my phone is an audio only device.

3. Hands free "Call *Insert name* - Sync responds with "Sync is currently downloading your phonebook details" or something very similar, i've been in my truck for easily 10 minutes and if I immediately retry, It usually works, but not always.

Curious if anyone else experiences any of this.

Thanks!
I'd wager those are all related, especially #1 and #3. #2 could be some weird mis-recognition, or could be a timing thing between phone disconnect/connect. Do you have analytics and diagnostics options enabled?

slowmachine

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler, waiting for a Ranger PHEV
Bluetooth disconnect/reconnect could be something specific to the phone. Testing with a different phone can confirm. We have four different models of iPhones, but only my SE (2016 version) does this in our CR-V. The same phone works flawlessly in our BMW and the Ranger.
Sponsored